• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Alchemist’s Abomination Comes to Origin

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5/18/2021 Greetings All, We are pleased to announce the next installment in our live event series, Alchemist’s Abomination! In the wake of Yukio’s disappearance from her studio in Tokuno, Britannians from across all facets raced to recover evidence to assist the authorities in finding her. Thanks to your courage and pursuit of truth, Yukio has been found in an abandoned settlement in Ter Mur! We must call once again on your bravery and ask that you assist in defeating The Alchemist’s Abomination in a Champ Spawn that is sure to bring victory and defeat! Be sure to pick up your […]

Continue reading...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The News says " Be sure to pick up your Lore Book to store pages of lore from inside the Tower at the abandoned settlement. "

Does anyone know what this is about ?

What is this "Lore Book" and where does not pick any, and how does one "store pages" from inside the Tower of the abandoned settlement ?

And, to what purpose ?
Thanks !

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
1621371516389.png

Alter is at the Night Terror Spawn.

1st level is evil mages and rabbits
2nd level is controllers and golems
3rd level is priest and elders
4th level is yamadons and deathwatch beetles.

More info to come.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Champ is a Frankenstein rabbit.

1621372348511.png

Drop is a mage bracelet (non shard bound)

1621372392444.png

You can get lore book pages as drops from spawn

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone give me a use for the bracelet. I'm struggling to think of what character I'd use it with. PvP maybe?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yea it's not that great. slightly better than the ornament of the magician, which almost no one uses.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone give me a use for the bracelet. I'm struggling to think of what character I'd use it with. PvP maybe?
Chiv. SW. Mystic. PvP.

Anything that can use FC4 and wants an easier way to get it.
Edit - and it could make -1FC weapons or shields more attractive.

I'll be honest - I would have shoved Strength or a Stat on it as well, but they are probably scared of going OP, and have made it interesting.

I think top end characters with fully built suits, are not going to change anything for it. A lot of characters building suits, could use it maybe.

slightly better than the ornament
I agree it's not earth shattering, but it is interesting.
Ornament of the Magician has 20%LRC which is just not needed anymore on jewellery, you hit max without trying, its a lost slot.
It also has 15 Energy resist - all armour pieces shatter the resist caps, so again, another wasted property.
So there are 3 almost equal properties.

This additionally has;
DCI 15%, is useful to absolutely everyone.
EP 25%, helps reach that cap of 50% - vital in pvp if you ask me, so again, a nice property.
The 16%LMC could help for example make it easier for Mystics non medable suits to hit the 55LMC cap if using studded whilst the FC4 can help for FC2 casting in stoneform.

I love Ornament of the Magician, and have a lot of nostalgia for it, but it has become dated. This is far more up to date I would say.
It gives options.

For me, templates trying to max Strength or aiming for HCI and DCI combined may struggle to build with this.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lore pages are not shard bound.

1621402372483.png

You should save them till you get the set so you can trade.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The 16% LMC frees up some armors where that LMC can be put to something else.
Decent for a tamer.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I make mage suits to sell and for the most part LRC/LMC is never an issue so I'd much rather knock that 16% down to 8% (or just completely remove) in favor of something else whether it be SDI or SSI

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I make mage suits to sell and for the most part LRC/LMC is never an issue so I'd much rather knock that 16% down to 8% (or just completely remove) in favor of something else whether it be SDI or SSI
Do you make 55LMC Refined suits for Mystics ? :)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you make 55LMC Refined suits for Mystics ? :)

the LMC (40%) isn't the problem, it's finding 5x good/usable studded,bone,hide pieces to get the extra +15 lmc bonus. that's not going to affect the usefulness of this bracelet at all, sure the 16 lmc, might make it easier to find a good piece that doesn't need lmc..... but the other 'jewelry -only mods' you wouldn't be getting with this bracelet is a much larger sacrifice than just going for the lmc armor piece.

Maybe it's just me, but, ever since global loot, I feel like LRC & LMC on jewelry are more like negative mods, in the sense they just replace other more beneficial properties one would use more, especially since it's like super easy to get 40 lmc 100 lrc without wasting any room on the jewelry.

It should have been something like. - maybe next time.

25 EP
15 DCI OR* 15 HCI - (random* - if Dci = SDI, if HCi = DI)
3 FCR
2 FC
18 SDI OR* 35 DI
Click to Choose skill - Skill group 1 (Fencing, Macing, Magery, Musicianship, Swordsmanship) (+10) -similar to the sterling silver ring & katl-kotl ring, but lower +skill

after a skill is chosen, it would only be 6 mods (7 if you count FC as 2)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Odd that we have NPCs in the Bunkhouse across the bridge and Origin does not:

1621467596392.png

1621467615079.png

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe it's just me, but, ever since global loot, I feel like LRC & LMC on jewelry are more like negative mods, in the sense they just replace other more beneficial properties one would use more, especially since it's like super easy to get 40 lmc 100 lrc without wasting any room on the jewelry.
It's not just you.

This is what I mean when I talk about Balance in regards to Properties.
I spend so much of my time talking about Balance.

There are 17 Armour slots. There are approximately 30 properties we are trying to achieve in a suit.
The grid is immense.

Like you say LRC - LMC - Resists - DCI some properties are just given away too freely, we get too much of them.
Others - SSI - Strength, Enhance Potions, Soul Charge, Reactive Paralyse, Eaters, Regens, HCI are just so much harder to get, and like you say, they get drowned out by the commonness of others.

I completely agree the LMC would have been something else for me - probably not even SDI - I feel we even get enough of that - Probably Strength, to hit the 150 total, to then add 25 HPI to hit the 150 HP target, etc.
Getting 25 Strength on Mage pieces is often quite hard. Intelligence and Mana, less hard of course.

{Partly it depends on if the piece is veering towards pvp or pvm of course}.

Last edited: