• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Additions to Publish 89

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
.. or if someone is dieing its not hard to find a way to take a second to pay ur account...
Lol, this is classic - in an off the subject sort of way. If you're dying, take a second and pay your account. Why would want to ... if you're gonna be dead?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That sounds like pure greed, sure any friend of the house should have advantage. Maybe RL problems made them stop paying and they will be happy to get their stuff back, when RL trouble are solved.
If someone die RL, familie and friends in the testament comes first. Look at the access liste as a kind of testament, first co-owners, then friends, then accessed and last anyone.
Pure greed? No - it's just good old-fashioned tough love. Being "friends" at someone's house does not entitle you to special access beyond a reasonable point in time... a point that the developers have clearly laid out to us.

I completely understand that real life problems happen - but that has nothing to do with being friended to someone's UO house and not taking proper measures to get your stuff back. Just as in real life... if you're keeping something valuable at someone's house... and you're not in touch with them often enough to know something awful happened and have the opportunity to get your stuff back... then chances are you just may be double whopper with cheese outta luck.

Also, if $13 bucks a month is going to break your bank... you shouldn't be playing this game (or spending any frivolous money on video games) in the first place.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pure greed? No - it's just good old-fashioned tough love. Being "friends" at someone's house does not entitle you to special access beyond a reasonable point in time... a point that the developers have clearly laid out to us.
But it DOES entitle people access. The owner of the house said so.
And that is why this "point in time" is being questioned here. Because to many of us, the proposed one is not reasonable at all. Maybe to solo players I guess...

The owner of the house is still the owner of the house until it drops regardless if the account is active or not. That is why they don´t drop the second the account goes inactive.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Well you would have up to the 4 days until you can not access your stuff. Chances are if it's idoc and you didn't know about it your stuff would be gone anyways. If they changed it to what you like I could co-own all my other accounts and if my house ever did fall I would get warnings/my items back.
They didn't say "when it goes into IDOC". They said "when it is condemned". "Slightly" still is "condemned". What is being suggested is that it be changed to IDOC, from slightly. That would give friends/coowners those 4 days. Without this change, then no, you would not "have up to the 4 days until you can not access your stuff".

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They didn't say "when it goes into IDOC". They said "when it is condemned". "Slightly" still is "condemned". What is being suggested is that it be changed to IDOC, from slightly. That would give friends/coowners those 4 days. Without this change, then no, you would not "have up to the 4 days until you can not access your stuff".
Yes, what Brian said. All we are asking is the change to those 4 days so you can get your own crap out. As their initial design is written there is 0 chance. You just lost your stuff with no way to save it since you can't reopen a friends account for them.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
But it DOES entitle people access. The owner of the house said so.
And that is why this "point in time" is being questioned here. Because to many of us, the proposed one is not reasonable at all. Maybe to solo players I guess...

The owner of the house is still the owner of the house until it drops regardless if the account is active or not. That is why they don´t drop the second the account goes inactive.
The owner of the house is a dead beat. You are entitled to nothing. You get nothing special. They're already over-due on payments.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The owner of the house is a dead beat. You are entitled to nothing. You get nothing special. They're already over-due on payments.
Possibly one of the dumbest comments ive ever read on stratics. They are a dead beat how exactly?

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I guess you can think of it this way. If a house owner does not pay for an account for 90 days the house is theirs. The second the house goes " like new" it's OSIs house. They give ya 90 days. Not 95 days . Overall though it's great changed to the system.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From what I can tell, the primary reason for eliminating access is to prevent items from being scripted. Anyone who has done IDOCs for any amount of time knows exactly what it looks like. Any valuable item left out on display gets a few characters (some young, some not) hidden next to it and that item never hits the ground. Scripts don't just work for young accounts, and with the current statements from our producer, unless they are unattened there is little action that can be expected to be taken. I fully support the elimination of access to the house for all but the owners account.

My personal vote would be that the house becomes private the moment it becomes "like new". I would treat access just like a private house at that point, anyone on the access list would be able to enter, but nor further access could be granted. No adding access once the house has started its decay. Any house that is greatly worn should have its access list blocked when the server resets. That will force anyone who logged out inside the house outside before the house falls. That would give anyone who was storing items in the house until server down of the greatly worn stage... if you haven't managed to get your stuff out by then you are just out of luck.

Lastly, if it were possible (and I don't know that it is) I would love to see the system be able to discern the different between and IDOC due to an inactive account and an IDOC for an active account that has placed another house. IMO, active accounts should be exempt from the above rules.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummm...by not paying for their account. #DERP
Account management problems could cause this? Or credit card problems that are not the users fault?

Yet your assumption is that everyone who doesn't make an account payment for whatever reason is a deadbeat.

And even if someone chose not to make a payment it hardly makes them a deadbeat.

Like I said .... dumbest assumption I've ever seen made in stratics and that takes some doing. Congratulations. You win the award.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Account management problems could cause this? Or credit card problems that are not the users fault?

Yet your assumption is that everyone who doesn't make an account payment for whatever reason is a deadbeat.

And even if someone chose not to make a payment it hardly makes them a deadbeat.

Like I said .... dumbest assumption I've ever seen made in stratics and that takes some doing. Congratulations. You win the award.
It takes 95 days to get credit card or account management issues resolved? Completely unacceptable. That's laziness - the kind that I would only expect from some liberal turdy entitlement-addicted Obama voter. You're just making excuses now on behalf of others.

Either way, whether stopping paying your account voluntarily or involuntarily, this does not entitle such individual's friends to access the house up until the point of dropping. It seems to me like the developers feel the same about this, so continue your griping about it.

Feel free to continue with the petty, off-topic insults. Your contributions to thread don't quite come off as being genius level either. Please go back to reminding people who post threads about the Atlantic shard in Uhall that they should take it to the ATL forum.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant believe there are 4 pages of complaining over a minor issue that doesnt even apply to 99 percent of players.

If i were mesanna, i would do away with idocs completely after reading this and just delete all the items upon decay

For once, the dev team has actually had a very fair and fun "fix" for the continual complaints of idocs and there is squabling over this?

If you have valueable stuff, keep it in your OWN HOUSE or the bank.

I cant fathom the nerve of people who absolutely refuse to have their perfect routines and ruts of gameplay altered every so often.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I cant believe there are 4 pages of complaining over a minor issue that doesnt even apply to 99 percent of players.

If i were mesanna, i would do away with idocs completely after reading this and just delete all the items upon decay

For once, the dev team has actually had a very fair and fun "fix" for the continual complaints of idocs and there is squabling over this?

I cant fathom the nerve of people who absolutely refuse to have their perfect routines and ruts of gameplay altered every so often.
Don´t get me wrong.

The overall announcement is great. Just one more tweak and it´s golden IMO.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This shows only, how much YOU value community.
I would not relocate the guild stone of our guild away from the historical guild tower in fear, that in some unknown future due to whatever reason the owner of this tower does no longer pay the account holding it? Or the whispering rose of the character, who is a member of the guild leader board!
Besides that - how many rewards and gifts can only be used, if you have a house on the shard - or are coowned to one. So if you play multiple shards with the same account, trusting a friend, who coowns you to his house to place and use your rewards and other house bound items (i.e. light house, shard shield. kings collection stuff, lots of other things) or present shard/char specific stuff (candle of love, event items) in your friends house on that shard instead of exporting it to your home shard would be no longer an option?
But well, may the greed rule and destroy the last few remaining splitters of community in this game.

And this is still not considering multi account owners, who may have a big part in the fact, that our game still exists and pay sometimes dozens accounts (we have a lot of those, my own annual payments to this game are currently somewhere between 750 and 1000 USD just for game time codes/subscription fees) and may run into trouble with their payments or account access due to not always their own faults (besides that it makes not much sense to pay an account, which holds an extra guild house or one on a second shard keeping history and shards a little bit more alive on a monthly base). So you deny them the right to pull off their own stuff in emergency situations.

Last edited:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummm, the house owner made the choice to give access to those players/accounts. "Advantage" assumes that everyone is there to grab something someone else owns. Let's say I am co-owned to a friend's house, and have stuff stored in a container there. I don't realize that that person is letting their house go, and the only way I know in advance is when I see the house sign showing the condemned state. With the access list cleared, now all of *MY* stuff is immediately taken from me, the minute the house enters a condemned state - and worse, if that owner pays to re-fund the account, now I've been cleared from the access list and those items have had their access changed to only that house owner. Why should I not have an advantage in removing my own items from the house before it falls?
This doesn't really add up for me because if you trusted the friend enough that you placed your items in his house in the first place why would you not trust him to give you back access after he paid up the account?

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unbelievable. i would think after all the complaints on idocs for months people would simply be grateful and adjust their gameplay slightly if needed.
As usual you are spot on.
98% of this nonsense is completely rhetorical, or worse, being posted by complainers not even still playing/paying an account.
I mean who doesn't have all sorts of valuable pixel stuff locked down in their faceless internet friends houses? Makes total sense.
I would be willing to bet that these same people that supposedly have all their stuff inexplicably locked down in other peoples houses are the same people that have huge cheating paranoia issues.
How ironic is that?
They have been screaming at the devs to change idocs because they believe that cheating scripters are the only ones benefitting from them yet they randomly drop their valuable items in other peoples homes and maybe lose them now because of the idoc changes? I love it :)
They believe the bulk of the population is full of cheating scripters yet they trust them with their pixel crap lol

Thank god this board only represents a tiny majority of the real UO population.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
This doesn't really add up for me because if you trusted the friend enough that you placed your items in his house in the first place why would you not trust him to give you back access after he paid up the account?
I'm pretty sure that it was clear that I presumed the house would be falling, as did the post I was replying to, when I said:
"Why should I not have an advantage in removing my own items from the house before it falls?

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure that it was clear that I presumed the house would be falling, as did the post I was replying to, when I said:
"Why should I not have an advantage in removing my own items from the house before it falls?
Uhh no.
I am pretty sure you said this - "With the access list cleared, now all of *MY* stuff is immediately taken from me, the minute the house enters a condemned state - and worse, if that owner pays to re-fund the account, now I've been cleared from the access list and those items have had their access changed to only that house owner"

This statement of yours had nothing to do with matters after the house falls.

So I say again - This doesn't really add up for me because if you trusted the friend enough that you placed your items in his house in the first place why would you not trust him to give you back access after he paid up the account?
You are very easily called out for incorrectly trying to put a spin on your own words darling.

Or to look at it another way, you chose to place and entrust your items to someone else. That someone else turned out to be a deadbeat that didn't pay his bill for 90 days. Account access issues do not last 90 days unless you are an idiot btw so they are not the issue here.
You made a very poor decision.
You lose. Period

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Uhh no.
I am pretty sure you said this - "With the access list cleared, now all of *MY* stuff is immediately taken from me, the minute the house enters a condemned state - and worse, if that owner pays to re-fund the account, now I've been cleared from the access list and those items have had their access changed to only that house owner"

This statement of yours had nothing to do with matters after the house falls.

So I say again - This doesn't really add up for me because if you trusted the friend enough that you placed your items in his house in the first place why would you not trust him to give you back access after he paid up the account?
You are very easily called out for incorrectly trying to put a spin on your own words darling.

Or to look at it another way, you chose to place and entrust your items to someone else. That someone else turned out to be a deadbeat that didn't pay his bill for 90 days.
You made a very poor decision.
You lose. Period
I have a friend who has Cancer.... She barely plays now between the chemo treatments. I hardly expect her to remember to pay her accounts and I'm sure the chemo treatments aren't cheap ........ but we share several houses together. Now I can hardly help her and take care of things if her houses go into Decay and she's not available if I am unable to access the homes the second they go into decay. I do watch her houses for her. I also store stuff there...

I wouldn't call her a deadbeat. I'd call you an a$$ though.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a friend who has Cancer.... She barely plays now between the chemo treatments. I hardly expect her to remember to pay her accounts and I'm sure the chemo treatments aren't cheap ........ but we share several houses together. Now I can hardly help her and take care of things if her houses go into Decay and she's not available if I am unable to access the homes the second they go into decay. I do watch her houses for her. I also store stuff there...

No offense but you and your dramatic friends always seem to pop up in your UO discussions.
Do you play from an ICU ward in a hospital?
If so, I commend you but still don't believe that the devs should base sound game decisions on rl chemo therapy. But that's just me I guess...
Please continue to introduce your rl drama and catastrophic illnesses into an MMORPG though. Its much appreciated and so in context

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No offense but you and your dramatic friends always seem to pop up in your UO discussions.
Do you play from an ICU ward in a hospital?
If so, I commend you but still don't believe that the devs should base sound game decisions on rl chemo therapy. But that's just me I guess...
I see NOTHING wrong with making the house private. What I see as bad is clearing the access list on day one. If it cleared at IDOC state that's fine... but on day one to 4 it should let at least friends and Co-owners in to recover items.

And I do work in a Hospital. But I don't play UO from work NO. I have older friends... nothing wrong with that. We didn't start playing in our teens. And FYI 1:3 people will have cancer at some point in their lives. 1:3... that's a lot of people. If it hasn't touched or impacted your life yet then you are truly blessed. I never gave it a thought until about 12 years ago when I had an Uncle get Leukemia. 4 years later I had another Uncle die of Colon Cancer. 2 years after that my Mother died of Ovarian Cancer... 3 years later my Father got Pancreatic Cancer. He was gone in less than a year... and up until then I had thought I was blessed.

So having such a thing happen anymore I don't think is that "far fetched". I've already lost one dear UO friend to Cancer last July.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's sad to see a few greedy people here, who total forget, UO is about friends and community.
With that said, I think I could accept the changes if accounts accessed to the house, get a message telling, that the bill for the house is not paid or something like that, when they entre the house after the owners account goes inactive. That will give them a chance to recover their items and try to contact the owner via other channels.
Now I know the community is stronger on Siege and we care about the members of our community who get in RL trouble and of some reason can't pay their account. One house at Zento prove that, it fall and the community saved what they could and replaced the house and a player do hold it to the old owner are back.

I do like to see something to stop players from paying only few month a year but without ruin it for players who share houses, that be guild houses or friends who play more than one shard and share their houses there.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Goldberg-Chessy , why must you always be misquoting and offensive?

You're taking two different things I said, out of context, and claiming they are contradictory. They actually are not. Let's see, in just the past year, I've had 2 of my own houses fall while I was out of the country, less than 2 weeks after the accounts ended their 30 days, due to the house changes that were attempted last year. I've had a friend seriously injure his arms at work and be unable to use a computer for 6 months - he lost 3 houses while he wasn't able to get online. I've had 1 friend die from a sudden accident, and 1 die due to age-related illness. Shall I go on? In any of these cases, you're suggesting that I and others were somehow untrustworthy deadbeats? Nice.

I'll say it again. Clearing the house access lists the moment a house begins to decay is a terrible decision. It has all sorts of unintended consequences, none of which have anything to do with an IDOC collapsing. If the devs must clear it, clear the list when the house is in the final IDOC stage, not the moment it enters decay. That would still achieve the same goals, without all the negative non-IDOC consequences.

Or better yet, just take everyone's houses and give them to @Goldberg-Chessy, then maybe he'll be happy. Oh, right - based on his posts here and elsewhere, he's never happy unless he's misquoting, insulting, and attacking folks. :p

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Maybe deadbeat isn't the right word... but delinquent is.

Being that you already know this ahead of time, shouldn't you maybe consider removing your items from the houses you don't fully own if the accounts are at risk of going delinquent for lack of payment reasons? It's honorable that you help your sick friend, but why should you get special access to the house up to the minute before it IDOC's when you can prevent this by taking possession of your items ahead of time?

Sorry to have to put it this way, but if we give special access to individuals for one sob story, then we have to do it for every sob story. Everyone will always have their own individual story of woe as to why they can't pay. If you haven't seen your friend online in 60-90 days... isn't it a reasonable assumption that maybe you shouldn't be storing your valuables there and it's time to retrieve them before you completely lose access?

And sorry, but one person's non-payment, whether it be for medical reasons, baby-daddy child-support reasons, or whatever the case, isn't really any different from one another. Non-payment is non-payment is non-payment. When an account goes into delinquency, then that person's friends shouldn't receive any more special access than what the next regular Joe in line receives. While the particular situation you describe may be grim and it's understandable this person might not be giving you up-to-date information as to their account standings, the burden is on YOU to take precaution, show some responsibility and remove your items ahead of time.

The one good point you make is that if you're a co-owner (and co-owner ONLY), you should receive some private pop-up message about 72 hours ahead of time that a house you co-own is in risk of going delinquent and going through the IDOC stages. However, the list should still be cleared once the stages of decay begin.

The new IDOC rules are the best changes in a long while. It finally does something about taking advantage away from some of the scripters and those abusing trial accounts. But the advantage of getting to access a house up to the minute before it falls also needs to be taken away from friends and other folks on the access list as well in order to be fair.

Last edited:

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With that said, I think I could accept the changes if accounts accessed to the house, get a message telling, that the bill for the house is not paid or something like that
Easy fix. Have a popup like you do with vendors that will alert you the SAME day the accounts go inactive. That'll give 90 whole days to move out. If someone can't make it out in that time..

People still fuss about the looting? Make all idoc loot poof into random dungeon chests. This will not only kill the nonsense about idocs but liven up dungeons as well. MAKE idocing an actual profession.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sorry to have to put it this way, but if we give special access to individuals for one sob story, then we have to do it for every sob story.
It isn´t something we want them to give us. We already have it. We just don´t want them to take it away.

And when did access become "special access"?
Go make some friends ingame if you guys want this magical "special access" too.

You guys must really think that every scripter is accessed to every house or every person accessed to a house is a scripter...

So much hate for a proposed tweak that would accomplish the same end result as if the list was cleared upon decay but would benefit so many more players.

*shakes head*

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A home should be set as private but maintain access as the owner set for friends, co-owners and guild members. Players who just got access to come into the house won't have access to containers so I don't think they need to maintain access. But anyone who was able to share a container in that house should have access to that container and its contents until the house poofs. As should the owner and their other accounts. The IDOCer gets what is left behind only when the house drops.

It's harsh to allow shared guild and co-owner containers/access which they are locked out of, without notice, should that account lapse. They should be notified when that building's account lapses so they have time to contact the owner or remove items. They should be able to access that building until it collapses. If a player is cheating or scripting, punish them directly. Don't treat loyal subscribers like cheats if you want them to continue their subscriptions. There is a point when even a loyal player will get fed up.

I made the decision to move into bank boxes and only take a house spot when I was actively using it because I didn't want to maintain accounts just to hold houses. I'm glad I made that choice now. But if everyone decided to do that and keep their belongings really secure, it won't help Broadsword grow their player base or revenue. Likewise if guilds and players who were sharing storage stop trusting that system, it's not going to help the community.

Wenchy

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I keep hearing the same ol' line, over and over and over. Without Notice?!? Is not hearing from that homeowner for almost 3 DARN MONTHS not enough notice that maybe, just maybe you should consider getting whatever said items that are yours before they are lost? Good Gosh!

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I keep hearing the same ol' line, over and over and over. Without Notice?!? Is not hearing from that homeowner for almost 3 DARN MONTHS not enough notice that maybe, just maybe you should consider getting whatever said items that are yours before they are lost? Good Gosh!
By that line of thinking EA shouldn't send out emails when your account lapses and you shouldn't get notifications when your vendor contracts are cancelled.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
In all reality, the best answer here is probably to let the current update announced by the developers go into action and then make better determinations after some IDOCs occur and we have a better examples/experiences to judge by. Right now, this is entirely a debate about what could theoretically happen.

Just a hunch here, but chances are that after the update is in place and we have some experience to go off of, there will be a more important issue which hasn't been thought of yet (or discussed in-depth) that comes to the forefront of the debate, and it will likely will get hashed out again and again within the threads of Uhall.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
In all reality, the best answer here is probably to let the current update announced by the developers go into action and then make better determinations after some IDOCs occur and we have a better examples/experiences to judge by. Right now, this is entirely a debate about what could theoretically happen.

Just a hunch here, but chances are that after the update is in place and we have some experience to go off of, there will be a more important issue which hasn't been thought of yet (or discussed in-depth) that comes to the forefront of the debate, and it will likely will get hashed out again and again within the threads of Uhall.
We can identify that there is a problem with this change simply by seeing its description. We don't need housing to be broken, just so we can then petition for it to be fixed... someday... maybe... please?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ummmmmmmmmm ......WoW

Everyone complains about everything all the time, everywhere to everyone, AND everyone is a victim.

Then point fingers for blame or make suggestions to tweak it to their own personal liking. OMG they changed idocs…THANKS OBAMA… but if you fix it this way then its all good .... THANKS PALIN

OMG this patch sux and I wanted one better…I SO HATE YOU MOM

IT’S NOT MY FAULT…I failed the quest because the Dev is like this super serious strict guy that actually wants us to earn something…and…how dare he make me do something I do not want to do. The nerve of him. I'M CLOSING MY ACCOUNTS.

WHY WHY WHY!!!! You bloody fixed it? I liked it all broken and stuff and now I have to make up new arguments now for you fixing it... NOW I HAVE TO GET MEDICATED....

Golly gee...another patch...better get out the pepto ..... EA DID IT ON PURPOSE TO GET BACK AT ME

I thought they told us they were going to do this and do the opposite .... they lied to us again.... LAWYERS HAVE RUINED THIS COUNTRY

OMG .....I actually have to play the game to get something out of it ..... YOU SUCK LIFE

Can I just sign in and have everything handed to me on a golden platter and just win the game immediately? No? Really? ........ THE GAME IS BROKE

For a sub based game you all complain a lot when stuff gets fixed :)

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
........ THE GAME IS BROKE
Yep. And it seems the more they add and the more they try to fix, the more broken it gets. Its a coin flip really as to which comes first ... will they pull the plug first or will it just fall over and die?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Easy fix. Have a popup like you do with vendors that will alert you the SAME day the accounts go inactive. That'll give 90 whole days to move out. If someone can't make it out in that time..

People still fuss about the looting? Make all idoc loot poof into random dungeon chests. This will not only kill the nonsense about idocs but liven up dungeons as well. MAKE idocing an actual profession.
I rather saw it be chests at Gypsy and Brigand spawn at the roads and in the forest at same sub server, where the house did fall. make the Lock on the chests randum, some locked, some not and some that can be unlocked with magery.
The Dungeons chests would not be for all, that would be bad IMO.
I would love to see people run around to find the spawns.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

What got fixed? Most of what I see on that list is what I would call "fluff"

Sceptor of Pride? the one guy using this is happy, I am sure

Dupre's shield? the guy wanting to dye his is partying!

And that pumpkin patcch was about to make us all quit the game, I am sure. [/sarcasm]

Last edited:

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you never had friends who took a break and kept in touch outside of UO? Not heard how the account management system can fail to re-bill your card and sometimes forgets to send an email telling you it closed the account?

Some players have real friends in game, we aren't only thinking of our own items or the loot we could get if their home falls. We might want to contact the owner so they don't lose their stuff and the house. Especially if it's in a player town. Previously, if you found a building in decay you could find co-owners or try and secure some of their items while they sorted the account out. You had access to at least try and help out. Now it's getting silly. It's less secure having a home in UO than in F2P land.

Wenchy

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ummmmmmmmmm ......WoW

Everyone complains about everything all the time, everywhere to everyone, AND everyone is a victim.

Then point fingers for blame or make suggestions to tweak it to their own personal liking. OMG they changed idocs…THANKS OBAMA… but if you fix it this way then its all good .... THANKS PALIN

OMG this patch sux and I wanted one better…I SO HATE YOU MOM

IT’S NOT MY FAULT…I failed the quest because the Dev is like this super serious strict guy that actually wants us to earn something…and…how dare he make me do something I do not want to do. The nerve of him. I'M CLOSING MY ACCOUNTS.

WHY WHY WHY!!!! You bloody fixed it? I liked it all broken and stuff and now I have to make up new arguments now for you fixing it... NOW I HAVE TO GET MEDICATED....

Golly gee...another patch...better get out the pepto ..... EA DID IT ON PURPOSE TO GET BACK AT ME

I thought they told us they were going to do this and do the opposite .... they lied to us again.... LAWYERS HAVE RUINED THIS COUNTRY

OMG .....I actually have to play the game to get something out of it ..... YOU SUCK LIFE

Can I just sign in and have everything handed to me on a golden platter and just win the game immediately? No? Really? ........ THE GAME IS BROKE

Are you playing UO again?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you never had friends who took a break and kept in touch outside of UO? Not heard how the account management system can fail to re-bill your card and sometimes forgets to send an email telling you it closed the account?

Some players have real friends in game, we aren't only thinking of our own items or the loot we could get if their home falls. We might want to contact the owner so they don't lose their stuff and the house. Especially if it's in a player town. Previously, if you found a building in decay you could find co-owners or try and secure some of their items while they sorted the account out. You had access to at least try and help out. Now it's getting silly. It's less secure having a home in UO than in F2P land.

Wenchy
I will never be on the side of people who pay a 30 day fee to keep a 90 day house. Sorry.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will never be on the side of people who pay a 30 day fee to keep a 90 day house. Sorry.
Nobody is expecting you to side with those players. Some players pay for long-term homes even when they're on a break. If you have an issue with the 90 day roulette players that's a separate thing to fix. Those aren't the players I'm talking about.

Wenchy

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Wenchy
No, I can't say I've seen this happen to a friend. And I can say with all honesty that I've been playing close to 14 years with "breaks" in between. My acct stayed active during those breaks. The only time it came close to closing is when I, and I stress (I) forgot to update my CC expiration date. The fault was mine and I place it no where else. I never failed to receive an email when I was using gt codes, I never failed to receive an email when my cc expired. Sorry but I believe people need to take personal responsibility when their acct gets messed up with billing for the most part.

I'm on the "clear the access for everyone" bandwagon on an idoc.
And for the record, I do the occasional idoc, but I forgot about them more often then not.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wenchy
Those that have a account fail to renew are the same people who have stopped playing the game, don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise. Three months it takes to fall, that's three months of time they could have logged in and didn't.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those that have a account fail to renew are the same people who have stopped playing the game, don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise. Three months it takes to fall, that's three months of time they could have logged in and didn't.
Ninety days is a great balance. I've always liked it as not too short in case someone has billing or RL problems, yet not so long that someone pays for a month, places a house, and doesn't have to restart the account for a year. With the occasional stories about renewing subscriptions, I'd be paranoid if it were shortened to 30 days. But the probability I'd have trouble reactivating for 90 days, or be so sick I would miss my accounts lapsing, are very small.

If someone is in the hospital for an extended time, or goes overseas, and so on, it shows that the house may be "important" but is not "as important." It isn't to say the account is of zero worth, rather that it has less worth relative to other things. If a house is important enough, is it so much to spend the time to check an e-mail address every 90 days? If there's such a risk that a credit card will expire, then why not buy game time codes? If a house is really, really important that someone worries "What if I'm in the hospital for a long time," then why not entrust information to a trusted friend or family member? Should someone be part of a military/paramilitary force that could be deployed on hours' notice, then the person can prepare for that possibility today, if the account is really that important. I have no doubt my wife would let my accounts expire, and she wouldn't have to judge them as having zero worth, just that they're worth less than designer handbags. That's why my best friend has all my logins, including e-mail accounts, and the six codes from the Origin site to retrieve account access if the e-mail account is no longer accessible. I leave it to my friend to judge the worth of keeping the accounts going, or to save the best items and let everything fall.

If a house is in a player town, but nobody had any contact with the owner for three months, and no one knew how to contact the person outside the game, evidently that individual was not as important to others as they may tell themselves. Someone was allegedly "a friend," but no one wondered where the person was? Then only the house was their concern, not the human being.

I kept my accounts going for almost four years with next to zero play. As frustrated as I was with the game, as many of my friends had quit, the accounts were still important enough to warrant $120 each per year, and ensuring the subscriptions remained active. One day I realized it had been six weeks since my last login, but I still wanted to check that my accounts were ok.

Last edited:

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
opinion seems to be split over the access list clearance. Probably between those who have friends and those who don't. The haves understand how friendships work in game and the lonely simply see it as a game mechanics and don't see the need.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Solution:

House Access Memory Tool.

Buy an upgrade code for $20 from Origin.com, the code upgrades your account and gives the HAM Tool, only code upgraded accounts can use the HAM T (this is in the hope that dupers can't profit from duping HAM Ts).

The HAM T copies and memorizes one (1) house sign access menu. Tool can only be used on a house you are co-owned, friended or accessed to and only copies the information up to your personal access level.

The HAM T can be used to copy your old house's access menu to your new house sign, saving you the trouble of individually accessing your other seven accounts to the new house, and/or the HAM T also allows the owner of the tool who had access to a house prior to it becoming idoc and having it's access list cleared to enter said idoc until it falls.

Remember the HAM T can only memorize one house sign access list at a time.