• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Chat system

Althun

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Returning player here. How the heck do I use the chat system? Is there a button I need to hit? Sure don't tell any where that I can find anyway. I see ppl talking in chat and don't know how they do it. I can't even talk in the help channel if I wanted to. Some help please! :/

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Returning player here. How the heck do I use the chat system? Is there a button I need to hit? Sure don't tell any where that I can find anyway. I see ppl talking in chat and don't know how they do it. I can't even talk in the help channel if I wanted to. Some help please! :/
Are you in the classic or enhanced client?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Perhaps this will help.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, just as a reminder:

, talks in your active chat channel
/ talks in your party's channel (when partied)
\ talks in your guild's chat channel
| talks in your alliance's chat channel
: lets you say something as emote (boxes the statement on-screen between * *). Used to say you're doing an action your character can't actually do, for acting purposes, like walking up to the silly knight and *farting in his general direction*
; whispers. This is only visible to people next to you, and IIRC can be used to give commands to pets that don't spam the screen for people with you. - Note that parrots can hear it, and can repeat it - which means you can really screw with people by whispering from across the room and having the parrots say odd stuff to them seemingly out of nowhere.