• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Additions to Publish 89

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hmmmm... I wonder if it can be coded that if you "own" a chest locked down in someone else's home and if the home goes into decay that chest can go to a Storage Master or something.. Just like when you are kicked out of your New Magincia stall. All the items go to the NPC and you have one week to collect them. That would allow the majority of people who are worried about not getting back their own stuff.

It does nothing to allow someone to reclaim their friend's items though but lets be serious unless you are going to be running scripts you are not going to get more than a few things before the masses outside the fallen house rush in and the grubbers snatch stuff up (assuming on the grubbers as I have yet to see it work).

But like I say at the end of every post I do on this topic I am very happy with the changes. Personally I wish they would lower that max IDOC time though. A 1-5 hour random drop time would promote people standing around and talking and stuff. With the 5-10-15 hour drops most of us will get a close time and only check at each of the drop times before leaving to come back.
Thats my two cents but no changes are needed as far as I am concerned.

Blood Ghoul

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those that have a account fail to renew are the same people who have stopped playing the game, don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise. Three months it takes to fall, that's three months of time they could have logged in and didn't.
Nope, I know I've been gone longer than 3 months with paid accounts, I didn't always have time to play but I kept accounts open. Of course some drift away and don't return, but to say nobody means to return is false. I know players who took breaks to study, to relocate to another country/job, when a new baby arrived....there are plenty of RL situations where players can take a gaming break and come back when they have more time.

Failure to renew has happened to me several times and my fella had that when he renewed last year to come back to UO. As for the fail to renew and no email combo, I've seen that first hand too. It didn't result in loss of a home, but it did factor in my decision to stop paying subs every month to maintain a UO home.

Wenchy

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
No, I can't say I've seen this happen to a friend. And I can say with all honesty that I've been playing close to 14 years with "breaks" in between. My acct stayed active during those breaks. The only time it came close to closing is when I, and I stress (I) forgot to update my CC expiration date. The fault was mine and I place it no where else. I never failed to receive an email when I was using gt codes, I never failed to receive an email when my cc expired. Sorry but I believe people need to take personal responsibility when their acct gets messed up with billing for the most part.

I'm on the "clear the access for everyone" bandwagon on an idoc.
And for the record, I do the occasional idoc, but I forgot about them more often then not.
Funny enough, with 22 accounts, most of which are active, only one account ever gets emails. The others... checking, the last email I got regarding any of them was in 2001.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember in the past I would get an email everyday for a week before the account expired. lol
Now I'm notified it has expired when I try to login :fight:
Always comes as a surprise

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, I know I've been gone longer than 3 months with paid accounts, I didn't always have time to play but I kept accounts open. Of course some drift away and don't return, but to say nobody means to return is false. I know players who took breaks to study, to relocate to another country/job, when a new baby arrived....there are plenty of RL situations where players can take a gaming break and come back when they have more time.

Failure to renew has happened to me several times and my fella had that when he renewed last year to come back to UO. As for the fail to renew and no email combo, I've seen that first hand too. It didn't result in loss of a home, but it did factor in my decision to stop paying subs every month to maintain a UO home.

Wenchy

Ok, sure.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if my friends house I live in on ATL..if that goes IDOC I have to fight for my belongings? Well once I get some confirmation I shall be moving it all accordingly..

I'll fight for your things..not my own
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if it stays as is.. if your friend does not pay bill 90 days after account goes bad.. it will start decay.. at that time you would no longer have access... so make sure you keep in touch at least every 89 days.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok well I won't know if he stops paying..he plays like once every 6 months..so I'll play it safe to not lose my armor on mannequins :)

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If your friend decided to close the account, you'd still lose your things. The difference is only five more days, albeit that the house starting to decay is a warning. Still, if you haven't heard from someone in six months, he's not much of a friend, is he?

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO friends are sometimes like Facebook friends. Some you know personally, some not. Some trust you, you trust some of them ... but with EA bound account management a friend cannot even hand over an account he is not able to pay and play for a longer time.
My guild leader mainly is playing WoW and is only sometimes seen for regular guild meeting in UO. If he does not appear, I have no reliable way to contact him, his ICQ is dead since years, email works, but may not, the guild website also is rarely maintained and visited.
So these 5 more days (if it are really 5 days) with the changing house status showing up on sign are the only hint you may get - but does not help, if you are ejected from the house.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay so here is a situation that happened on Catskills that I would like our development team to consider.

We had a friend of ours, dear to many but most especially dear to one of my friends Azura. He passed away unfortunately. There was special momentos, etc. that were in containers, which Azura was able to get out of the house prior to the collapse. If she had NOT been friended or co-owned to that house during its IDOC stages, she would NOT have been able to retrieve any of his belongings.

Sadly, one of the things we wanted to get were some of the books that he had written over the last decade + of his life that he kept in the house. He had locked them down so no one else could release them. They were lost. :(

So in situations like that, removing access from an IDOC is detrimental. And I can see that happening in more cases than just the death of a friend. Let's say a friend is in financial trouble for a while, and you want to help save whatever you can from his house so that when he returns you can give him some of the stuff you recovered for him.

I like the changes with the exception of clearing the access lists.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't the simplest solution just to clear the list and only leave co-owners?
I have to think that the overwhelming majority of co-owners are the house owners alt accounts anyway.

As for legit instances when someone wants to keep playing but simply cannot pay for the account I don't understand all the fuss.
If your dear friend is in such need wouldn't you simply buy him/her a game time token?
You help out a dear friend and you get your items.
Sounds pretty simple and logical to me.
The dev team cannot life proof every single aspect of the game

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it's all to combat scripters camping certain items, why not just set the house to priv ate and leave the friends list alone? If you are friended or co-owned the owner obviously trusted you, why cant the system? And if a scripter is not a co-owner/friend, then he can't camp an item.

Private good, but I can see no further real benefit for the clearing of the list

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For all we know, the list MUST be cleared for the house to go private because of coding. I dont know why you people seem to think the devs motivation for clearing the list had anything other to do with functionality.

I think its a much better tradeoff to clear the list than idoc scriptors monopolize idocs.

again, its what everyone asked for. obviously, in UO nothing can be perfect. there are limitations because of how old it is.

I for one would NOT want a month of dev time going to figuring out how to make a house go private automatically in this situation without clearing the list if that is not easily coded. I would much rather have less scriptors, but adjust slightly if i ever use someone elses house and make sure to only keep things i dont mind losing in it (which i do anyway) Not hard to keep more valueable things in the bank.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It just don't matter what they do. They change IDOC's and people moan. They then listen and change them to make it more fair, people STILL moan. Then people wonder why the dev's aren't that active on the boards. Dam if I was a dev and logged on here to see PAGES AND PAGES of people complaining it would put me off a bit. ITS A VIDEO GAME PEOPLE!!!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Y'all don't get yalls panties in a wad, geez. All is good, the glasses are rose colorded, and the birds are singing in the trees. Nothing more to see here, move along move along...

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yall can stop the banter. At last night's Baja Meet & Greet Mesanna clearly stated that the IDOC changes are going live as announced.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your friend decided to close the account, you'd still lose your things. The difference is only five more days, albeit that the house starting to decay is a warning. Still, if you haven't heard from someone in six months, he's not much of a friend, is he?
I'm not sure the fact that a friend I play with in UO isn't a good friend because he doesn't keep direct correspondence with me on a weekly or even monthly basis..it's not like we hang out IRL...I've been playing with someone in pixel land for a long time..so I use his house on a shard that isn't my main..if he dies, or simply doesn't pay his account because he plays this game like I said once every 6 months to see if it's still ****ty. But you're right!! Next time I talk to him I'll offer flight to my neck of the woods and we will go get some tea and crackers together and build our bond to stay more in touch..with all that sarcasm spouted I am not sure if you actually say certain things just to troll..or are just a mind numbing person...

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For all we know, the list MUST be cleared for the house to go private because of coding. I dont know why you people seem to think the devs motivation for clearing the list had anything other to do with functionality.
says who?
Its for each coowner exactly one click to , unless the house is one with vendors. So it's nothing, which a simple script should not be able to toggle as well. One flip of a yes/no field in the database I would assume.
*Salute*
Olahorand

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
says who?
Its for each coowner exactly one click to , unless the house is one with vendors. So it's nothing, which a simple script should not be able to toggle as well. One flip of a yes/no field in the database I would assume.
*Salute*
Olahorand
Theres most likely a huge difference between automated security change to private, and manual change to private via an actual owner. Yes it seems "simple" but as we've seen with UO before, things that seem extremely simple, like ability to stack for example, are too complicated to be worth the effort in the end.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure the fact that a friend I play with in UO isn't a good friend because he doesn't keep direct correspondence with me on a weekly or even monthly basis..it's not like we hang out IRL...I've been playing with someone in pixel land for a long time..so I use his house on a shard that isn't my main..if he dies, or simply doesn't pay his account because he plays this game like I said once every 6 months to see if it's still ******. But you're right!! Next time I talk to him I'll offer flight to my neck of the woods and we will go get some tea and crackers together and build our bond to stay more in touch..with all that sarcasm spouted I am not sure if you actually say certain things just to troll..or are just a mind numbing person...
Nobody ever said anything about having to meet with the person regularly in real life. Can you come up with any more straw men? I'm a "troll" just because you cannot understand the simple point?

Someone you don't hear from for six months is not much of a "friend," no matter what you choose to call the person, no matter how long you've known the person. Even young children should learn that someone is not a "friend" just because of occasional ball games after school, or sharing toys. Goldberg said it well: if the account is lapsing, why not buy a code for someone you call a "friend"? Of course, that presumes this is someone you hear from at least twice a year. If you put your things in a house belonging to someone who you have no way to contact outside of the game, then you may very well reap some consequences.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody ever said anything about having to meet with the person regularly in real life. Can you come up with any more straw men? I'm a "troll" just because you cannot understand the simple point?

Someone you don't hear from for six months is not much of a "friend," no matter what you choose to call the person, no matter how long you've known the person. Even young children should learn that someone is not a "friend" just because of occasional ball games after school, or sharing toys. Goldberg said it well: if the account is lapsing, why not buy a code for someone you call a "friend"? Of course, that presumes this is someone you hear from at least twice a year. If you put your things in a house belonging to someone who you have no way to contact outside of the game, then you may very well reap some consequences.
'Online gaming acquaintance' would probably be more apt than friend.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So let me get this right.

1. The instant I place a second house, when relocating, my first house goes into decay it auto becomes private, boots anyone out, and strips my co-owner and friends list? So I am forced to move alone with no assistance from other people or my other coowners unless I want to drag my stuff out side to load them up which is a HUGE double handling issue. (At the moment I place a teleporter in the new house linked to one in the old house and just lock my doors, and get my friends to assist taking stuff from one to the other with no double handling and no security issues.)

2. Grubbers (which I assume are the same quick little buggers that spawn on treasure chests) will have HOUSE loot on them, and the first person to cast an earthquake or other area spell will get sole looting rights on the dead grubber corpses?

Do NOT like either of those scenarios.

Surely

1. On relocation (or condemnation) the house can go private but leave all existing 'access' settings in place.
2. Grubbers are fine but should be imune to area spells or their hit points and resists should be upped so that they have time to disperse an no one person can kill em all with one spell.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

1. The instant I place a second house, when relocating, my first house goes into decay it auto becomes private, boots anyone out, and strips my co-owner and friends list? So I am forced to move alone with no assistance from other people or my other coowners unless I want to drag my stuff out side to load them up which is a HUGE double handling issue. (At the moment I place a teleporter in the new house linked to one in the old house and just lock my doors, and get my friends to assist taking stuff from one to the other with no double handling and no security issues.)

2. Grubbers (which I assume are the same quick little buggers that spawn on treasure chests) will have HOUSE loot on them, and the first person to cast an earthquake or other area spell will get sole looting rights on the dead grubber corpses?

Surely

1. On relocation (or condemnation) the house can go private but leave all existing 'access' settings in place.
2. Grubbers are fine but should be imune to area spells or their hit points and resists should be upped so that they have time to disperse an no one person can kill em all with one spell.
Did you seriously just pull out the "I have to move my stuff myself" card ? Really ?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Surely

She did say that you can go back and put yourself back on the Co-owner list. but you can't republic your house.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It just don't matter what they do. They change IDOC's and people moan. They then listen and change them to make it more fair, people STILL moan. Then people wonder why the dev's aren't that active on the boards. Dam if I was a dev and logged on here to see PAGES AND PAGES of people complaining it would put me off a bit. ITS A VIDEO GAME PEOPLE!!!
UO is a video game *checks himself into psych ward* *puts on his own jacket*

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She did say that you can go back and put yourself back on the Co-owner list. but you can't republic your house.
which also means, that the coowner with he packy, who may have locked down all the chests and placed all items in the past, is not able to unlock/redeem them any more by himself.
The same, if the owner account refreshes a decaying house and has to add the coowners/friends again - this means they lose the rights to unlock/rededeed their own stuff, unleass the owner unlocks it first and the original placer/owner of the item locks it down/secures/places it again.
What a tedious hassle ...
And how it fits in - just now EA account management seems not to work.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
which also means, that the coowner with he packy, who may have locked down all the chests and placed all items in the past, is not able to unlock/redeem them any more by himself.
The same, if the owner account refreshes a decaying house and has to add the coowners/friends again - this means they lose the rights to unlock/rededeed their own stuff, unleass the owner unlocks it first and the original placer/owner of the item locks it down/secures/places it again.
What a tedious hassle ...
And how it fits in - just now EA account management seems not to work.
Yep. Don't know if it's a worthy trade-off or not. I'm just worried about the places I'm co-owned to on other shards suddenly locking me out. But fortunately for me.... I have her phone # so if I find myself locked out I can at least call her and know instantly what's up. And as someone who has 10 accounts and you can bet your sweet potatoes that I'm "co-owned" to all my other homes I'd be pretty tore up if anything weird happened and I had to re-do all that work co-owning myself and stuff. Though for me I may have 10 accounts but I pretty much do 99% of all my decoing and such on ONE character. That's the only way to know who did what. And more often than not I work pretty hard to do things only on the house owner or that ONE character. Most all my other characters all 60+ of them... don't do any deco stuff. I also do most my purchases on one character. I do 99% of my turn in's for points on only ONE character... oddly enough it's the same guy who does 99% of my decoing. Keeps me out of trouble I guess having to fumble around with who did what.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you seriously just pull out the "I have to move my stuff myself" card ? Really ?
Yeah really. It takes forever to move 6000+ items some of which weigh 50,000 stones or more which all need to be deeded and all deco unlocked and packed etc etc. The time involved in spitting a chest containing 10,000 stones worth of items into crates of 1600 stones able to be put on a pack animal in itself is lengthy. A time factor more than anything else. I dont wanna spend double or triple the time moving stuff due to a technical issue made soley to satisfy ONE aspect of the game (idocs) at the expense of every home owner. Just leave the 'lists' as they are, just turn the house private when it goes condemned (I would normally do that anyways as I would be moving and unlocking loads of junk so wouldn't want strangers inside) and if you must strip the list then do it when it goes idoc. I have never moved castle locations without having a couple of friends help, it makes a tedious job more bearable. My houses are NEVER gonna go idoc, it is only relocation when they are ever likely to go into condemned mode.
Who said where? If I can re-co-own someone "to a condemned house" I don't mind. But need the source where it says you can re-co-own, and if that is the case my question would be why bother to strip the coownership to start with?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah really. It takes forever to move 6000+ items some of which weigh 50,000 stones or more which all need to be deeded and all deco unlocked and packed etc etc. The time involved in spitting a chest containing 10,000 stones worth of items into crates of 1600 stones able to be put on a pack animal in itself is lengthy. A time factor more than anything else. I dont wanna spend double or triple the time moving stuff due to a technical issue made soley to satisfy ONE aspect of the game (idocs) at the expense of every home owner. Just leave the 'lists' as they are, just turn the house private when it goes condemned (I would normally do that anyways as I would be moving and unlocking loads of junk so wouldn't want strangers inside) and if you must strip the list then do it when it goes idoc. I have never moved castle locations without having a couple of friends help, it makes a tedious job more bearable. My houses are NEVER gonna go idoc, it is only relocation when they are ever likely to go into condemned mode.

Who said where? If I can re-co-own someone "to a condemned house" I don't mind. But need the source where it says you can re-co-own, and if that is the case my question would be why bother to strip the coownership to start with?
Mesanna said it in her post.... if like you just placed a house and it condemns your current house it will wipe the list of your current house which you can then reco-own your own characters to from other accounts to move your things.. which if it clears the list is super silly anyway..... you can reco-own them and move... but you can't make your house public again while it's condemned.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
messsana said it.. you can re add.. just can't make public or it will revert back to private and re wipe

why? cuz its probably easier in the old uo code just to wipe

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna said it in her post.... if like you just placed a house and it condemns your current house it will wipe the list of your current house which you can then reco-own your own characters to from other accounts to move your things.. which if it clears the list is super silly anyway..... you can reco-own them and move... but you can't make your house public again while it's condemned.
Can you link to 'where' it is said? I went through this thread and either missed it or it is somewhere else

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
"BUT BUT BUT what if like I put stuff in my friend's house right, and then he like quits the game or DIES, and then I spend a month doing nothing about the situation, and then I spend another month doing absolutely nothing, and then I spend four more weeks after that not doing anything at all? I could lose my stuff with no chance to get it back... except for those several months I wasted!"

Seriously, shut up.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Yep. Don't know if it's a worthy trade-off or not. I'm just worried about the places I'm co-owned to on other shards suddenly locking me out. But fortunately for me.... I have her phone # so if I find myself locked out I can at least call her and know instantly what's up. And as someone who has 10 accounts and you can bet your sweet potatoes that I'm "co-owned" to all my other homes I'd be pretty tore up if anything weird happened and I had to re-do all that work co-owning myself and stuff. Though for me I may have 10 accounts but I pretty much do 99% of all my decoing and such on ONE character. That's the only way to know who did what. And more often than not I work pretty hard to do things only on the house owner or that ONE character. Most all my other characters all 60+ of them... don't do any deco stuff. I also do most my purchases on one character. I do 99% of my turn in's for points on only ONE character... oddly enough it's the same guy who does 99% of my decoing. Keeps me out of trouble I guess having to fumble around with who did what.
Exactly. I'll see your 10, and make it 17 houses. I do it all on a single character on a single account, otherwise it's madness.

Clear the house access list, now what? Ok, I can re-co-own my mains. That doesn't fix that every single lockdown and secure now has reverted to the house owner as the "locker down", not that one specific co-owner.

How about security on any of the containers, books, etc? Oh, right, that's all been cleared as well. Have a library or rune library, like I do? Have fun.

Banned anyone, esp for harassment? Same deal, it's all gone.

Even vendors... Ok, sure, you're still going to be able to access the vendor from the house sign, even though you can't step on the property. I'm lucky in this respect; all my houses save one are in "safe" areas. But what if it's a Fel house, or a house in the swamps, etc? I know of one vendor mall on Atlantic that I shop at where, whenever I recall in, I immediately run onto the house, to avoid all the lizardmen and bog things that spawn outside. I can only imagine the fun of trying to empty a vendor at such a house, while not able to safely stand on the house plot itself.

There is no way to know when an account was last paid, other than keeping track of it yourself. The account management page does not show this info unless you are currently active on an account. But even if you track payment dates for accounts, I've still seen houses go into decay far sooner than the 90 day mark. Forget about online friends; for anyone who has multiple houses, and some are on non-main accounts, the beginning of decay on a house was always the backup for when the systems bork something and you needed to get an account active. For all those who complain about those of us who use this system, cry me a river; it was specifically created this way by the devs for good reasons, and has been in place for a decade. I pay to play. I'd far rather that I could pay an upgrade fee to own additional houses, and not juggle accounts. But until that happens, no, I don't see the value in paying the price of a full monthly fee every single month simply to own a house, when that account is not getting any actual playtime benefit, nor putting any of the cost/load on the system that a "main" account would, by virtue of my not actually logging it in and using it.

Every other change is great, but clearing the access list is a huge problem. I have suggested possible things that would avoid the problems by this one change; those have been ignored by the devs, so let me suggest yet another:

Use the system that exists for system messages, like Magincia vendors or in-game code redemptions. The IDOC system kicks in when a house's owner's account reaches 90 days since the expiration of the last payment. How about if at 83 days, the system generates a caution message, "The house you are co-owner/friended to at coordinates 1234 5678 in [facet] will begin to decay in 7 days". That would give all of us, whether we own the house ourselves, have it as a guild house, or simply are using a friend's house, the warning we really need.

Last edited:

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
messsana said it.. you can re add.. just can't make public or it will revert back to private and re wipe

why? cuz its probably easier in the old uo code just to wipe
yeah, that's what i was thinking too. l-a-z-y.

seriously, what harm does it do to make the house private & leave the co-owner/friend/access list in tact?

Faenwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand:

Why some think it’s a good idea to wipe the access list. Sorry none of the arguments I was reading made any sense to me. Whipping it when the house turns finally IDOC… yes.

What are the reasons people don’t want the wipe out of the access list:
Moving, Vendor houses with storage chests for not owner vendors, Guild houses, rune libraries, people with more than one account, and so on.

I know now comes the ….. Just pay your accounts full time!

What are the reasons why someone isn’t paying an account full time?

Maybe some just can’t! They lost their job or whatever.... so they still try to keep their house because actually they WANT to play they just can't afford it at the moment and hope the bad times are over one day and they can play again.
Or they are soldiers or real sick and are gone for a few month.

Or some like me have more accounts just to keep old houses, guild houses, role-player houses or houses just for storage so they pay 1,2 or more accounts full time (I pay 3 accounts full time) and the rest all 4 month just to keep houses. I know people who have 30 accounts and more for different reasons whatever they are! And one char of one account is the one who has access everywhere to every single chest every house and locked down everything in every house ... why? Because it’s the only way to do it with so many houses else you go nuts trying to remember…. What char? What account?

And it can happen that you forget to reactivate a house because even when you are perfectly organized, **** happens. So you reactivate the account one single day to late…. Access list gone.

Again I hear…. Just pay the accounts full time! And all I can say…. That is extra money…. Extra money for a damn house those players pay. Why the hell is that bad? Those players pay full for accounts and they spent extra money for account they don’t play just to hold houses. And even when it’s just 13 euros all 4 month... ITS EXTRA MONEY!

Whatever the reason is why a house is condemned…. Why the hell is it so hard to understand that for those players whipping the access list is just a senseless pain in the neck!

just my 2 cents ....

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand:

Why some think it’s a good idea to wipe the access list. Sorry none of the arguments I was reading made any sense to me. Whipping it when the house turns finally IDOC… yes.

Moving, Vendor houses with storage chests for not owner vendors, Guild houses, rune libraries, people with more than one account, and so on.
You pretty much nailed it in that short opening couple of lines. Clearing the list at idoc status would have had the same end effect as the current changes but also avoided all of the problems that occur when you have multiple accounts and houses co-owned, guild houses etc as you hightlighted

Why they couldnt just do it that way I dont know but yet another good idea applied in a half witted way by the Dev team who i really dont think understand the game at all.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand:

I know now comes the ….. Just pay your accounts full time!

What are the reasons why someone isn’t paying an account full time?

Maybe some just can’t! They lost their job or whatever.... so they still try to keep their house because actually they WANT to play they just can't afford it at the moment and hope the bad times are over one day and they can play again.
Or they are soldiers or real sick and are gone for a few month.

Or some like me have more accounts just to keep old houses, guild houses, role-player houses or houses just for storage so they pay 1,2 or more accounts full time (I pay 3 accounts full time) and the rest all 4 month just to keep houses. I know people who have 30 accounts and more for different reasons whatever they are! And one char of one account is the one who has access everywhere to every single chest every house and locked down everything in every house ... why? Because it’s the only way to do it with so many houses else you go nuts trying to remember…. What char? What account?

And it can happen that you forget to reactivate a house because even when you are perfectly organized, **** happens. So you reactivate the account one single day to late…. Access list gone.

Again I hear…. Just pay the accounts full time! And all I can say…. That is extra money…. Extra money for a damn house those players pay. Why the hell is that bad? Those players pay full for accounts and they spent extra money for account they don’t play just to hold houses. And even when it’s just 13 euros all 4 month... ITS EXTRA MONEY!

Whatever the reason is why a house is condemned…. Why the hell is it so hard to understand that for those players whipping the access list is just a senseless pain in the neck!

just my 2 cents ....
My account has lapsed and my house is falling. Luckily I have multi acounts that are coowned to the falling house. I can enter and take the contents out and bypass that monthy fee of restarting the account to claim my items....

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My account has lapsed and my house is falling. Luckily I have multi acounts that are coowned to the falling house. I can enter and take the contents out and bypass that monthy fee of restarting the account to claim my items....
And this is on Origin or Mugen? Because the publish that clears the access list is not active anywhere but there, unless I am mistaken.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This. They want some penny for recovering items.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But since (if?) someone knows a house is collapsing, why not plan to get the items within 90 days, rather than using decay as the alert?

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Making attending Idocs a mini game is an awesome idea! Kudos to whoever had that one. Part of me wishes it was not limited to grubers, and I am inspired by the technical changes to the loot that allows the system to see it as something more than what it is. :) (and limiting access)

I can think of all sorts of non player characters that would be interested in the loot from a decaying house or a "ruins". Gypsies, brigands, dragons, oh yes, dragons.

Thanks Devs for taking an old system and making it fresh. :)
GYPSES, TRAMPS AND THIVES

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
But since (if?) someone knows a house is collapsing, why not plan to get the items within 90 days, rather than using decay as the alert?
If it's a storage house, you likely have it because you don't actually have that much extra storage all at once at the houses you plan to keep.