• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Additional Testers Added to NLS

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings all, We are in the process of adding additional people to the access list for the New Legacy Shard. You will be getting a NDA to sign as soon as I have that returned I will be adding you to the Slack channel we communicate with. Since we have over 700 people sign up for the beta testing we are just pulling from the stone originally placed. Good luck and watch your emails for invitations. UO Team

Continue reading...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
they must be maxed out on their crusty old bitter man quota because i dont see anything in my 'in box'.
and get off my lawn you damn kids!!!!!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Wingspan: Oceania Expansion beta is now available! To join, download Steam to your PCs or MACs and activate the key below in Steam Launcher:

Oops wrong game.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
can we take a second to unpack one piece of information that im finding kind of interesting:

Since we have over 700 people sign up for the beta testing ....
not gonna lie, i didn't even think we had 1000 people left here, the fact that 700 are in the alpha testing and they are bringing in more AND i have yet to actually run into anyone who is IN the testing....
well colour me impressed!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
can we take a second to unpack one piece of information that im finding kind of interesting:

not gonna lie, i didn't even think we had 1000 people left here, the fact that 700 are in the alpha testing and they are bringing in more AND i have yet to actually run into anyone who is IN the testing....
Only 50 were In the first round. 700 applied, so they feel that is enough to choose from that batch.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think it said 700 applicants which is very different than 700 people. If it's some of the housing / scripting people with 10+ accounts that number can easily be divided by 5-10.

To completely steal something from Vic - I think a more realistic number of people applying was likely between 100 and about tree-fitty.

I'm glad they are bringing in more applicants. When I initially read that, I started wondering if they are asking for more people to test server load / have more types of people test different things or if it was because out of the 50 applicants they initially chose only X percent of people are still actively testing (ie they brought on some people that logged in once or twice and haven't been back). It might be a little bit of both but I would imagine that it's going to be hard finding testers that would rather spend time on NL Alpha instead of Halloween content (Feudal ToT).

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
My guess is that the first 50 testers said "this sucks" and quit playing already.
i was wondering if it was a language barrier. when i was signing up I was seeing lot of them chatting with foreign characters near the statue.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My guess is that the first 50 testers said "this sucks" and quit playing already.
If you select 50 people it may that not all Show up. As I heard that the playerbase life in different timezones. So if you need support from each other you are alone if not living in the major tz.
That cause Frustration and Therefore only half of 50 Stay there.
They should use 300 for Such an test.

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you select 50 people it may that not all Show up. As I heard that the playerbase life in different timezones. So if you need support from each other you are alone if not living in the major tz.
That cause Frustration and Therefore only half of 50 Stay there.
They should use 300 for Such an test.
That would be everyone that’s left playing

At least they wouldn’t need the NDA