• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 110 Comes to Origin, Izumo, and Baja

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3/9/2021 Greetings, We are pleased to announce with each shard’s regularly scheduled maintenance, beginning on March 10, 2021, Origin, Izumo, and Baja will be updated with the latest release of Publish 110. Please head over to the wiki and check out the full publish notes. Please also note that vendor search will be down on these 3 until Publish 110 is released WW. This release includes a mandatory client patch so please make sure you fully patch up your client before accessing TC1 or any production shard. We look forward to your feedback on the UO forums. See you in […]

Continue reading...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Now here a question I like to ask.

Wildfire Ostard Statuette
  • Must be Grandmaster Animal Taming to claim pet from statuette
  • A majestic greenish/yellow Ostard
  • 3 -> 5 Slot Pet
  • Poisoning Ability
  • Functions Similarly to a Bane Dragon
  • Eats standard Ostard Foods
  • Pack Instinct<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<WHY?

On the # of followers you can have is capped at 5. So its start life as a 3, so there no way you going to run two. So why????????????

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You could have a Wildfire Ostard and a Frenzied. I guess that it their thinking on allowing the Wildfire to have pack instinct.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
An untrained wildfire and 2 frenzied ostards would have pack instinct.

I'm sure it was just a residual of using the frenzied model.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The rewards at Bucs is a staggered release, meaning we wont' get all the items at once.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
once upon a time i thought that maybe you could get the benefit of the pack instincts if you where in a party with people using the same pets that had pack instincts.... because you know how they keep pushing working together and playing together with people, but that's a hard no.

that and pets that have pack instincts loose their pack instinct when you level them up.

its unfortunate because that would be really very neat and a cool way to build a team dynamic for big hunts.
5 tamers all running fire steeds.
10 tamers all running ozzies.
8 tamers all running hell hounds.

wouldn't that be a sight to see at an event!
ozzies.... as far as the eye could see!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The rewards at Bucs is a staggered release, meaning we wont' get all the items at once.
Glad ya clarified... for a minute there I figured ya meant we would only get them if drunk... :shots:

once upon a time i thought that maybe you could get the benefit of the pack instincts if you where in a party with people using the same pets that had pack instincts.... because you know how they keep pushing working together and playing together with people, but that's a hard no.

that and pets that have pack instincts loose their pack instinct when you level them up.

its unfortunate because that would be really very neat and a cool way to build a team dynamic for big hunts.
It is unfortunate... Fire Steeds need a little extra kick to be in the truly formidable range. Pack instinct would give them that.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Against low resists foes, five 1 slot Wolf Spiders tear them apart. During the recent Invasions, i had a Disco/Tamer running five fully trained 1 slot Wolf Spiders with "As One" running, and a full 4x120 Bard/Mage with Inspire/Invigorate running. Each Wolf Spider was doing 100-120 damage a hit every 1.25 secs, so 500-600 damage (not counting Lethal Poison ticks) total every 1.25 secs against the Generals. "As One" was splitting the damage taken between all Wolf Spiders, and Inspire/Invigorate was healing them all while buffing their damage output. They could even take on the Ancient Wyrms and Frost Dragons. I had the highest damage output against the Generals, and so got the Spellbook every time.
In comparison, 120 Chiv+AI 5 slot pets were only doing 200-260 damage every 1.25 secs during EoO.
For every pet in a pack, it adds +25% Damage to each pet. 2 Pets = +25% Damage. 3 Pets = +50% Damage. 4 Pets = +75% Damage. 5 Pets = +100% Damage.

For big guild hunts (such as Osiredon or Blackthorn's Captains) i'll oftentimes pair my Disco/Tamer and his RC+AP Fire Beetle, with my Death Ray Tamer/Mage © and his 120 Disco+CB Triton. The sheer amount of debuffs from those two combined makes a boss melt like butter with a big group on him. 120 Discord+Rune Corruption+Conductive Blast+Death Ray+Armor Pierce+HLA+HLD. My Disco/Tamer uses this bow to apply HLA/HLD as well.
Debuff Bow 3.PNG

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

Or multi tamers with Rabbits ;) The fun there in Fel in the old days was so funny to see

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
PlayerSkillFTW, that bow is something I've been considering. How reforging option did you use to get -15 mage skill on it? You can only imbue to -20.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Thank you.

I have been thinking about building some weapons - probably daggers - to apply debuffs with my bard/tamers and tamer/weavers. They mostly just stand around throwing out the occasional heal - but none of them have eval so I don't bother with offensive spellcasting. I'm leaving a lot on the table by doing so; I figure a dagger is fast so it will apply the debuffs fairly often. I will try it with Corgul; that's a target that takes me a long time to beat and everyone ends up in melee range anyway.

Spell Channeling
Mage Weapon (hopefully -15)
HLD 50
HLA 50
Maybe Hit Fatigue ?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I wonder if they push this to all the other shards soon? Have not seen any emergency that warranted the pulling of the "ALL STOP THE TRAIN" cord yet. I really like to transfer my stuff off of Baja someday.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They are still trying to figure out the Transmog potion mess...since people have been testing it and finding things that could be exploited transferring from one armor type to another they've nerfed it beyond useful :(

At least I get to save some money because I was going to buy a few more undead wedding packages so I could finally wear that cool veil....but now it won't work with that so :/

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you.

I have been thinking about building some weapons - probably daggers - to apply debuffs with my bard/tamers and tamer/weavers. They mostly just stand around throwing out the occasional heal - but none of them have eval so I don't bother with offensive spellcasting. I'm leaving a lot on the table by doing so; I figure a dagger is fast so it will apply the debuffs fairly often. I will try it with Corgul; that's a target that takes me a long time to beat and everyone ends up in melee range anyway.

Spell Channeling
Mage Weapon (hopefully -15)
HLD 50
HLA 50
Maybe Hit Fatigue ?
Mind blast doesn't need eval for damage.