• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Ask & Answer No. 15

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the veteran rewards were added cuz vets were whining. now, you want vet rewards released to everyone cuz younger acct owners are whining.
will the crying ever stop?

devs, i feel for you. no one is every happy. everyone has their hands out. let it be known that i think you do a fine job. keep a thick skin, i dont know how you can listen to all the consistent crying and pandering. i would have told a lot of people to stuff their sorrys in a sack by now.

play the game, pay your subs, do what makes you happy. good things come to those who wait and dont pancake all the time.

Cycloknight

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
In addition to making account age scale with how much time you have paid for (past or present) you could make it so that people who are paying for, say, a year in advance of game-time get 1 year veteran status, but no points, or half points since their veteran status is "simulated" and not real. This would bring more value to veteran items. When they have reached 1 year in real game-play time they will receive the full amount of points.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
BLAH BLAH BLAH
Here's your song because that is what all your ranting and raving is all about. Look at me, see how LEET I am, I am a UO VET.
Carly Simon - You're So Vain
and that is all this boils down to , VAINTY.

UO needs to keep all its players if it wants to last another 15 yrs. I have been here for 14 yrs 11 mos and allowing players to pay thier subs to age thier accounts would not hurt my game play one bit. You on the other hand, OMG he's riding an Ethy and he just started, who cares, is this going to destroy your game play, NO. But it just might keep players from leaving. I bet you were even mad when UO gave players a 1st yr Ethy. That's not fair I had to wait 3 yrs. Who cares, you must because I don't. UO needs to do anything and everything to keep its playerbase from bleeding to death and if this would help then I say go for it.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In addition to making account age scale with how much time you have paid for (past or present) you could make it so that people who are paying for, say, a year in advance of game-time get 1 year veteran status, but no points, or half points since their veteran status is "simulated" and not real. This would bring more value to veteran items. When they have reached 1 year in real game-play time they will receive the full amount of points.
Why make them wait? They paid thier money, just like the rest of us.

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would settle for being able to make a trophy out of my regular blue Big Fish. Apparently its too big though and to this day I still cannot get the kit to recognize it. :(

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think that the money issue only partially answers the concerns of Veteran players.
I think there is really only a few that have a BIG problem with this. Allowing this would not hurt anybodies gameplay and just may enhance someones. You pay your subs in advance knowing that UO could shut down and oh well it was worth the chance. Those would be the only risk with this. IMHO I am one of those OLD Vets (14 yrs 11 mos) that are not so VAIN that it is going to bother me for one secound to see someone else get the same Vet Rewards that I have. You pay your money the same as me. The only thing you miss is all the yrs having as much fun as I have had, but you would get them going forward. So who cares. Makes money for UO and that aint a bad thing.

Last edited:

Cycloknight

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think there is really only a few that have a BIG problem with this. Allowing this would not hurt anybodies gameplay and just may enhance someones. You pay your subs in advance knowing that UO could shut down and oh well it was worth the chance. Those would be the only risk with this. IMHO I am one of those OLD Vets (14 yrs 11 mos) that are not so VAIN that it is going to bother me for one secound to see someone else get the same Vet Rewards that I have. You pay your money the same as me. The only thing you miss is all the yrs having as much fun as I have had, but you would get them going forward. So who cares. Makes money for UO and that aint a bad thing.
You make a good argument.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once again throw attacks, name call, and ignore facts you don't like. You started this rant b/c you cant get what you want. Seems to be a common theme in your thought process Sir. Posting your favorite singer/song doesn't change the fact that you want something without having deserved it. I'm so concerned with 1st yr ethereal mounts I didn't know of the change until you mentioned it. No, it doesn't bother me. Seems like a good change.

You wont argue point for point, you wont even debate the topic. Anyone not seeing your way is called names and insulted. I find it VERY hard to believe you are a 14yr vet reward player unless your parents gave you their account. Angry unhealthy preoccupation with other players vet rewards is not a good thing.
:violin: Cry more about "UO is going to DIE B4 I gets me vet rewards" - Folks have been saying that UO will be dead in the next 6-12months for WELL over 10yrs now.

Your vanity shows in believing UO cant exist w/o selling off vet rewards & thinking your SO deserving. Pay your subs, play fairly so you don't get marks on your account that lead to you being banned, and enjoy your gaming experience. You'll have vet rewards. Stop crying UO will be dead before most get their rewards - its childish, negative, and we've seen enough of that the last +10yrs.

UO is still here and continues to live despite so many like yourself that have proclaimed its doom.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always like hear this.
"If you want vet rewards pay for your account/s and don't break the rules, its pretty simple."
and allude that its been said often in an attempt to belittle the principle. Ive never seen this comment on this website (not that I couldn't have missed it) but I'm fairly certain its an understood ideology amongst those not looking to obtain items undeserving. Your attempt to lessen the truth of this statement is amateur at best. Please try harder :loser:
If you want vet rewards pay for your account/s and don't break the rules, its pretty simple.
Guess you forgot what you said.
Once again throw attacks, name call, and ignore facts you don't like. You started this rant b/c you cant get what you want. Seems to be a common theme in your thought process Sir. Posting your favorite singer/song doesn't change the fact that you want something without having deserved it. I'm so concerned with 1st yr ethereal mounts I didn't know of the change until you mentioned it. No, it doesn't bother me. Seems like a good change.

You wont argue point for point, you wont even debate the topic. Anyone not seeing your way is called names and insulted. I find it VERY hard to believe you are a 14yr vet reward player unless your parents gave you their account. Angry unhealthy preoccupation with other players vet rewards is not a good thing.
:violin: Cry more about "UO is going to DIE B4 I gets me vet rewards" - Folks have been saying that UO will be dead in the next 6-12months for WELL over 10yrs now.

You vanity shows in believing UO cant exist w/o selling off vet rewards & thinking your SO deserving. Pay your subs, play fairly so you don't get marks on your account that lead to you being banned, and enjoy your gaming experience. You'll have vet rewards. Stop crying UO will be dead before most get their rewards - its childish, negative, and we've seen enough of that the last +10yrs.

UO is still here and continues to live despite so many like yourself that have proclaimed its doom.
Your one and only point
If you want vet rewards pay for your account/s and don't break the rules, its pretty simple.
Fact
  1. The only requirment to get a Vet Reward is to pay your subs. That is all you have done to earn this.
  2. Logging into UO is not a requirement to get a Vet Reward.
  3. Refer to #1
  4. A person paying thier subs for 15 ys will be rewarded with 27 Vet Rewards without having to log into UO.
  5. Refer to #1
  6. Upon logging in after 15 yrs or paying your subs everytime it is due you will see this "Veteran reward selection gump" with "your current total of rewards to choose: 27" "You have already choosen: 0"
  7. Refer to #1
  8. EA does not care if you play UO just as long as they get thier $$$.
  9. Refer to #1
  10. UO playerbase is declining.
  11. UO Dev Team is declining.
And your one and only point is

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well done Frodo. I commend your statements for keeping to the facts and being concise. No need to repeat yourself (and me) so many times but I understand its for emphasis.

It seems we have a simple disagreement on the principles of vet rewards and possibly the definition itself. If they are sold then they are no longer vet reward but I believe you would argue that the concept is outdated and needs to be changed to keep up with the times.

I would respectfully disagree with much of what you have said and that is exactly what these boards allow, the comment on difference of opinion.

Your one point - Vet rewards should be sold or account ages have the ability to be bought.
My one point - They should not.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well done Frodo. I commend your statements for keeping to the facts and being concise. No need to repeat yourself (and me) so many times but I understand its for emphasis.

It seems we have a simple disagreement on the principles of vet rewards and possibly the definition itself. If they are sold then they are no longer vet reward but I believe you would argue that the concept is outdated and needs to be changed to keep up with the times.

I would respectfully disagree with much of what you have said and that is exactly what these boards allow, the comment on difference of opinion.

Your one point - Vet rewards should be sold or account ages have the ability to be bought.
My one point - They should not.
TY agreed. I never said I wanted Vet Rewards to be sold. There is a thread about a Token to age accounts and I am against that also. We showed UO/EA our dedication and loyality to UO with our pocketbooks (and had fun playing the game too) and if people were allowed to age thier accounts with gametime codes only they too would be showing the same dedication and loyality to UO with thier pocketbooks. They may just be showing this a little more because we all know UO will go the way of the Dodo we just do not know when and by aging your account you are betting $$$ that you think UO will last as long as all the game time you just paid for. This is the only way I would agree with an account aging program.