• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Britannia Invaded!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5/12/2020 All Britannians take warning, the realm is invaded! Vile creatures swarm our cities and it is up to you to drive them out! Visit the Town Crier located at the Britain Commons (Britain Bank on Siege) in order to find out which city must be defended! Good luck!

Continue reading...

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Oh man, the generals take a long long time when you are solo and hunting in groups is more fun

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Does anyone know if using max luck suits actually gives anything decent for loot on generals? I don't remember ever using max luck back during the first invasion but I do remember the loot being terrible. I don't remember the loot for the final boss though.

Only reason I ask is because if you aren't in the town within the first 5-8 minutes to find the mage generals you are S.O.L. for a spellbook so I'm kind of looking for a reason to actually do the invasion or if I'm better off just staying in Doom.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Does anyone know if using max luck suits actually gives anything decent for loot on generals? I don't remember ever using max luck back during the first invasion but I do remember the loot being terrible. I don't remember the loot for the final boss though.

Only reason I ask is because if you aren't in the town within the first 5-8 minutes to find the mage generals you are S.O.L. for a spellbook so I'm kind of looking for a reason to actually do the invasion or if I'm better off just staying in Doom.
I've found my mystic with 600 luck is getting better drops than my tamer in a full luck suit. I started on my tamer but on atl I wasn't getting enough dmg in on final boss to get looting rights. Mystic mage working much better for me,and ya the titan drops good loot.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, quick questions for someone who has done this before...

Which ranks have drops?
Which ranks have to be killed for the city to end?
Does any rank NOT respawn when killed?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, quick questions for someone who has done this before...

Which ranks have drops?
Which ranks have to be killed for the city to end?
Does any rank NOT respawn when killed?
Kill generals and next lower rank to make spawn stop. Then it's not so exact. Sometimes you have to kill every mob for the titan to appear.
I don't pay attention to category but any of the top rank with a staff can drop a book. Mages drop the 50 sdi kind others drop the slayers. The generals drop the higher than 30. Next lower rank drop up to 25 slayer. The mages are only generals.

Recruits and maybe others have bloody cloaks if they are wearing one. I'd like to covert one of the new things using bloody cloth to see what it looks like.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kill generals and next lower rank to make spawn stop. Then it's not so exact. Sometimes you have to kill every mob for the titan to appear.
I don't pay attention to category but any of the top rank with a staff can drop a book. Mages drop the 50 sdi kind others drop the slayers. The generals drop the higher than 30. Next lower rank drop up to 25 slayer. The mages are only generals.

Recruits and maybe others have bloody cloaks if they are wearing one. I'd like to covert one of the new things using bloody cloth to see what it looks like.
I appreciate the response, but it seems to lack a lot of specifics...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry I just double click them to open the paperdoll and if they are using a staff I kill them to get books.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No pack drops from them.
Titan bosses seem to be based on peerless somewhat. The items are similar and they have ML ingredients and Talismans. But no other Peerless items in the corpse. A player said they got a Crimmy off one last night. So check the Corpse.

The last invasion we needed to have credit for killing one to get the reward at the end. No Parade this time.

Last edited:

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No pack drops from them.
Titan bosses seem to be based on peerless somewhat. The items are similar and they have ML ingredients and Talismans. But no other Peerless items in the corpse.

The last invasion we needed to have credit for killing one to get the reward at the end. No Parade this time.
Makes sense. I have gotten some cool gear and legendaries off them so definitely worthwhile to kill. They drop a TON of stuff per person it seems.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes LS has a lot more players doing it this time. When it goes public there is a lot of stuff. And some players have Luck Suits so you can get what they dont loot.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I appreciate the response, but it seems to lack a lot of specifics...
Look at their Paperdoll. This guy drops that weapon. If they have a staff in their hand they drop spellbooks. If they are a Mage they drop the 50sdi type. If not mage they drop others. Pretty simple if you dont worry about the details.

1589413577395.png

Nunchaku gal dropped Nunchaku.
1589417168667.png
This guy dropped a slayer book
1589416521846.png

Captain with staff dropped a 22 Dragon. Missed pic... Max would be 25.

29 Demon from this guy:
1589426524390.png

Last edited:

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are the weapons that drop in your bag worth something? I realized they got up to 100 DI and sometimes bane. Not sure which one are keepers.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Stay until the titan is killed or be there at the time when it dies, then you will get your stolen items back

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are the weapons that drop in your bag worth something? I realized they got up to 100 DI and sometimes bane. Not sure which one are keepers.
Bane bows are nice. I use them for some things. When I have 2 archers going and am not switching to them they do more damage when target is less than 50 HP. They work great for killing the Crazy Mage in Shame.

Weapons... Maybe the axe with WW could be useful. Cant imbue or HML drops to normal max.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Basically the only weps worth keeping are Bane Soul Glaives, and you have to kill an Archer boss with a Gargoyle char to get one of those. Bane is like a mini-WoD when it procs. Has a chance to proc on an enemy that's below 30% Health, and the lower their Health % is, the higher the proc chance and damage. I've seen Bane procs do 300+ damage to a redlined Scalis before.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
BaneN/AWeapons(L)N/AThis on hit property will only trigger when targets health is below 50%. As the targets health decreases the chance for the property to fire will increase along with the damage. Bane will damage the target with 30% of the targets max hit points in physical damage.

They greatly reduce long fights when you have a couple of them going.

Last edited:

fastandfurious46

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The Weapon have special Slayer like the book? Mage Slayer for example?

Bane damage Is capped in pvp? Or have the same rules of pvm damage?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The weapons do not have slayers on them.
Don't know about PvP. I would assume there is a damage cap.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This event is so incredibly boring. I watch everyone "all kill" then stand back doing nothing while their cu/triton does all the work. Then once the hp is low enough the "word of death" guys do their thing. What a drag. I try to breathe some life into them by stealing their things so they don't get bored. But it isn't as fun for me as you might think. I either flag and someone calls guards, get an immediate guardwhack, or I come away clean and casually walk back to the bank. I got a ton of stuff, but I like the chase, the stuff means nothing.

Last edited:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This event is so incredibly boring. I watch everyone "all kill" then stand back doing nothing while their cu/triton does all the work. Then once the hp is low enough the "word of death" guys do their thing. What a drag. I try to breathe some life into them by stealing their things so they don't get bored. But it isn't as fun for me as you might think. I either flag and someone calls guards, get an immediate guardwhack, or I come away clean and casually walk back to the bank. I got a ton of stuff, but I like the chase, the stuff means nothing.
I agree that the event is boring. But for me, it's about getting those last spellbooks that I need. If the spellbooks weren't drops, there is zero chance that I would participate.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spellbooks are dropping like flies. I have got 6 50% spellbooks and a load of others. Diffently not shy on the books this round. Even in ATL Chat 50% books are selling for 150M.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Best book I have so far is a 46 SDI book. Got a few 29-30 SDI with Slayers books. So far this is fun. I missed this event a few years ago. I'm going to keep at it until I get a 50 SDI book.

Reactions: Gem

Chocobo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Extremely poor designed event. People just running multiple accounts and script for synchronize attack in order to get all books drop from mage.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was just idiotic for them to make the books only drop from the mages. Should of been a % Chance from everything.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just found my frist mage. Was right next to my recall spot. Was only one for 30 secs then every one was on him they bought all the mobs. I dead in less then a minute by the time I found a rez he was dead.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Was only one for 30 secs then every one was on him they bought all the mobs. I dead in less then a minute by the time I found a rez he was dead.
That's pretty much how I remember the event first time around, I spent more time being chased by other mobs that people dragged onto me and then invised themselves, when will the Devs realise that human nature spoils their nicely planned events? The mage books should have had a small chance to drop from any mob, ensuring people actually cleared the city as was the intention.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On LS there are players who know exactly what t do. Then there is me who just hopes to find one mage or healer. So far not one. They are covered in pets by the time I snap. O well.
LS players will have many books and I do not think they will stop and be bored. More is always better.

I also think they should spawn on every general. I am sure M had minions who did not want this. O well.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just found my frist mage. Was right next to my recall spot. Was only one for 30 secs then every one was on him they bought all the mobs. I dead in less then a minute by the time I found a rez he was dead.
You can get drops while you are dead.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Spellbooks are dropping like flies. I have got 6 50% spellbooks and a load of others. Diffently not shy on the books this round. Even in ATL Chat 50% books are selling for 150M.
Would love to know if you are doing something specific to get that many 50 SDI drops (maybe you have 4 accts going on a dead shard?). Anything that will help with a 50% drop (like in game luck or certain template used)?

I have been able to isolate a few generals over the past few weeks on dead shards but I've only gotten a handful of the non slayer SDI books and they are usually 40-47%. I also use a sampire on ATL bc people actually finish the invasion and still no 50 SDI there AND if I don't find the generals within the first 25% of damage being done then I might as well keep walking because I won't get a drop.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got 80 books this round. No 50s. 2 49s rest lower. Only 1 30 slayer.(Bird)

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My wife and I have received five or six spellbooks total doing the invasions for hours a day this past long weekend, but one of them is a 50% SDI book. She and I don't really pay attention to what general we are hitting, and we spend more time dying than anything else. We do it for the fun of it (and the cloaks for me), and if I happen to get lucky with a book, it is a bonus.

Speaking of cloaks, if nobody else has done it yet, the salvage bags will salvage the cloth from the cloaks. There are four different hues I've found. I have yet to craft anything with the cloth, and I'm not sure what to craft with it. So for now, I'm holding onto it. I might post pictures of the cloth later.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Speaking of cloaks, if nobody else has done it yet, the salvage bags will salvage the cloth from the cloaks. There are four different hues I've found. I have yet to craft anything with the cloth, and I'm not sure what to craft with it. So for now, I'm holding onto it. I might post pictures of the cloth later.
Yes use a Salvage bag with your Tailor then combine cloth on a sewing kit.

There are 3 with Blue Blood. Hues 2695 2696 2697
There are 3 with Red Blood. Hues 2671 2672 2673

Keep all you find. The blue ones are more rare.

If they are wearing a cloak, they will have one as loot. Sometimes you have to wait until it goes public even if you are the only one that did damage to them.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
HINT: DO INVASIONS ON EMPTY SHARD. You can get a High %SDI Book each town.
Good in theory but even on empty shards (no shard is completely empty) you have others doing the same thing that you are looking to do and they simply run around killing the mages in the first 10-15min and then leave. I was on an Asian shard earlier today (right when it came up) and there was likely 2 maybe 3 people (each had 2-3 accts) running around killing the generals and once the mages were dead they left. I killed a few more generals but after about 30min I became bored with the grind (and the loot is terrible) so I logged. I went back eight hours later and it was still on the same exact town (aka nobody fought the invasion so it never changed)...still no mage generals.

So the problem then becomes you might get 2-3 books but if you aren't willing to spend hours solo'ing the entire invasion to get the titan up; you will never progress to a new town with a fresh batch of mages.