• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 109 Comes to Origin, Izumo, & Baja

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
7/14/2020 Greetings, We are pleased to announce that Publish 109 has come to Orign, Izumo & Baja. If you haven’t already, please check out the publish notes. Many of the systems that are included in Publish 109 are related to our new dynamic encounters, so please keep an eye on UO.com for when we will be soft-launching these systems. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
WOW only a week of testing on part 1 and 4 days on part 2!? Were there any events run on the Test Centre, I mean like a dozen or so to properly test everything? It seems a bit rushed out, I hope this doesn't break anything else... o_O
Couldn't agree more @ShriNayne. It seems like for 3-4 months there was nothing new on TC1 (which could have been used to properly test many things) and then they finally loaded some new stuff to test on TC1 and in about a week they are looking to push the update live. To me that says that this publish is either just a bunch of fluff (ie no real game mechanics that need to be tested like 23rd anniv items) or they have been sitting on this "new" stuff for a couple months... likely it's a combo of both.

I've only seen 1 iteration of the treasures event and 1 iteration of the champ spawn event but both reminded me of the last ToT event (except without a luck mempo as a drop) in that there really wasn't much reason to participate unless you want some collect more decorations. For those that haven't hopped on TC1 the below are the rewards for the treasures event from what I've seen. I spent about 35min killing stuff without getting any "points" or whatever to actually claim a reward but there are only 3 and they all relate to a nautical theme which i'd have no use for.

1594751027472.png 1594751060316.png 1594751085505.png

As for the champ spawn, I did that for about 20min or so and I did get 2 "drops" in my pack of a ship in a bottle (I think that's also an MIB item too) while working the spawn but called it quits after another 10-15min when the champ spawned with the below stats (was just me at the spawn) and insta killed me in 1 hit every time on my samp with overcapped resist suit + paroxy dragon. I also tried my tamer and he insta killed my fire beetle with 700HP in 1 shot and did 615 damage in 1 hit to my 9x legendary cu sidhe. Long story short this seems like it will not be something somebody can solo AND I'm not even sure what the reward for killing the thing even is to know if it's even worth doing these things.

The mana drain thing is taken from Cora (looks like electricity on the ground) and actually said "Cora has drained you of 117 mana". The annoying thing here is that as you see it has 0 magery yet has magery mastery BUT still will cast spells including teleport (the damage is like 0 because there is no eval). With 5k stam/dex he moves very fast and add to it he teleports and you're pretty much toast if you are a tamer on foot.
1594751537997.png 1594751563024.png 1594751578917.png 1594751595090.png 1594754659377.png 1594751608689.png 1594751621042.png

Last edited:

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In he first picture, the hat actually says, "Captain's Lucky Har.."

Too funny.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They need to come up with a label for the 'triple damage to pets' ability so animallore will tell you it's there, instead of finding out by pets dying instantly to it, I think they should also add-on to that to effect provoked targets as well.

1004 damage mindblast is pretty nice against a pet with 65 cold resist =X

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As for the champ spawn, I did that for about 20min or so and I did get 2 "drops" in my pack of a ship in a bottle (I think that's also an MIB item too) while working the spawn but called it quits after another 10-15min when the champ spawned with the below stats (was just me at the spawn) and insta killed me in 1 hit every time on my samp with overcapped resist suit + paroxy dragon. I also tried my tamer and he insta killed my fire beetle with 700HP in 1 shot and did 615 damage in 1 hit to my 9x legendary cu sidhe. Long story short this seems like it will not be something somebody can solo AND I'm not even sure what the reward for killing the thing even is to know if it's even worth doing these things.

The mana drain thing is taken from Cora (looks like electricity on the ground) and actually said "Cora has drained you of 117 mana". The annoying thing here is that as you see it has 0 magery yet has magery mastery BUT still will cast spells including teleport (the damage is like 0 because there is no eval). With 5k stam/dex he moves very fast and add to it he teleports and you're pretty much toast if you are a tamer on foot.
View attachment 110091 View attachment 110092 View attachment 110093 View attachment 110094 View attachment 110097 View attachment 110095 View attachment 110096
That 5,000 STR with 144 Tact is brutal. Wonder what the Base Damage and Damage Type were.

1004 damage mindblast is pretty nice against a pet with 65 cold resist =X
Dat 5,000 INT...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Couldn't agree more @ShriNayne. It seems like for 3-4 months there was nothing new on TC1 (which could have been used to properly test many things) and then they finally loaded some new stuff to test on TC1 and in about a week they are looking to push the update live. To me that says that this publish is either just a bunch of fluff (ie no real game mechanics that need to be tested like 23rd anniv items) or they have been sitting on this "new" stuff for a couple months... likely it's a combo of both.

I've only seen 1 iteration of the treasures event and 1 iteration of the champ spawn event but both reminded me of the last ToT event (except without a luck mempo as a drop) in that there really wasn't much reason to participate unless you want some collect more decorations. For those that haven't hopped on TC1 the below are the rewards for the treasures event from what I've seen. I spent about 35min killing stuff without getting any "points" or whatever to actually claim a reward but there are only 3 and they all relate to a nautical theme which i'd have no use for.

View attachment 110088 View attachment 110089 View attachment 110090

View attachment 110091 View attachment 110092 View attachment 110093 View attachment 110094 View attachment 110097 View attachment 110095 View attachment 110096
Similar stats on the "Harrower" that I spawned in Fel Destart TC1 testing baby Tritons..The babies could manage 3 GD's with consume 1/2 way ok. Then after 10-15 GDs an Dragons, the dark hooded little form spawned, named Harrower, followed me around did not attack. Stats were same as The Revenge guy above, had magery and necro. When I decided to attack with the Triton pet, the pet (700 hps, wres 128),
was instantly 1/2 hps, and died in a second or two.
Wow if the put harrower in there, and after you kill it spawns the "True Harrower", then we are talking some sweet changes, esp if the rewards are appropriate and close to what the normal Harrower/True Harrower drops! An you would not have to do ALL the Champs to get these to spawn. But I suspect they may not keep the Harrower there, and they were just testing things.
Interesting to see what they are planning! I suspect there may be a lot of "ninja" content similarly.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Similar stats on the "Harrower" that I spawned in Fel Destart TC1 testing baby Tritons..The babies could manage 3 GD's with consume 1/2 way ok. Then after 10-15 GDs an Dragons, the dark hooded little form spawned, named Harrower, followed me around did not attack. Stats were same as The Revenge guy above, had magery and necro. When I decided to attack with the Triton pet, the pet (700 hps, wres 128),
was instantly 1/2 hps, and died in a second or two.
Wow if the put harrower in there, and after you kill it spawns the "True Harrower", then we are talking some sweet changes, esp if the rewards are appropriate and close to what the normal Harrower/True Harrower drops! An you would not have to do ALL the Champs to get these to spawn. But I suspect they may not keep the Harrower there, and they were just testing things.
Interesting to see what they are planning! I suspect there may be a lot of "ninja" content similarly.
And I went back again later to see if this ?Harrower was still there, and he did not spawn again. I assume he may appear every so often if this is a "steady" content, if at that at all.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That 5,000 STR with 144 Tact is brutal. Wonder what the Base Damage and Damage Type were.

Dat 5,000 INT...
base damage was 40-42 I beleive, 40/60 physical/cold maybe switched... 60/40 phys/cold.. was definitely a one-shot, it hit my pet for roughly 200 ~570 dmg (triple) or so to my beetle 80/65 phys/cold resistances.

only messed with it for a few mins, no idea what mobs were from the actual spawn as the boss was up when I got there.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I was under the impression that this new 'content' is actually a set of tools for EM events, it's not actual game content for players to use outwith EM run events, it's just to make actual EM events easier and quicker. So will EMs now be running more events? Some shards still don't even have an EM at all. It doesn't matter how you dress it up, it's not new content in the normal sense and the rewards will likely be the same EM event type items, there won't be the usual 'rewards' from similar events such as powerscrolls. I'm not sure how the 'treasures' type EM events will be worked.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
base damage was 40-42 I beleive, 40/60 physical/cold maybe switched... 60/40 phys/cold.. was definitely a one-shot, it hit my pet for roughly 200 ~570 dmg (triple) or so to my beetle 80/65 phys/cold resistances.

only messed with it for a few mins, no idea what mobs were from the actual spawn as the boss was up when I got there.
Pretty close, I think the base damage was slightly more (42-47) and the damage type was correct. I'm not sure what the spell was, but I tried to switch over to an archer and just run around doing moving shot and it hit me with something (no spell words showed) from a distance that insta killed me as well. The spawn started as frost spiders and ice snakes and then went to artic ogre lords/frost trolls/ice eles/snow eles. The spawn itself wasn't too bad.

I think @ShriNayne has a good point that the idea was to test the EM tools and that this likely would just be a sort of ad-hoc EM event that would either just be once a week still (or maybe a few more times a week) rather than event type stuff (like the invasion) that would just be there to do whenever you had time. In that case, it makes sense that the "boss" would be impossible to solo. If that's correct then that means there will just be more EM events, where I don't get much more than a handful of death robes. I'd also assume that the rewards for doing the events would fall in line with EM drops and therefore are 100% vanity/decoration which unfortunately also does nothing for me to make me even think about participating / dying half a dozen times.

I hope they decide to "turn on" another old event arc because the EM Tool / Treasures event doesn't seem like it's going to do much for people who aren't into EM drops (purely vanity).

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I went over to the UO forums and it looks like my previous post about drops was correct based on what Kyronix wrote:

1594823201469.png

**EDIT**

Kyronix replied (rather quickly too).

1594828934733.png

It kind of sounds like Champ Spawn will likely be used more for EM type events and drops. It makes sense about the "setup" piece so that they quickly can drop that stuff into TC1 in the case of a global event but that also makes it seem like global events are going to be more like Halloween style events where everything is sort of champ type based versus the recent fellowship event where players would go adventure around (will appeal to some and not others).

All in all, I hope that the reduction in time required to "setup" the global events allows more of them to be run and for more new content to be run. As far as the EM Event type stuff, I'd assume it appeals to those that do EM events (and like to see more of them) but I personally have no interest in the novelty items.

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so this publish there is nothing really new for us as players to use or do, right?

this was just them putting in a new system for EM events and golobal events for the future to make it easier for them and quicker to set up, yes?
that is what i took away from the patch notes.

or is there actually something for us to do that we should be testing on Origin???

and im not seeing the new stuff for the UOstore either, no guild stone or vanity ride, i thought those would be release on Origin for testing, but no?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Appears that way (no new content to play right away from this publish); there is definitely no "global" content in the publish (I believe that will be in the fall as a previous post from Kyronix suggests). That said, I think there could potentially be an EM type event on Origin to try out soon but that would require an EM to be online and running the event which would specific to a certain (and likely small) time window.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
1594838302067.png
this was in June's Newsletter...

i was actually surprised that it hit Origin, Baja, & Izumo already.
I figured they would let us see what the new rewards for the Artisan Festival would look like.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Another update from Kyronix on global type events (treasures version)... looks like the first treasures event will be Halloween. If anyone has a strong desire to have something as a drop (from previous events or brand new) I'd suggest heading over to the forums (Dynamic Champion Spawns Rewards )and dropping a comment on what you would like.

1594843212693.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
nice to ask but pretty much anything decent will be withheld so RMT sites can still profit from them (like Bane Dragons or Dread Horses)
A player who got them Legit has to sell to those sites. Those players are just as guilty.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A player who got them Legit has to sell to those sites. Those players are just as guilty.
It seems like most of the time the sites get them by buying entire accounts which happened to have them sitting in the stables. The prices they pay are so absurdly low for individual items no one informed on the value would seek them out to sell to them unless they were leaving the game and didn't care. They pay like 20% or less of what they sell the same item for. One of my guildies tried to sell a dread to an RMT site and their offer was $10 while they were selling dreads on the same site for $125.

Taxiarch

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Since you seem so wise and know all freaking toons owners can you please tell us which toons that we sell to belong to what RMT site owners?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since you seem so wise and know all freaking toons owners can you please tell us which toons that we sell to belong to what RMT site owners?
Wise enough to know a player tamed the pet and they are not out now.
So the only way a rmt site has then is they got from someone who got them legit.
You have a different theory?

Go to the unleashed forum if want to know who owns what site.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I went over to Origin to see if there was anything available from TC1 and there wasn't (not even the new store items) which I think I saw someone earlier post.

Does anyone know if the EM type events (like the NPC at brit commons) kicking off a story element (Lore books etc) are going to be announced somewhere or do we just assume that they will all start at Brit commons? I'm wondering if it's possible that there is something going on that maybe we missed on Origin.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went over to Origin to see if there was anything available from TC1 and there wasn't (not even the new store items) which I think I saw someone earlier post.

Does anyone know if the EM type events (like the NPC at brit commons) kicking off a story element (Lore books etc) are going to be announced somewhere or do we just assume that they will all start at Brit commons? I'm wondering if it's possible that there is something going on that maybe we missed on Origin.
There is no NPC at Brit commons that starts a quest? There are no new quests in the newspaper?

You wont see the other stuff unless an EM or Dev is there using it.

Taxiarch

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wise enough to know a player tamed the pet and they are not out now.
So the only way a rmt site has then is they got from someone who got them legit.
You have a different theory?

Go to the unleashed forum if want to know who owns what site.
What is this unleashed forum please?can you post an address?Cause as you understand i would like to know to whom i sell to

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's part of this forum just a little bit separate....

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What is this unleashed forum please?can you post an address?Cause as you understand i would like to know to whom i sell to
The Unleashed forum is basically just a sub-forum where the cheaters and their fans all hold hands while bragging about what illegal programs they use, and using "cool" words by circumventing the filter with a dot, Stratics staff included.
So a great place for those who want to learn how to start cheating ingame. All sanctioned by Stratics of course.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Unleashed forum is basically just a sub-forum where the cheaters and their fans all hold hands while bragging about what illegal programs they use, and using "cool" words by circumventing the filter with a dot, Stratics staff included.
So a great place for those who want to learn how to start cheating ingame. All sanctioned by Stratics of course.
This is a patently false statement and should be retracted immediately.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is a patently false statement and should be retracted immediately.
Agree, people can go there and judge for themselves. I find it to be an honest conversation about UO. Of course theres some trolling too.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What's false about it?
I read the forum and play UO with only the CC. Most likely you can not handle the fact that everyone does not share your opinion. So you immediately stereotype the them and resort to name calling. Shows your maturity level.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Tjalle I've posted on unleashed and I never used any 'cheat' programs, I didn't even use UOAssist, also I never used 'cool' words at anyone over there either with or without a 'dot', I try to be polite no matter which forum I'm on. Each to their own...:)

superfrog

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, i suppose one of the "Cheaters and their fans" would know . . .

1595030678436.png

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Tjalle I've posted on unleashed and I never used any 'cheat' programs, I didn't even use UOAssist, also I never used 'cool' words at anyone over there either with or without a 'dot', I try to be polite no matter which forum I'm on. Each to their own...:)
Nowhere did I say that everyone posting there falls under that category. People who got that from my post need to re-read it. Taxiarch asked about the forum, not the posters, and that is what I answered.
I'm sure there are people who don't do those things posting there as well.

And don't worry, ShriNayne. You're not one of the posters I was referring to. ;)

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I read the forum and play UO with only the CC. Most likely you can not handle the fact that everyone does not share your opinion. So you immediately stereotype the them and resort to name calling. Shows your maturity level.
And you seem to be one of the people who need to re-read the post.
And when you've done that and understood what I actually said then you can come back and tell me what's false about it.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And you seem to be one of the people who need to re-read the post.
And when you've done that and understood what I actually said then you can come back and tell me what's false about it.
The false part is that you picked one of the smallest parts of the conversations to describe the forum. There’s what, one or two threads about illegal programs? Out of the probably 40ish total threads. The swearing thing, yeah that’s accurate, but it’s just a “because we can now” thing which most got bored of in less than a week and stopped doing on purpose.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its pretty easy to read. You classify every person there as cheaters or fans and they all brag about the illegal programs they use.

Maybe you should read what you write.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
That is the most perverted view of that forum ever imagined! If you go there, its mostly for adults, and they will refuse to change your diapers for you. When you finish grade school, maybe you can see things a better way. The purpose of that forum is free speech, and also to expose corruption in the game. If adult language and jokes bother you so much, then un-subscribe that forum, stop lurking there, and just don't go there. You have completely missed the entire point of the forum.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My take is that the main point of the Unleashed forum is the "uncensored" part where sensitive people can't report someone just because they don't what someone wrote. Basically it's for times threads are going where this thread is going and would allow me to direct "don't be a snowflake" at a person without having it removed and me receive a warning if that person reported it. The mods here stick to a pretty straight line (out of unleashed) where you generally can't say anything negative about anyone... it's like the trammel of UO Stratics while Unleashed is like Felucca :)