• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Forgotten Treasures coming to Origin, Izumo, and Baja

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6/10/2019 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the Origin, Izumo, and Baja release of Forgotten Treasures will be available following each shard’s normally scheduled maintenance beginning June 11, 2019! Forgotten Treasures is the second in our High Seas themed content updates for the year and we are excited to bring a fresh perspective to Treasure Hunting and Cleanup Britannia. This next installment of Forgotten Treasures brings new mechanics to Treasure Hunting as well as new decorative items, equipment, and more! Please be sure to check out the publish notes for the latest updates, and participate on the UO Forum in […]

Continue reading...

Turkish

Journeyman
Does anyone know what the 'mysterious fragment' is all about? It was loot in my first chest of the new update (ranger's hoard).

I've also learned that summons may not work so well on the new guardians. I'm pretty sure my RC wiped us all out, lol.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know what the 'mysterious fragment' is all about? It was loot in my first chest of the new update (ranger's hoard).

I've also learned that summons may not work so well on the new guardians. I'm pretty sure my RC wiped us all out, lol.
The fragments are mentioned in the town cryer news, but nothing that is very helpful except that they might be valuable.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many uses are on the new RT training boxes? @100k each I hope it's a lot. I'm not sure why the devs think that the majority of the player base has 100's of millions or billions but I know I sure don't.

Turkish

Journeyman
How many uses are on the new RT training boxes? @100k each I hope it's a lot. I'm not sure why the devs think that the majority of the player base has 100's of millions or billions but I know I sure don't.
I bought one of each and messed around training RT. I purchased the skill up to 30, then tried each of the traps several times but only actually completed one of them once to gain .1. I decided to give it a shot on a treasure chest anyway and gained 5.1 points on a single chest. So I may just go the route of training while t-hunting.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was no usage information on them on TC, but I didn't think to look at the one I quickly bought this morning on Origin. I'm thinking they are unlimited uses, Zeke.

I think that if you are going to use them, the circuit trap or maybe the cylinder trap (because of hints) is probably the quickest to use initially. The size of the puzzle grows as your RT skill grows, so at some point you may get through slider puzzles quicker than either of the other ones.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New news:
View attachment 98802 View attachment 98803

The new Fellowship Hall...
View attachment 98801

Don't sell that trade cargo yet!
@Tina Small

The Leader of the Pirates' Guild in Buc's Den is dead (which it would mean that the Black Market has shut down for Rewards business) ??

This contradicts, to my underestanding, with what @Kyronix said here Rising Tide End Date & Final Rewards? "You'll be able to collect cargo & destroy plunderbeacons at least through the next publish...." and that on Origin, AFTER downloading the patch, I found the Pirate in Buc's Den alive and the Black Market open for Business....

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tina Small

The Leader of the Pirates' Guild in Buc's Den is dead (which it would mean that the Black Market has shut down for Rewards business) ??

This contradicts, to my underestanding, with what @Kyronix said here Rising Tide End Date & Final Rewards? "You'll be able to collect cargo & destroy plunderbeacons at least through the next publish...." and that on Origin, AFTER downloading the patch, I found the Pirate in Buc's Den alive and the Black Market open for Business....

I have no idea, popps. I have been so focused on testing that I haven't bothered hunting plunder beacons in maybe a month or turned in cargo either. I kind of gave up on that event after reading that the tritons weren't that good or you had to get a bazillion of them to get one that was any good. It seemed to have turned into just another semi-pointless grind. Go ask Kyronix on the official forum.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a picture of a mysterious fragment (the red blob) It reminds me of the pieces for making an obsidian statue. Will have to get more and see if they click together to make something.
mysterious fragment.jpg

EDITED TO ADD:
When you click on it, you just get more information. I have two now and couldn't get them to stack or click together in any way.
more about the mysterious fragment.jpg

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In case you're wondering about the loot on Origin, it doesn't seem any better than it was before the publish, but then again my treasure hunter doesn't have an awesome luck suit either and probably never will. It also seems like the monsters spawn pretty continuously after you get the chest opened, so beware and be prepared to kill a lot of stuff.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
100k is not very difficult to farm at all. Maybe 30-45 minutes.

Forge002

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just out of interest how do we go about managing the increased amounts of gold, as the increase in amounts also makes it all so damn heavy, especially in the higher tier maps?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just out of interest how do we go about managing the increased amounts of gold, as the increase in amounts also makes it all so damn heavy, especially in the higher tier maps?
The loot quantity has decreased significantly. Also, the gold comes in piles of 20k, so it's easy to just drop a pile on the ground if you have too, or even the entire bag of gold and gems.

When you see how little else is in the chests, you'll be glad the gold has been increased. You'll have more gold to buy things from the scripters now.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make good use of a Bag of Sending ?

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
100k isn't hard to farm, but if it takes 40-50 kits to train the skill then it becomes costly and a grind.
If one cannot train it with the boxes due to any cost constraints, there is always the old way (I just trained to GM RT as of a couple weeks ago). There is also the path of doing the chests.

I won't get into the grindy aspect; yes, it is very grindy but grindy is part and parcel of UO.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're holding onto flowers from the carts to throw away for cleanup points, might as well pitch them now. I just threw away a bag on Origin and the only ones that were worth cleanup points were the ones I just collected this morning. All the older ones were worthless.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you're holding onto flowers from the carts to throw away for cleanup points, might as well pitch them now. I just threw away a bag on Origin and the only ones that were worth cleanup points were the ones I just collected this morning. All the older ones were worthless.
What about the value of T Maps and any other things you notice for clean up points. Thanks

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about the value of T Maps and any other things you notice for clean up points. Thanks
Haven't had time to check on anything else yet. I just noticed on the plants because I was trying to make more room in the house!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Tina Small

k, first off you need to actually TURN in crates to him and have points before you can get the items.
so go kill a bunch of stuff and get some crates and turn them in, the stuff is still there for you to get.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I bought the skill from Thief Guildmaster in East Britain (you can also get from Tinker), and the traps can be bought from the 'collector of oddities' in Moonglow.
best place to find the Thief Guildmaster is in Cove either tram or fel side.
Cove being the smallest city in game has all the guildmasters and in a super small area.
so instead of running around looking for a Thief Guildmaster for half an hour just go to Cove, 99% of the time he is between the mint and the gate.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe popps needs to look up words before making judgments, do you even know what "at least" even means.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Tina Small

Hook is the leader of the pirate guild, not Carroll. So the leader is dead but the NPC handing out rewards is still around for the time being. There is no contradiction.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe popps needs to look up words before making judgments, do you even know what "at least" even means.
To my understanding, "at least" means AT THE VERY MINIMUM..... hinting, that it can possibly go well BEYOND "the next Publish".....

Which it makes me understand, that the Black Market should be nowhere near being closed.... the Forsaken Foes Publish is expected in September 2019, that I understand...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To my understanding, "at least" means AT THE VERY MINIMUM..... hinting, that it can possibly go well BEYOND "the next Publish".....

Which it makes me understand, that the Black Market should be nowhere near being closed.... the Forsaken Foes Publish is expected in September 2019, that I understand...
Wrote this for you on the other Forum also:

The Maritime Black Market Merchant is "Random Name" The Pirate.

He is not the leader of the Pirates guild!!

Log into the game and look around before you speculate! The dead Guild Leader is the beginning of the next event!

Stop making up rumors!

Just took a guy to Baja. The Pirate Merchant is still there. Do a little research.

Told you last week the Merchant will be there until the NEXT publish. That is September!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I need to get more cargo. What does it mean to be in the Fellowship?

How many levels and how many cargo points to get the highest level?

Are the mysterious fragments common and in low level chests?

Now I have to drag out my T Hunter.
I did 5 supply chests and 1 stash chest this morning on Origin. The fragments were in the first 2 supply chests. I didn't get any in the next 5 chests. Must have used up my luck quote for the year.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I need to get more cargo. What does it mean to be in the Fellowship?

How many levels and how many cargo points to get the highest level?

Are the mysterious fragments common and in low level chests?

Now I have to drag out my T Hunter.
I threw an Exalted chest into the Fellowship Donation Box on Origin. All I saw was a thank you message (see screenshot). I've tried clicking on the npc, the box, the icon, the tome, and the trade cargo box at the back and nothing has a context menu. So if there are levels or an end goal for this, I can't find such information. Maybe someone else has it figured out. Is the 513K for the donation the same you would add to the city treasury for donating the box to destination city?
fellowship donation box.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, Exaulted to correct city is that value. That's good.

Are these Fellowship Halls in each city? Keep going until you are a member. Keep track of points.

:) Thanks

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, Exaulted to correct city is that value. That's good.

Are these Fellowship Halls in each city? Keep going until you are a member. Keep track of points.

:) Thanks
I think there is just the one in east Britain.

I just threw in 4 grandmaster trade cargo (valued between 106k and 181k), 5 exalted trade cargo (valued between 513k and 563k), 6 legendary trade cargo (valued between 1004k and 1079k) and 5 mythical trade cargo (valued between 10,005k and 10,091k). The last message I got said I have donated 59,728,000 worth of goods. No other messages. No way to find out what the heck that means in terms of becoming a member of the fellowship.

I still don't have any tritons on Origin, so this may have been a mistake.

donations at fellowship hall on origin.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think there is just the one in east Britain.

I just threw in 4 grandmaster trade cargo (valued between 106k and 181k), 5 exalted trade cargo (valued between 513k and 563k), 6 legendary trade cargo (valued between 1004k and 1079k) and 5 mythical trade cargo (valued between 10,005k and 10,091k). The last message I got said I have donated 59,728,000 worth of goods. No other messages. No way to find out what the heck that means in terms of becoming a member of the fellowship.

I still don't have any tritons on Origin, so this may have been a mistake.

View attachment 98847
@Khaelor or @Khyro May have a spare Triton on Origin, unless they do their testing on Baja only.

Thanks, Still have a while to get cargo on Origin.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Then what the hell are you whining like a little baby for

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then what the hell are you whining like a little baby for
Whining ?

Just trying to UNDERSTAND....

I do not see WHY informations would need to be "cryptical"....

Will the Black Market be open for Business until August 31st ? September 10th ? Whatever date ?

Then, is my point, SAY that date with an ample forewarning to players (like a few weeks ? A month ?) and have everyone know precisely until when the Black Market will be open for Business so as to organize their time in UO better....

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Whining ?

Just trying to UNDERSTAND....

I do not see WHY informations would need to be "cryptical"....

Will the Black Market be open for Business until August 31st ? September 10th ? Whatever date ?

Then, is my point, SAY that date with an ample forewarning to players (like a few weeks ? A month ?) and have everyone know precisely until when the Black Market will be open for Business so as to organize their time in UO better....
Why does it matter to have an exact date? You have all of June/July and likely August. Are you planning on waiting until the last day before the next publish to start doing the arc? Just do the content over the next few months until you can't anymore if you are interested in the content. If you aren't interested in the content then I'm not sure why it matters.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The guy is probably still there because the publish isn't worldwide yet... have you all thought of that? It's quite possible that when it goes worldwide then the guy will be gone... but we can't know that for sure.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The guy is probably still there because the publish isn't worldwide yet... have you all thought of that? It's quite possible that when it goes worldwide then the guy will be gone... but we can't know that for sure.
The black market merchant guy is still in Buc's Den on Origin, accepting trade cargo and selling stuff. This is what he's selling there:

• 10,000 doubloons - A deed for a reward title (Powder Monkey)
  • 15,000 doubloons - Wood Carving of [ship's name]
  • 15,000 doubloons - A deed for a reward title (Botswain)
  • 20,000 doubloons - A deed for a reward title (Sailing Master)
  • 25,000 doubloons - Blunder Cannon
  • 25,000 doubloons - A deed for a reward title (Quartermaster)
  • 35,000 doubloons - Mysterious Statue
  • 45,000 doubloons - Pirate Wall Map
  • 100,000 doubloons - Shoulder Parrot
  • 120,000 doubloons - Decorative Dragon Cannon
  • 140,000 doubloons - Triton
  • 180,000 doubloons - Spiked Whip of Plundering
  • 180,000 doubloons - Bladed Whip of Plundering
  • 180,000 doubloons - Barbed Whip of Plundering

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The black market merchant guy is still in Buc's Den on Origin, accepting trade cargo and selling stuff. This is what he's selling there:

• 10,000 doubloons - A deed for a reward title (Powder Monkey)
  • 15,000 doubloons - Wood Carving of [ship's name]
  • 15,000 doubloons - A deed for a reward title (Botswain)
  • 20,000 doubloons - A deed for a reward title (Sailing Master)
  • 25,000 doubloons - Blunder Cannon
  • 25,000 doubloons - A deed for a reward title (Quartermaster)
  • 35,000 doubloons - Mysterious Statue
  • 45,000 doubloons - Pirate Wall Map
  • 100,000 doubloons - Shoulder Parrot
  • 120,000 doubloons - Decorative Dragon Cannon
  • 140,000 doubloons - Triton
  • 180,000 doubloons - Spiked Whip of Plundering
  • 180,000 doubloons - Bladed Whip of Plundering
  • 180,000 doubloons - Barbed Whip of Plundering
It's already been said how awful the whips are in the black market but seeing it in a list like that and seeing that it is the most expensive item and arguably the most worthless item in that list really is mind boggling. Certainly something that makes you go hmmmmm.... but then again this is just:bdh:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just an FYI, on Izumo, as of 30 minutes ago, my lvl 6 T-Maps in my bank, were STILL lvl 6 T-Maps. Shouldn't they have "converted" to the "new" maps?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an FYI, on Izumo, as of 30 minutes ago, my lvl 6 T-Maps in my bank, were STILL lvl 6 T-Maps. Shouldn't they have "converted" to the "new" maps?
My tamer has an unconverted map in her backpack on Izumo. The Collector of Oddities NPC at the Lyceum on Izumo isn't selling the remove trap training puzzles either. There's no Fellowship Hall yet in East Britain nor news about it on the town cryer. Looks like maybe they didn't get the publish yet. Maybe they'll get it in a few hours when they have shard maintenance?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My tamer has an unconverted map in her backpack on Izumo. The Collector of Oddities NPC at the Lyceum on Izumo isn't selling the remove trap training puzzles either. There's no Fellowship Hall yet in East Britain nor news about it on the town cryer. Looks like maybe they didn't get the publish yet. Maybe they'll get it in a few hours when they have shard maintenance?
Could be

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why does it matter to have an exact date? You have all of June/July and likely August. Are you planning on waiting until the last day before the next publish to start doing the arc? Just do the content over the next few months until you can't anymore if you are interested in the content. If you aren't interested in the content then I'm not sure why it matters.
Because it is popps and popps needs exact numbers or he has zero clue what to do.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's something which I am much worried about....

And if that happened, quite a few players might remain royally upset for not having turned in their Maritime Trade Cargo into Doubloons OR used their already earned Doubloons to claim Rewards....

That would be a NET loss of all their time invested in gameplay and only because there was no ample forewarning about such shut down of the Black Market ?

May I ask what good would it do to Ultima Online to upset players that much ?