• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 109 Test Center Release 1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
7/7/2020 Greetings, We are pleased to announce we have updated Test Center 1 with the latest release of Publish 109. Please head over to the wiki and check out the full publish notes. This release includes a mandatory client patch so please make sure you fully patch up your client before accessing TC1 or any production shard. We look forward to your feedback on the UO forums. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish we could get all of the houses in mini. Not just one that you made up and one that does exist.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Endless Journey players that have been dead for over 30 minutes in-game will be teleported to safe locations based on the facet.
This is progress. Next up, can we ban scripters, so they don't have to use 2 EJ accounts to obtain 100% coverage? Not that part to make a script go get ressed and then go back and die again.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I don’t see this helping much

Glorfindel

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
A lot of 109 looks like it will be neat, I’m looking forward to it. Guild stone stuff sounds awesome

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Been out of the loop a while...

this Dynamic Champ spawn stuff and the 26 new Champ locations.. are these just for event based deals? Or are they new areas to access the standard Champ spawn activity?

Doubt there is a lot of info on it yet, but on the off chance there is, where can I access the info?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been out of the loop a while...

this Dynamic Champ spawn stuff and the 26 new Champ locations.. are these just for event based deals? Or are they new areas to access the standard Champ spawn activity?

Doubt there is a lot of info on it yet, but on the off chance there is, where can I access the info?
If they don't drop scrolls, etc, why do they think we will want to do them? Seems a pointless waste of effort to me

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If they don't drop scrolls, etc, why do they think we will want to do them? Seems a pointless waste of effort to me
I saw that they do not drop scrolls but I assumed they would be like the current Ilsh Champs and still drop the items etc at the same lowered drop rate.

Even if they do not, I still use them from time to time in order to get back in the swing of running them quickly, trying new tactics etc..

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For em events, bosses are gonna drop fast, people are gonna be upset.

Good times will be had by trolls

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can't wait for the complaints from people complaining about the "trolls" who only show up at the EM spawn for the boss!

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel like these store items should be the real anniversary rewards. By all means, add them to the store for those who want more or miss logging in. But the anniversaries lately haven't been great.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dynamic champ spawn... NO SCROLLS... what's the point then??? Work hard get zip... doesn't seem rewarding to me.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The champs are not player activated.
They are just for global events(invasion going on now) and em events. Its to add more variety to mobs instead of valorite eles, or slashers, or stugian dragons...

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prefer classic guildstones to puffy. The new mini choices are dev favs no matter what spin is put on it. I play, I know what's out there. The mage set is nice but not for me. The silver items are pretty, have seen 2 of them and one rare cauldron (green/black color fire). The champs are em toys. Not player generated. The new ride is wicked cute, maybe buy one.

Idk guys I am so tired of waiting for something freaking awesome for this game. Not little toys scattered on us. Maybe it just cannot ever happen again. The "UO Ship of Fanatastic Content" didn't just sail, it sunk. I can only decorate so much longer. :(

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got all excited to be able to transfer mods to the 'Cloak of the Virtuous' from the Jolly Roger event arc but it's the wrong dang slot!

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Decorative Guildstones
    • Available in 3 different styles – Legacy, Knight Chess Piece, and Rook Chess Piece
    • When locked down in a house a context menu option allows the house owner to update guild information on the stone.
    • When double clicked the stone will display the Guild Name, Guild Abbreviation, Guild Leader’s Name, and Guild Leader’s Title.
    • The Guild # created on the shard for the first 1000 guilds ever created on a specific shard. For guilds created after the first 1000 on a shard the shard the guild was created will be displayed.
    • Can be dyed with regular, pigment, natural, and promo dyes.
Note to self. Questions and followups:
  • Do original guildstones regain previous guild functionality, or remain as deco? Deeded guildstones are not affected by Pub109. Guild functions remain tied to guild menu.
  • If remaining as deco, can a new functional stone be created for existing guilds? New stones must be locked down and "Update guild information" selected from context menu to enable guild info displays.
  • Can multiple guildstones exist for the same guild, or are store purchases essentially limited to one per guild? Yes, multiple guildstones can be locked down in same house.
  • Is guild number based on guild creation date or guildstone creation date? No idea. Unable to test.
  • Are guild numbers assigned retroactively, or for newly created guilds/stones? No idea. Unable to test.
  • If for newly created guilds, do existing guilds have an identifier? No idea. Unable to test.
  • Since capacity was the reason guildstone functionality was originally removed, and now that Endless Journey exists, is it safe to assume guildstone capacity issues are no longer a concern for certain shards? Not relevant. Guild functions remain tied to guild menu.
The new legacy guildstone graphic appears slightly different than original guildstone graphic.

[Update] Decorative guildstones are shard bound, deeded ones are not. The new stones must be locked down and "Update guild information" selected from context menu. Stone will then display guild info based on the updating player's guild affiliation. Guild name and symbol will display on mouseover and is visible to anyone. If a player has security access, double-clicking stone reveals pop-up display with guild symbol, name, and guildmaster's name. If guild info is not updated a "The guild this stone is linked to is no longer valid" mesage will appear. House owners and co-owners with security access can update the stone. If the house has multiple co-owners with security access, and all are members of different guilds, guild info displays for the most recent player updating the stone.

Guildstones.jpg
Original deeded graphic at left, followd by new "legacy" graphic, and the two chess pieces.

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
has anyone posted the new guildstone graphics.
has anyone posted a pic of the new giant rat rideable?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's a Capybara... The lamest Zoo animal.

1594243472982.png

Looks like they can be Trained:
1594243855469.png

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should have made the robe transmogrify potion a reward from Huntsmaster Challenge or an item we could buy from this years Halloween Dungeon.

How many Robes slot items are there that can be dyed?

The ones in the store, The hooded Robes from Monks, Crafted plain robes/dresses etc. Is that all?

I guess we could craft the bloody cloth into robes if they hold the color. Also the cool Blue, Green and Orange cloth.

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
They should have made the robe transmogrify potion a reward from Huntsmaster Challenge or an item we could buy from this years Halloween Dungeon.

How many Robes slot items are there that can be dyed?

The ones in the store, The hooded Robes from Monks, Crafted plain robes/dresses etc. Is that all?

I guess we could craft the bloody cloth into robes if they hold the color. Also the cool Blue, Green and Orange cloth.
Honestly I do not get how this one works.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Honestly I do not get how this one works.
I'm guessing it would be so one could take the properties of the Robe of the Equinox (for example) and add it to an elven robe or a hooded shroud perhaps.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I'm guessing it would be so one could take the properties of the Robe of the Equinox (for example) and add it to an elven robe or a hooded shroud perhaps.
Basically the set of properties from one to another article of clothing?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It keeps the color of the Target item. So you can craft a Robe using a rare cloth color and give it the stats of some other Robe item.

If you have a special name on an item, that name transfers to the new item. EM items cant be used.
You can turn a plain robe into a dress, it keeps who made the robe but still says dress.

The bloody cloth items look very different in the two clients. One of the Red Bloody cloths makes the Flowered Dress have an embarrassing Blood stain in the CC.

Last edited:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Basically the set of properties from one to another article of clothing?
you can put them on gargish robe, elven robe, evening gown, gilded dress, plain dress, fancy dress, female elven robe, gargish fancy robe, flowered dress, female kimono, male kimono, kamishimo

if any of these are blessed, you retain the blessed status.
I don't know if the hawkwinds is blessed, if it retains its status

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
has anyone posted the new guildstone graphics.
has anyone posted a pic of the new giant rat rideable?
1594253710496.png

When you double click it... this comes up.
you have to set it to anyone for everyone to be able to see this.

I created several with the same on it.
And another char with a different guild.
As long as you are co-owner to the house, you can update info on the stone.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should have made the other Chess pieces. Players would buy em for that.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They seem a little large

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
View attachment 109993

When you double click it... this comes up.
you have to set it to anyone for everyone to be able to see this.

I created several with the same on it.
And another char with a different guild.
As long as you are co-owner to the house, you can update info on the stone.
Can you create one for a guild that already exists, essentially giving a guild multiple/limitless guildstones? Do you have to be guilded to create one for that guild?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Can you create one for a guild that already exists, essentially giving a guild multiple/limitless guildstones? Do you have to be guilded to create one for that guild?
you have to be in the guild in order to create it.
but you also have to have it locked down in a house you are co-owned.
I did the same guild on each of these.
And then used a second char to change it to a different guild.

If its set to anyone, anyone can view the leadership...
but only co-owners can change the guild information

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Man, the transmog stuff should really be an in-game option. Not some **** you have to pay cash for.

You know, like every other MMO on the market.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really impressed with the ground hog thing, not sure why they can't just make something awesome like the necro ram thing that everyone has wanted to be rideable since they introduced it.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoa @Cerwin Vega !! You are so right. Ugh, maybe the rodent is their idea of a joke. It is cute (and I will probably buy one) but the necro ram would have been awesome. We just don't get awesome anymore :(. You think a new vet ride could be one? Maybe.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cute they may be, but I have not once, EVER seen anyone asking for a ridable capybara

I have however seen plenty asking for the Khaldun event to run again to get first aid belts etc.....

Wait for it

Mesanna......."NO"

but there IS more **** in the store for people to buy, Still no SHARD SHIELDS, with the sovereigns we don't have seeing as you stole them and dont reply to emails

great customer services there

Dan(Tasanar)

Journeyman
Professional
UNLEASHED
Cute they may be, but I have not once, EVER seen anyone asking for a ridable capybara

I have however seen plenty asking for the Khaldun event to run again to get first aid belts etc.....

Wait for it

Mesanna......."NO"

but there IS more **** in the store for people to buy, Still no SHARD SHIELDS, with the sovereigns we don't have seeing as you stole them and dont reply to emails

great customer services there
I see the way those moderators talk to people over on the UO forums, locking posts and talking down to others.

The worst moderation team I've seen.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
all my complaints get Locked up pretty much straight away.........easier for the corrupt forum mods to grovel to the devs if the forums are trouble free
The main problem is Mariah's interpretation of what moderation is. She did the same stuff when she was a Stratics admin too. To most people, moderation means observing whatever discussions randomly pop up and occasionally giving them a little push or removing something to keep them on track for whatever the original poster wanted to talk about.

To her, moderation is being the gatekeeper on what is and isn't worth discussing. She treats all posts like they're PM's directly to her and require her rubber stamp of approval or personal response. She calls absolutely anything she doesn't like trolling too, because clearly if you disagree with her you must be trying to troll her. The wiki is the same way, you can't just tell her something is factually incorrect and how to fix it, instead you have to argue and fight with her about it because she takes any criticism of her wiki as an attack from a troll. I've never seen a moderator anywhere misuse the word trolling as much as she does.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I actually like capybaras but I’m surprised they would put them in game as a mount

I really liked the war hog but not the neon blue on it so I didn’t claim one
Not sure why it can’t be made transparent at least better yet able to change the color on them

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I wasn't aware that Stratics forum was the official pancake about uo.com forums website.

Seems a lot of posts are about this.

How about just not going there and focus on building/supporting your community here on Stratics...

File a complaint there. If you are not acknowledged then you've got your answer.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I avoid that forum like the plague that it is... because I knew it would be the way it is... Mariah's problem is she thinks everything said to the DEVs needs to be rainbows and sunshine... god forbid that you should have a problem with the game or the direction the DEVs are taking and want to voice that opinion...

Personally if I want the DEVs to know something anymore I email them directly...

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
all my complaints get Locked up pretty much straight away.........easier for the corrupt forum mods to grovel to the devs if the forums are trouble free
I saw your thread get locked after asking about your sovereigns. They basically told you to go screw hahaha

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk