• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Black Gate Champ Spawn Hotfix

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10/6/2020 Greetings, We have deployed a hotfix to resolve an issue where the Black Gate Champ spawn would not correctly distribute participation rewards. Thank you for the reports and we appreciate your patience while we worked to resolve the issue. We are also in the final stages of finishing setup for the coming Treasures event, keep an eye on UO.com announcing when that event is live. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Looks like this is just another example of the lack of QA which is unfortunate. Props to the Dev team for fixing the error though

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you Devs!
I can confirm. I just got the mysterious cube! :)

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Got my cube. Working now woot!

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is fixed, we are getting cubes. That is what hotfix means.
i know what "hotfix means", they are usually applied when the server restarts
To apply a "hot fix" they have to replace part of the code and to do so they have to stop that routine and restart it. It works like this.
I didn't think they could do this even when the shard is active. That's why I asked for it.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Next question, can we get multiple of these on the same account? I have some deco plans lol

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
on my shard looks like day one first spawn had cube other spawn not...ok just got another one 3 spawn later

Last edited:

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got one in just a few minutes after the fix. Has anyone gotten multiple cube drops since the fix? If so whats the drop rate like? I'm still not sure what they're for though.:confused2:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I got one earlier after they announced the fix...went back a bit ago and killed a ton of orcs but haven't gotten another. Don't want to advance the spawn too much, though the Ogre Lords and Gargs are fairly easy still. So....so far I have 2.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did two spawns with a toon. First run got a cube, second didn't. Then used other account, got cube.

Anyone verify we can get more than 1 a day on same toon?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've done 3 spawns on same toon. Got cube in first and third. They seem to only be dropping during Orc level.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've done 3 spawns on same toon. Got cube in first and third. They seem to only be dropping during Orc level.
I've only done one full spawn since they fixed it, got one immediately then nothing, I wonder if it's one per spawn?
Edit: Mine came during orc level as well.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the cubes drop on orc level only. Kinda sux since that goes so fast with a group.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
got 2 on ogre and 1 on elemental....
Good. I have never got one past orc round and I stay the whole time. Have all the slayer books. Bad luck.

Made a cube wall:
1602043383249.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the timer between spawns is 30 minutes. Worked twice so far. From dead boss to when you can start spawn.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did 7 spawns today. Used 2 toons as well as I could. Got 5 cubes. 4 from orc level 1 from Ogre level.
Sometimes both toons got no cubes during the whole spawn. They never both got a cube during a spawn, I suck at keeping them alive and fighting.

We averaged 20 min to finish spawn then 30 timer min to start new one. Able get a chance every 50 minutes.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Batlin does something with massive damage to sampires? I have seen one non-sampire fighter with Aegis shield, and sword that has AI and also lightning damage and LD, and some other things do some damage and stay toe to toe a few minutes. No Slayer and no WOD works. Not sure if life leach works, wonder if he has corrupt life? Any ideas for weapon on him? Ohh he had poison damage 60% and also 40% phys or something. Wonder if Batlin has been Lored? If humanoid then guess not..?
Also they took the healer out so if you go there to "solo" the first or second levels for the cubes, youll have to yell in GC for people to come and rez you. I guess they want to encourage team play..

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
WOD worked just fine on the ones ive done.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Batlin does something with massive damage to sampires? I have seen one non-sampire fighter with Aegis shield, and sword that has AI and also lightning damage and LD, and some other things do some damage and stay toe to toe a few minutes. No Slayer and no WOD works. Not sure if life leach works, wonder if he has corrupt life? Any ideas for weapon on him? Ohh he had poison damage 60% and also 40% phys or something. Wonder if Batlin has been Lored? If humanoid then guess not..?
Also they took the healer out so if you go there to "solo" the first or second levels for the cubes, youll have to yell in GC for people to come and rez you. I guess they want to encourage team play..

WOD worked just fine on the ones ive done. or at least i didnt notice it not working.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yall farming cubes and soon you will all learn that the cube is just another blue amulet that you can lend to your friends to enter somewhere xD IF the devs would tell us what they release... but nop they want us to farm eyes closed as usual

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yall farming cubes and soon you will all learn that the cube is just another blue amulet that you can lend to your friends to enter somewhere xD IF the devs would tell us what they release... but nop they want us to farm eyes closed as usual
It is actually a short wall. Very cool.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone gotten a cube today? I've killed hundreds of mobs and not a single one today.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
WOD worked just fine on the ones ive done. or at least i didnt notice it not working.
Awesome : They may have changed some things on this, I hope that WOD will work again. Some of the changes included no healer there, but its ok, I suspect its for a good reason. They are still tweaking cubes not dropping I suspect. I think Batlin does reflect damage also, possibly. Would be nice to have an idea of his resists.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can anyone confirm receiving multiple boxes without killing the boss in between? (i.e. multiple boxes on the same character on the same spawn, or leaving prior to the boss popping, then getting another box from a different spawn with the same character)

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So....along with the annoying corrupted life leech rendering Sampires nearly worthless....I just watched Batlin go from less than 10% health to over 80% for no reason.

Not fun so far. Glad it's 1 drop per account since I don't want to do this again.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can anyone confirm receiving multiple boxes without killing the boss in between? (i.e. multiple boxes on the same character on the same spawn, or leaving prior to the boss popping, then getting another box from a different spawn with the same character)
I got one right away after they fixed it, I've done 4 or 5 spawns since and nothing. Maybe just a low drop rate. Would be nice though to know if people have had multiple drops (cubes).
If they're just deco though I'm not sure I really care.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Drop rate is low. I've got 4 boxes today. But, I am starting to use did toons to see if that helps, so far so good.

That would be out of 6 spawns using 2 toons each spawn. Two came from non orc levels.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I did six Champs on Atlantic today. Had previously got a cube and the tali. No new cubes today

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So....along with the annoying corrupted life leech rendering Sampires nearly worthless....I just watched Batlin go from less than 10% health to over 80% for no reason.

Not fun so far. Glad it's 1 drop per account since I don't want to do this again.
I've actually had a lot of fun with it, I've only used my Sampire so far and I haven't had many problems. He gives you a good whack occasionally , died quite a few times , but have gotten the main reward and "the cube".

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got 5 cubes today. But Ill be doing The new Deceit constantly. Wish cubes worked over the weekend.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tamers. Got 2 on melee toons. Honor is useless on orcs lol. I decided to try other toons since it was stingy for me at first.

Just need a toon that has healing and a WW weapon for orcs. kill the orcs surrounding pets.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm just glad this map (which I got in the last week) wasn't further north (like some that I did a couple months ago) Screenshot 2020-10-07 20.46.33.png .....

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
How many colors do the cubes come in?