NEWS [UO.Com] Letter from the Producer

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2009
From the Devs
2013 Jan 18 19:36 GMT
Greetings Everyone,

It’s been a while since I sat down and wrote to everyone so bare with me. In this letter I will be telling you about some issues that we are going to be addressing and what is in the next Publish. But before I do that I want to address all the “extended maintenance” we have been going thru. As I am sure some of you might have already noticed we are moving off the old servers onto the Cloud. With a game as old as UO it has been challenging but we are working hard to iron out the kinks. Both the East Coast and West Coast servers have been moved in addition to Europa, Oceania, and Drachenfels.

Current Issues
  • Please be cautious of buying spellbooks from vendors that might look like this xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDemon Slayer. It is not a valid Demon Slayer book and has just been engraved to appear this way. We are fixing this so all engraved text is hued in some fashion in the next publish.
  • Please do not try to resize your house immediately after placement. There is a known issue that you will not be able to please wait till the next maintenance cycle to attempt to resize. We have not worked out all the details that cause this so any additional information would be helpful.
  • Please know that fighting your pets to drop pools of blood to block house placement is being viewed as a griefing tactic. If a GM is called he will warn you, if you do not stop you will be removed from the area. This will be fixed in the next publish.

Now for the exciting news!

Next Publish
  • Revamping Weapon System – Reviewed and adjusted all weapon damage based on weapon speed, as well as updated various special moves.
  • Revamping Armor System – Made all armor types useful again.
  • Introducing a new Housing Theme Pack which will consist of:
    • New couches, chairs, tables, beds, lots and lots of lamps, pictures, and tapestries. (46 new pieces of art total)
    • Advanced Tinkering – This will allows players to create new gadgets, one example is being able to create a light switch for your house to turn off and on your lamps
    • Changing the Co Owner status from 10 co-owners to 10 accounts as co-owners on one house (70 players)
  • You will no longer be able to place duped items on vendors.
  • New Player Council and City Voting system – Players with city loyalty will be able to run for the Ambassador for the appropriate city. This will allow them to enhance role play and manage activities in and around their cities. And new Ambassador titles.
  • New Instruments – 3 new Bells, Cello, and Trumpet
  • New Aquarium art – New sponges and Coral types
  • We are looking into the possibility of allowing players to have a house on Siege and on Production.
  • Continuing to work on High Res art..currently working on all the wall pieces. These will not be released till all pieces of a house are finished due to the fact they look horrible together with old and new. We still have many wall sets to update including doors, signs, and the roof before any high res art will be released. Please understand its taking us 3 weeks from start to finish to get each wall set type in the game. So yes this is slow going but we are going to finish it *grins* Remember now there are 45 wall sets total and we have totally completed 7. Below is a sneak peak of what you can expect to see in the future.
  • Adding additional turn in items such as bones, jack o lanterns, harpsichord rolls for turn in points
  • Adding 2 new dyes to the turn in reward system
We will be working on a new Global Arc for the future (of course it will not run for 8 months) but we hope you will enjoy the evilness of it anyways *grins*

Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
Producer UO

Continue reading...

Leather Lucy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 30, 2004
UK
Love the light switch idea heh. Bet there's gonna be a lot of people shocked when they find out they own dupes they didn't realise they had as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhiannon

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
May 28, 2004
Lake George, New York, USA
www.ultimabroker.com
[ You will no longer be able to place duped items on vendors. ]

I've been talking about this with a lot of friends, and we all agree. Suddenly after this publish, most of us won't be able to find transfer tokens, conjurer trinkets, ornament of the magician, 120 Legendary Magery Scroll, so on and so forth on vendors to buy from. Where will players go to find these commonly duped items?

:gun: THE DUPER WEBSITES OF COURSE :loser:

Does UO really want to generate business for them? I applaud UO for coming up with this strategy, and I support it whole heartily. However if the UO Staff Developers can identify a dupe so it cannot be placed on a vendor, could they not perhaps maybe place [Duped] tag onto all of the duped items in the same way they now have [replica] In addition to deleting dupes that say there are 100s of like transfer tokens. I honestly don't know if any of this is possible.

I loved this letter, I only wish there could have been a mention about the potential for a vendor search feature just so I know its "in the works".

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard
oh dear, 3 weeks per wall set and 7 done over 45... 45 - 7 = 38 * 3 weeks = 114 / 4 = 28 months and half = about 2,5 yers :bdh:
and that's just for the walls, if they wanna do also the items after that, it will be time to restart again because the current high res is became low res... unless they hope the current player's age is going higher so with a bad blurry sight everyone will have a free antialiasing and all became high res :lol:

jokes apart, I wonder if the devs are regretting the choice of using 2d instead of 3d where by drawing 1 wall you have all the directions and you can resize it to change shape :D

anyways I hope the weapon changes also include something good about the polearms :)

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2002
New Jersey
Always glad to hear from the Devs, especially when there is so much potential in the next publish.

• Revamping Weapon System – Reviewed and adjusted all weapon damage based on weapon speed, as well as updated various special moves.
  • We are looking into the possibility of allowing players to have a house on Siege and on Production.
  • Continuing to work on High Res art..currently working on all the wall pieces. These will not be released till all pieces of a house are finished due to the fact they look horrible together with old and new. We still have many wall sets to update including doors, signs, and the roof before any high res art will be released. Please understand its taking us 3 weeks from start to finish to get each wall set type in the game. So yes this is slow going but we are going to finish it *grins* Remember now there are 45 wall sets total and we have totally completed 7. Below is a sneak peak of what you can expect to see in the future.
The weapon and armor system revamps could have a huge impact on the game, so my only concern is that you/we take as much time as needed to really get it right, a little love for siege is always appreciated, and keep up the great work on the high res artwork (maybe hire some more artists :D) , as an EC player myself it is greatly appreciated. The 2 dyes is just an added bonus as far as I'm concerned... I also think Nails made a great point in his post, so no need for me to jump on that issue at the moment. Thank you for the update, it is comforting to hear from you again, please just take your time with the goals you have set for the next publish.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard
Always glad to hear from the Devs, especially when there is so much potential in the next publish.

The weapon and armor system revamps could have a huge impact on the game, so my only concern is that you/we take as much time as needed to really get it right, a little love for siege is always appreciated, and keep up the great work on the high res artwork, as an EC player myself it is greatly appreciated. The 2 dyes is just an added bonus as far as I'm concerned... I also think Nails made a great point in his post, so no need for me to jump on that issue at the moment. Thank you for the update, it is comforting to hear from you again, please just take your time with the goals you have set for the next publish.

I think the best way to be sure it works is to everyone test it a LOT in TC :D

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Should we be worried that existing weapons / armors will be changed to the new systems?

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Oct 23, 2011
Perhaps on a steak, or a cheeseburger
If they can identify duped items in that manner, and it's been going on this long..... You can still move it in general chat if you're determined to make money by ill gotten means. Is this a first step towards resolution? If this is a first step don't you think this is about 1X years overdue?

Why not make items that duped untradeable? Why not completely delete them off the server? Sure there's going to be people like WHERE DID MY *insert anything from Conjurer's Garbs to lots of europa gold cloth stuff* go.. Somebody will be swearing up and down they had a chest full of xfer tokens go missing in their house that bought them from another player. It's wildness. There is no reason to believe keeping duped items off vendors -by itself- will in any way shape or form inhibit a general chat spammer from selling duped items. I commend that something is being done, but good lord. Do something that makes sense.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2002
New Jersey
I wholeheartedly agree that extensive testing will be required, so I hope we get a very large window on test center, and then again on Origins following test center. With such potential to change the game I certainly respect the choice by Messana and the Devs to try and tackle these issues. If done correctly, it could be very good for the game. Granted some people never like change, there will be those that disagree.

Sabbles

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Jan 11, 2013
Advanced Tinkering – This will allows players to create new gadgets, one example is being able to create a light switch for your house to turn off and on your lamps
A good time for Nayu the Golem master of Europa too return ^^

Thaaaaankyou!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
May 21, 2008
Colorado
I look forward to reading the details of the new weapons and armor tweaks. When will the publish notes be released?

Reactions: Coldren

Ender76

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
If they can identify duped items in that manner, and it's been going on this long..... You can still move it in general chat if you're determined to make money by ill gotten means. Is this a first step towards resolution? If this is a first step don't you think this is about 1X years overdue?

Why not make items that duped untradeable? Why not completely delete them off the server? Sure there's going to be people like WHERE DID MY *insert anything from Conjurer's Garbs to lots of europa gold cloth stuff* go.. Somebody will be swearing up and down they had a chest full of xfer tokens go missing in their house that bought them from another player. It's wildness. There is no reason to believe keeping duped items off vendors -by itself- will in any way shape or form inhibit a general chat spammer from selling duped items. I commend that something is being done, but good lord. Do something that makes sense.
They should have used this information to figure out who is/has been duping and ban these accounts. Making the duped items unsellable is silly. Deleting dupes after having them in circulation for years would be even worse.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jan 2, 2010

I've been talking about this with a lot of friends, and we all agree. Suddenly after this publish, most of us won't be able to find transfer tokens, conjurer trinkets, ornament of the magician, 120 Legendary Magery Scroll, so on and so forth on vendors to buy from. Where will players go to find these commonly duped items?

Does UO really want to generate business for them? I applaud UO for coming up with this strategy, and I support it whole heartily. However if the UO Staff Developers can identify a dupe so it cannot be placed on a vendor, could they not perhaps maybe place [Duped] tag onto all of the duped items in the same way they now have [replica] In addition to deleting dupes that say there are 100s of like transfer tokens. I honestly don't know if any of this is possible.

I loved this letter, I only wish there could have been a mention about the potential for a vendor search feature just so I know its "in the works".

God I hope she reads this. The fact that no fix is being made from stopping the dozens of websites who do not use vendors to sell their duped wares bothers me plenty.

And frankly it kind of scares me. Either A) They have no idea how duping is happening but dozens of people do. Or B) It is related to the transfer tokens and they don't want to lose the cash generated there so they simply allow it.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Oct 23, 2011
They should have used this information to figure out who is/has been duping and ban these accounts. Making the duped items unsellable is silly. Deleting dupes after having them in circulation for years would be even worse.
If a person has discovered how to dupe, I don't believe they're doing on accounts that will matter to them to loose. One could say IP ban them, to which a reasonably knowledgeable individual will use a proxy to avoid that.. then there's banning by some random ID number in someone's computer, to which any Joe Jeff or Harry will find some way of spoofing that. The situation is nasty; and was lol'd and ignored by these devs for years too many.

That they even are trying to address it so brazenly ("You will no longer be able to place duped items on vendors") seems like they knew it was there, and maybe before the advent of general chat some years back this would have totally owned a duper's schemes. Maybe not because towns were actually bustling with people looking for hot deals on 7x7's and White Wyrms. Not just watching journal fulls of general chat vomit from people smash talkin on eachother all day until they happen to spot somebody trying to sell whatever is they are looking for. I should be happy they are doing something at least. I'm just astonished.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 11, 2004
Chesapeake

Being able to block duped items is kind of huge. Take it step by step, and consider ideas to FIX the systems which encourage duping (IE 120 Mage drops: are they too rare or just right).

Why not make items that duped untradeable? Why not completely delete them off the server?
Dupes have been going on for literally forever. There was a period of time way back when in which any orny, for example, was probably duped. Honest people would lose a LOT of items if they got rid of dupes completely.

I look forward to reading the details of the new weapons and armor tweaks. When will the publish notes be released?
Likewise, will be an interesting TC.

Agree. Maybe they hope some of the dupers will change their ways now that they can't put dupes on a vendor. But what I'm worried about is now that everyone will have a way to find out if their items are duped, does that mean honest people will be banned for holding on to their now identifiable illegitimate purchases? lol that's the problem with bringing the hammer down too quickly, you might crush consumers that had no idea.

Last edited:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 11, 2004
Chesapeake
Maybe to expand on the debate regarding 120 magery I'd acknowledge both that it's designed to be controlled by the playerbase (PVP) and that the only way to obtain a 120 magery is through a random drop from one of the Fel champ spawns. There is only one way to get 120 magery scrolls, and that's the only way to get to 120 magery. Something like the ornament of the magician, however, can be substituted for other items. There is still only one way to get an orny, but if you want to add 2 FC/3 FCR, 20 LRC, 10 LMC, and 15 energy resist to your suit you can use other items to get there (especially post-imbuing, after which most people wanted 15 DCI on their bracelet rather than 15 energy resist and 20 LRC).

I would argue for keeping 120 magery controlled by the playerbase because the thrill of getting a 120 mage scroll is a big part of UO to me. Sometimes you can luck out and get two 120 mage drops within three spawns. The question, obviously, is whether skill caps should only be set by those who want to PvP. The main problem in my opinion isn't the price set by those who acquire the scrolls, it's the lack of supply (especially on small shards that might not even sell one). Then you have to look at the incentives of doing it yourself, I suppose; one would think insurance would encourage people to spawn on their own. After all, it isn't too hard to solo a vermin horde spawn, so at current, the task of obtaining your own 120 magery scroll isn't any more time consuming than the task of obtaining a lavaliere or a slither.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Pretty much love everything except the time it's going to take to get the art. 2 1/2 years is a really long time... and that's just housing tiles....

Time to dust off my tinker and halt production on my current suits.

And I think it's a good thing if they revamp suits...... wearing the same suit for 3 years without a change is boring....don't care how much I paid to make it.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
May 12, 2008
Europa/Siege Perilous
However if the UO Staff Developers can identify a dupe so it cannot be placed on a vendor, could they not perhaps maybe place [Duped] tag onto all of the duped items in the same way they now have [replica] In addition to deleting dupes that say there are 100s of like transfer tokens. I honestly don't know if any of this is possible.
I was thinking too that if the game can identify a duped item, can´t it be coded to just delete the item once identified? And not just code it so it can only be identified if put on a vendor but really code it so the game (maybe after each maintenance) actively searches for duped items.

Sure, me and a lot of other players would run the risk of losing items that we bought but in the long run that would be a small price to pay if it eventually meant the death of duping.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
May 12, 2008
Europa/Siege Perilous
Oh, and thanks for the letter, Mesanna!

Looking forward to armor and weapon changes. :)

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 15, 2008

I hope people are ready to pay out the nose for crimmy's,orny's and anything that isn't that easy to get. prices will double/triple very fast causing the casual player to really be SOL. Were talking about 15 years of duped items not being allowed on vendors, wonder how many items that is?

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 8, 2008
nc
First, Woohoo! its harder to make money duping!

Second, the common player is now going to have no way to know if they just bought a duped item until they put it on one of their vendors to resell it. I only sell things I get in game myself so its not a problem for me, but I can see it being a problem. There is no way for one of us to ever know if the item is duped before we buy it.

Third, won't the dupers just sell the duped item, then sell another one over and over.

I'm very happy they have put pretty much anything in place to try and stop this. I hope it works.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 1, 2008
do we know for certain they are referring to any and all Dupes they can detect, or do they mean any items which may have gotten duped by the atl revert that havent been fixed yet?

If its all dupes they can detect then yes, they need to make them all no trade/no sell and tag them. Deleting them could screw over alot of players that had no idea it was a duped item.
Items like true rares/server rares one of a kind rares that are known as duped and known to only have so many in existence should be deleted or at least changed into another item like a oil cloth or somethin jokey like that.

Reactions: G.v.P

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 30, 2010
CT
one more thing- if they can tell which items are dupes, I wish they would just delete them.

just sayin.
That a good idea..but what about if you log in and your trinket/garb and a bunch if other stud is missing because you were subject to buying a duped item..that's no bueno

Reactions: Lord Frodo

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2003
Eastern USA
I'm adding my vote for the [Duped] tag. That is a great idea. This will give people the opportunity to decline to purchase an item they know is duped(for whatever cockamamie reason) by clearly identifying it. If someone wishes to sell a duped item then so be it but at least the tag would stop many from buying those items and act as a semi-effective deterrent.

Reactions: Sauteed Onion

Njjj

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 21, 2011
I'm thinking maybe the dupe thing is the first step of a process, maybe ending in a no trade or something similar. Kind of gives a grace period where people who are trading in this stuff, but not duping, can check on their sources, see what they've been buying, and decide if they want to risk being a victim of the next step.

I would not like to see these items deleted. I think it hurts the honest players more than the dupers. I think no trade tag would be just as effective at stopping future duping.
I like the sound of this publish. Thanks devs. Maybe we can organize some player run events on tc to bring players in.

Lady Silverbrook

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
I'm wondering why in the past one and a half to two years (iirc) since updated hi res art was announced they have only tackled 7 wall sets.

Reactions: G.v.P

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
That a good idea..but what about if you log in and your trinket/garb and a bunch if other stud is missing because you were subject to buying a duped item..that's no bueno
Even if I logged on and lost almost everything I had because it was duped and deleted, while I'd be mad at first, I'd get over it because I know it was the right thing to do.

Things I stay upset over are like the way the Atlantic revert was handled and we were blown off. I am still pissed about that.

Deleting my stuff because it was duped in a shard wipe of dupes, I support 100%, even if were to lose everything.

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Nov 11, 2010
Michigan
I'm adding my vote for the [Duped] tag. That is a great idea. This will give people the opportunity to decline to purchase an item they know is duped(for whatever cockamamie reason) by clearly identifying it. If someone wishes to sell a duped item then so be it but at least the tag would stop many from buying those items and act as a semi-effective deterrent.
How would that stop anything? I can already see old Jim Tom over there with [Duped} crap all over his paperdoll. What, you think someone would be to ashamed to buy them or wear them? Why would anyone decline to buy them when there would be no penalty other than a [Duped} tag in your paperdoll.

I know I wouldn`t be able to show my face in Luna if I was wearing anything with a [Duped] tag, lol..... sorry thats just funny :p

There should just be a world wide sweep of duped items and delete them all. Don`t care who it screws. If the game can recognize a duped item when trying to put it on a vendor,there should be a way for it to recognize them and insta delete upon server up after maintenance or something......

I for one would take a day off of UO to just watch Uhall explode with the tears of the innocent.

Last edited:

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 7, 2003
Bottom of a Well...
From the Devs

Next Publish
  • New Aquarium art – New sponges and Coral types
We will be working on a new Global Arc for the future (of course it will not run for 8 months) but we hope you will enjoy the evilness of it anyways *grins*

Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
Producer UO

Continue reading...

Nice :) Very Nice!

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 15, 2008
Even if I logged on and lost almost everything I had because it was duped and deleted, while I'd be mad at first, I'd get over it because I know it was the right thing to do.

Things I stay upset over are like the way the Atlantic revert was handled and we were blown off. I am still pissed about that.

Deleting my stuff because it was duped in a shard wipe of dupes, I support 100%, even if were to lose everything.
Something you bought and have had for 10+ years gets deleted? I don't know about you but that would be the last straw

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 7, 2008
From the Devs
2013 Jan 18 19:36 GMT

[*]You will no longer be able to place duped items on vendors.
Mesanna, how hard would it be to code it to include the trade window as well. If you have decided not to remove the dupes from the game, please make it that much harder to sell them. If it can not be done, then the vendor is a good first step.

Thank you for the update, and for taking such steps, gives me hope.

Reactions: Dregg

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
Something you bought and have had for 10+ years gets deleted? I don't know about you but that would be the last straw
I guess if it was an item I absolutely couldn't play without...although I'm not sure there would ever be any such item, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sauteed Onion

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Oct 23, 2011
Mesanna, how hard would it be to code it to include the trade window as well. If you have decided not to remove the dupes from the game, please make it that much harder to sell them. If it can not be done, then the vendor is a good first step.

Thank you for the update, and for taking such steps, gives me hope.
Imo, they should code it to where duped items cannot come off the person at all. If it's in your backpack, it stays there til you page a gm and they move it. If it's equippable you can equip it or put it in your back pack. When a gm shows up after being paged, (they gotta be Johnny on the Spot with this), he should be instructed to ask basic questions like "where'd the item(s) come from.. why do you have 61 character transfer tokens in your backpack that you can't trade or drop". LOL, what the hell am I thinking, this is EA we're talking about.

Reactions: Tanivar

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2008
I wish you could elaborate on the armor/weap damage/specials changes before anyone goes and makes suits or anything like that..

Last edited:

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 7, 2012
I like the idea of revamping armor and weapon system. I hope the new revamp will produce more obvious difference between the pure warrior char & mage char, in terms of armor defense, and the ability to stay alive when pure warrior fight with boss type monsters. The pure warrior should have some chance to stay alive when facing Exodus.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 17, 2007
Cannot wait!!!
  • Introducing a new Housing Theme Pack which will consist of:
  • New couches, chairs, tables, beds, lots and lots of lamps, pictures, and tapestries. (46 new pieces of art total)
  • Advanced Tinkering – This will allows players to create new gadgets, one example is being able to create a light switch for your house to turn off and on your lamps
  • Changing the Co Owner status from 10 co-owners to 10 accounts as co-owners on one house (70 players)

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 20, 2008

What happens to the dupes that are currently on a vendor?

I think if some folks can't put items on a vendor they'd just throw the item away. So.....
What will happen to the throw away point value of duped items?

*wonders how many dupes I've picked up from IDOC's*

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 17, 2007
  • You will no longer be able to place duped items on vendors.
I can't see this stopping the dupers to be honest. Surely they will just switch to duping more consumable type items that vanish once used. Power scrolls, tokens etc. People sell these via general chat all the time. Most players won't mind if its duped as long as its cheaper then a proper one, as once it's been used its destroyed. If they were able to stop players using duped powerscolls and tokens, this would be a much more effective way to cut down on the dupers marketplace.

Last edited: