• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 109 Test Center Release 2

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
7/10/2020 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the next release of Publish 109 to TC 1! This release brings our Dynamic Treasures system which will allow us to setup dynamically generated Treasures events. We’ve setup a short test scenario on TC 1 for players to test both the Dynamic Treasures and Champ Spawn system. You can start the scenario by visiting the Britain Commons. Check out the publish notes for full details and we look forward to your feedback. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone know how to do the Poseidons Fury quest? I got stuck at the 2nd book.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Anyone know how to do the Poseidons Fury quest? I got stuck at the 2nd book.
1st book tells you to go to Trinsic & have a drink.
speak with Drake Foxx

speak the name of ship "Poseidon's Fury
and the city...
when you go to the next location, you get book 2

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How long is this content active? I read a lot about EMs creating it. But EM events usually only account for one hour per full week. Will those champion spawns and treassures be available for a couple of days?

Or again just one hour per week or whatever your EM feels like?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
petemage, there's been persistent EM quests that last an entire week for well over a decade.

the only difference appears to be that it's now possible for them to spit out items instead of just clues to the next quest NPC.

In fact, the real problem with the older ones is that often many of the created quest NPCs don't go away like they should, and they end up as red herrings for the unwary who don't remember them from the earlier event. They still respond to keywords, but the path for those quests usually is broken because other NPCs went away properly.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1st book tells you to go to Trinsic & have a drink.
speak with Drake Foxx

speak the name of ship "Poseidon's Fury
and the city...
when you go to the next location, you get book 2
I got that far. I found no ship in the Desert. I looked around compassion shrine.

How far r u?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These keywords and next destination remind me of early PC games. Myst was very popular. I was not good at those. The only one I finished was Leisure Suit Larry. I liked Populous, Sim City, Civilization.

Will be interesting to see the end fight.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In fact, the real problem with the older ones is that often many of the created quest NPCs don't go away like they should, and they end up as red herrings for the unwary who don't remember them from the earlier event. They still respond to keywords, but the path for those quests usually is broken because other NPCs went away properly.
Yes. There are NPCs with just a name. That may be used later. Come to to TC and give feedback.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Before you try to copy character on TC1 do this:
First, go to TC1 and see if you got like 6-7 character slots filled with your oooooold characters from 2010 or so. Then delete one or more of them. Make sure you are on TC1 when you do this and not back on your home shard. Thus create an empty slot ready to receive a character in transfer.
Then finally go to home shard, and "copy" the character you want to TC1.
Otherwise if you don't do this, and assume there is an empty slot on TC1, you will get the goofy message that transfer was not possible due to need for empty slot, AND you will then need to wait 24 hours, before you can transfer again. This should have been fixed 20 years ago. But..this is UO! The Developer can be counted on to shoot themselves in the foot, always!

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you can transfer again. This should have been fixed 20 years ago. But..this is UO! The Developer can be counted on to shoot themselves in the foot, always!
Transfer shield are from about 2011 and I am quite sure that transfer token aren't much older .

Often tc1 is wiped and there aren't any Chars already.

And if I have no slot free on a prodo shard I can transfer after delete of one of my dummy Chars. I assume that tc1 has the same mechanism.

They have holes in their foots but not for this stuff.