• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO BOYCOTT SCHEDULED FOR NEXT BILLING CYCLE

R

randommatter

A Group of vet players (we are in the 200s now) are staging a 1 month walkout of Ultima Online to send a message to the Staff at EA that things need to change. During the Month of MARCH 2008 when your billing cycle comes up, if you agree with us, please refrain from renewing your membership to Ultima Online for 30 days and join us in this walkout. Go into your account management tool on uo.com and remove your billing information right now so you don't forget.

I know it's a big sacrafice to ask you folks, you won't lose your house, belongings, or anything else (if you have vendors just stock them up and pay them up for 30 days).

What we are demanding from EA is the following:

1) Weekly staff run activities on the major shards (For Both Tram and Fel Citizens)
2) GM's that actually respond when called (no more links to web pages).
3) Shift focus from WoW based "Ultima Online" to Origin based Ultima Online (re-do the interface on the 3D client to match the commands and functionality that we are all used to and want in our game).
4) Instead of Banning People hold their account in some kind of stockade so we can throw snowballs and rotten tomatoes at them when they login and see they can't go anywhere and their heads, and arms are locked in a wooden stockade. (This will be fun, and it will belittle the cheaters). Make them spend their money paying for their account and give them 30, 60 and 90 day punishments after the 3rd offense. Each offense after that make them do it 90 days each time. This way you still have money coming in for their accounts and you can use it to fix the game.
5) We want to dye our clothing & Armor any color we want to.
6) Stop giving the Japanese shards different / better stuff then we have first, that's discriminatory. We want the same crap, they get tokens for Tokuno Dyes and we don't? WTF is that? K Thanks.
7) Stop acting like ****s, we don't want to hear that you don't have time to fix in game issues, or come talk to us when we have a problem, but you do have time to run around building huge modifications to code so you can burn buildings down in Luna. No one but you cares that you did that. We care that you are making an attempt to secure the game, fix the game. FIX THE GAME, stop blaming your customers for "Exploiting" and FIX THE GAME. The problem rests with you people spending MORE TIME CHASING PEOPLE then FIXING YOUR GAME. FIX THE GAME. If the code isn't working the way it should FIX THE GAME. One more time... FIX THE GAME. No one wants to see you guys beating your chest and telling everyone how mighty you are burning buildings down and deleting accounts. We just don't give a rats ass. What we want is you to FIX THE GAME. I don't want to stumble on something accidently that lets me make money and find out later that you people are calling it an exploit. "Oh yah, buying from a vendor and selling somewhere else is against the rules", my god what the F()* are you talking about? I never did it, never even heard of it, but it sounds like a very REASONABLE thing to do to make gold. So what! If someone wants to waste 14 hours a day making 3m gold a day doing that crap by all means LET THEM. Holy [censored] how boring can that be. About as boring as fishing for the same loot because some [censored] dev's can't make new stuff because they are being forced to chase people that buy and sell from vendors? How about FIX THE GAME? Add new content, refresh items, add items, trinkets, fun stuff. How about FIX THE GAME and stop blaming your customers.

Anyway, as you can see from the post I made earlier that Jeremy ignored completely, this needs to be done. The more people that do it, the more serious they will take it. We have 247 people right now I just went over the list. That's not a lot of money I know... but if we can get a few thousand voices that would be great... Please join us, even if you are on the fence about it, spring is coming, you could do some spring cleaning, play that awesome game witcher (incredible I love it), spend more time with your family, take a break from the "Cyber Crack" (EA refers to this game as Cyber Crack internally and makes fun of us for playing it and fighting over it like we do).
Also please post in this thread and let me know you are joining us. We can make a difference.

G

Realism > Idealism

You won't accomplish a thing with this "protest"
Enjoy your month.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) some people pay 6 months at a time. They won't see that as a lose.

2) They'd probably just see that as a decline in players instead of a protest - and would be more likley to pull the plug or cut back even more instead of spend more money.

R

randommatter

<blockquote><hr>

Realism &gt; Idealism

You won't accomplish a thing with this "protest"
Enjoy your month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will a real nay sayer please stand up, please stand up, please stand up? Ok grumpy smurf "I hate Idealism".

I got a ton of icq's so far... we are at about 430 now.

G

1.) Assuming an average of 2 accounts per person, that's about 860/100,000. Not too bad, but not that significant.
2.) How can you guarantee that all the people who say they're taking part, actually will?

R

randommatter

<blockquote><hr>

1.) Assuming an average of 2 accounts per person, that's about 860/100,000. Not too bad, but not that significant.
2.) How can you guarantee that all the people who say they're taking part, actually will?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because these people understand and are committed to creating change in UO. I don't think it is over the line to think that 2000 people would be willing to do this for the greater good. We can create change, a wake up call is when EA loses 2k+ Member Subscribers for one month as a statement. Because the next wake up call might be a lot worse...

It's also a huge threat in another entirely different way. These 2000 plus people could actually realize that there is life beyond UO. They might find other things to do, they might get "UnHooked" during that 30 day period. If that happens, they might not play anymore... allowing this to go the 30 days without making a big announcement saying "We are working on this" could be extremely damaging to their bottom line.

I think EA will have to respond to this. I feel it could change things if people do it. I am going to do it. I have 8 Accounts.

T

Tazar

I, for one, will spend my month enjoying UO - as I have for the last 10.5 years.

R

randommatter

<blockquote><hr>

I, for one, will spend my month enjoying UO - as I have for the last 10.5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you will, thanks for the statement MODERATOR. You wouldn't of course be able to say anything else being affiliated. Please refrain from posting in my thread, I don't care was EA and EA affiliates think of this message it isn't for you people. It's for the people that actually aren't up EA's ass and play to have fun. K Thanks bye.

BTW: We are up to over 1500 people now &amp; Growing. Thanks to you supporters who have been icq'ing me.

G

I wish you well in your attempt.

I would join you too, except that I only pay with 6 month option, never have paid month to month.

Will you be posting your final number of volunteers?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you will, thanks for the statement MODERATOR. You wouldn't of course be able to say anything else being affiliated. Please refrain from posting in my thread, I don't care was EA and EA affiliates think of this message it isn't for you people. It's for the people that actually aren't up EA's ass and play to have fun. K Thanks bye.

BTW: We are up to over 1500 people now &amp; Growing. Thanks to you supporters who have been icq'ing me.

[/ QUOTE ]I know how conspiracies work, and all... Any denial is part of the conspiracy...
But... Dude... You're way off...

Don't you think that if Stratics was affiliated with EA, they'd be doing more than parroting the news posted on herald, and giving the devs little "V" shields?

Anyway... Are we ever going to see any proof of these 1,500 people existing?
Not to mention, as I stated before, proof that they're participating?

R

randommatter

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I know how conspiracies work, and all... Any denial is part of the conspiracy...
But... Dude... You're way off...

Don't you think that if Stratics was affiliated with EA, they'd be doing more than parroting the news posted on herald, and giving the devs little "V" shields?

Anyway... Are we ever going to see any proof of these 1,500 people existing?
Not to mention, as I stated before, proof that they're participating?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow is this your non-moderator account? Anyway, about 70% of the people said they were afraid to post it on stratics when they messaged me. They said they were worried about retailiation from Stratics, EA getting their IP's etc... so I guess you folks at Stratics have a worse reputation than I knew about. I kind of like it here as long as you Moderators stay out of the rant channel.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wow is this your non-moderator account? Anyway, about 70% of the people said they were afraid to post it on stratics when they messaged me. They said they were worried about retailiation from Stratics, EA getting their IP's etc... so I guess you folks at Stratics have a worse reputation than I knew about. I kind of like it here as long as you Moderators stay out of the rant channel.

[/ QUOTE ]Counting out about 70% of 1,500 still leaves 450... Where are they?

1,500 imaginary comrades-at-arms is quite an accomplishment.

Anyway, putting aside the doubts about existence of your army, outside of your own head, here's a little bit of statistical thought.
Across the MMO industry, there is what is known as "churn".
Consider it as noise on the subscription graph. People quit, and join, MMOs more regularly than the players see.
Although the monthly rate of churn is not a known statistic, it's believed by analysts to be &gt;5%
Is your little protest really going to distinguish itself from an anomaly in the standard rate of churn?

P.S. If I were a moderator, and part of some big EAMythic conspiracy, I'd be conspiring with my evil peers to find a reason to ban you, for fostering dissent.
Oh, wait... There's the clause at the end of the RoC:

6. TERMINATION
Stratics shall have the right to immediately terminate any Participant's use of the Stratics site if Stratics determines in its sole discretion that Participant has violated the Rules of Conduct set forth herein or otherwise breached this agreement, or has engaged in conduct which Stratics determines in its sole discretion to be unacceptable.

R

randommatter

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Counting out about 70% of 1,500 still leaves 450... Where are they?

1,500 imaginary comrades-at-arms is quite an accomplishment.

Anyway, putting aside the doubts about existence of your army, outside of your own head, here's a little bit of statistical thought.
Across the MMO industry, there is what is known as "churn".
Consider it as noise on the subscription graph. People quit, and join, MMOs more regularly than the players see.
Although the monthly rate of churn is not a known statistic, it's believed by analysts to be &gt;5%
Is your little protest really going to distinguish itself from an anomaly in the standard rate of churn?

P.S. If I were a moderator, and part of some big EAMythic conspiracy, I'd be conspiring with my evil peers to find a reason to ban you, for fostering dissent.
Oh, wait... There's the clause at the end of the RoC:

6. TERMINATION
Stratics shall have the right to immediately terminate any Participant's use of the Stratics site if Stratics determines in its sole discretion that Participant has violated the Rules of Conduct set forth herein or otherwise breached this agreement, or has engaged in conduct which Stratics determines in its sole discretion to be unacceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imaginary, lol when I logged into my computer the last few days in the morning, my trillian loads up and then it sounds like a ping machine gun goes off for 5 minutes. The first day I posted this I got a lot of icq's. I also posted in a few other places. When I woke up the next morning I had my speakers on pretty high, and the sound woke up the whole house. I assure you they don't find your imaginary army amusing it was pretty damn early.

If you were a moderator and you banned me for doing what I am supposed to do in the channel I'm in, the guy that runs this site would unmoderate you and I'd have my account back in less than 24 hours. I know that the executive staff here have been receiving a lot of complaints about moderators lately, so I'd be careful where I tred.

As to your comment about anything else above... it is truly interesting that you know an industry word like "Churn" and what it means/how it effects MMORPG. I'll leave the rest of the community to draw their own conclusions on what that means, but I would say it is pathetic that you care so much if you aren't directly involved in the chain (and simply being a user wouldn't involve you to the degree you are responding).

Have a great day ++1 to Me.

I am &gt; U

T

Tazar

Moderator or no, I am still entitled to my opinion as are you. My position at Stratics is strictly volunteer and is in no way associated with EA, OSI, or EA-Mythic so your conspiracy theory about the mods is bust.

I have no inside information, no hidden agendas, nor secret pacts with EA. I come to uo to have FUN (as I have for 10.5 years). and I do have fun!

Sorry you seem to get your only fun from ranting....

Personally, I'd rather help build up the community rather than tear it down.

G

Please see Magdalene's response in the Paris Hilton thread.

Randommatter? That goes for you as well unless you've already done so.

Thanks!

B

BasilBrush

I think I will take that to the next year myself, In the 5 years I have played UO it gets less and less enjoyable as I play. In between my client crashing and losing items due to various bugs/changes in policy and other crap too numerous to say. Seeing people who have hacked my accounts still playing the game, people killing me using hacks still playing the game. I do not have the time to read every change they make so I get caught out a bit (working a 50 hour week does that). They have made so many character types irrelevant, taken a lot of the community out of the game, So what is the point of the game anymore!!

The point in the game of UO is money, pure and simple.

The creators of UO have lost sight of a few facts of life.

People who believe in something will fight for it.
Loyalty will always be compromised when money becomes the central issue.
Changing a game does not always make it better.

O

Officerdg

Enjoying? How can u enjoy TRASH thats all this game has come to trash hacks cheats speeders whatever u wanna call it. Dont try to say I havent enjoyed the game becouse I have 8 accts and am now only paying for 6 soon to be a possible 0. They dont care about this game at all. CASE and POINT! 6 Town Halls? R U FRICKEN kidding me? Thats about 1/2 what they did last year! Just more proof that they dont care for this game and are gonna pull the plug first chance they get. They are gonna leave soo many ppl out of the town halls its not funny. I wish you guys luck on yer BOYCOTT I would GLADLY join in but I pay for all mine 6 months at a time, so they already STOLE my money for a while.

G

Cancelled subscriptions all 3 of my accounts. Good luck.

Oh, and no matter what they say, the Stratics mods ARE affiliated with EA. Living proof of this is Sheridans "The state of U.Hall Adress" post in which he cowed down to EA pressure and told us to behave like good little boys and girls as EA will stop posting here if we dont.

O

Officerdg

Im down to 4 now just cancelled 2 more. Of course those 2 will remain open for a few more months as they already took my money for them. But not any more.

N

NowAndForever

3 accts...4 at times.
One I cannot cancel due to odd issue. But other 3 are gonna be off . EA is full of it.

I

imported_Archerette

RTLFC...

LMAO 1500 people, more like 4-5 people...

You are sure going to show them at EA...

*yawn*

I

imported_Lord Kynd

aww it got moved
guess your protest got moved to another country where protesting isn't legal ?

if EA really pisses you off then DON"T suppport them in anyway shape or form.. don't buy anything affiliated with EA, don't let your kids play or have anything EA affiliated.
that is about what YOU can do.

R

randommatter

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC...

LMAO 1500 people, more like 4-5 people...

You are sure going to show them at EA...

*yawn*

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'll let your sig picture say it all... trammie. BTW: Tard, over 400 people viewed this thread so far... (not even close to the total people who have seen it in other threads on other boards!) a lot of people have had 4, 5, 6 and 10 accounts... who have icq'd me. They are closing all of them
The total number so far (I have a spread sheet) is approaching 1900 accounts closing off for 30 days.

G

<blockquote><hr>

BTW: Tard, over 400 people viewed this thread so far... (not even close to the total people who have seen it in other threads on other boards!) a lot of people have had 4, 5, 6 and 10 accounts... who have icq'd me. They are closing all of them
The total number so far (I have a spread sheet) is approaching 1900 accounts closing off for 30 days.

[/ QUOTE ]1.) Personal attack.
2.) That's over 400 total views, which includes multiple views by individuals.
3.) 1,900 accounts is still barely significant, compared to average MMO churn.

R

randommatter

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

BTW: Tard, over 400 people viewed this thread so far... (not even close to the total people who have seen it in other threads on other boards!) a lot of people have had 4, 5, 6 and 10 accounts... who have icq'd me. They are closing all of them

[/ QUOTE ]

Really it includes multiple views? That's interesting because I thought it was session based, Funny I log in and out of this thread and the count never changes when I refresh... Perhaps you need to get a life and stop trolling.

You say personal attack, yet all you have been doing is personally attacking my thoughts where you have not been invited. Hypocrit.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Really it includes multiple views? That's interesting because I thought it was session based, Funny I log in and out of this thread and the count never changes when I refresh... Perhaps you need to get a life and stop trolling.

You say personal attack, yet all you have been doing is personally attacking my thoughts where you have not been invited. Hypocrit.

[/ QUOTE ]Before I posted, I opened up a dozen tabs of the thread.
Viola! The view count went up by 12.

Let's do a little defining here.
A "personal attack" is not a blanket term for an attack that's done personally (as opposed to, I suppose, proxy attacks).
A personal attack is when you attack the person behind the post. The poster, if you will.
There is no rule against disagreeing with a bad idea. Much less "attacking" it with disproof.

F

Fayled Dhreams

hmmm
Threads started by randommatter
<pre>
Selling a really nice fel keep - bid here please or PM me whichever UO Trade Lake Superior randommatter 10/29/07
Selling full grizzled armor suit - offer in reply or PM me whichever UO Trade Lake Superior randommatter 10/29/07
Buying Assassin Armor Set (Full) UO Trade Lake Superior randommatter 10/29/07
Looking for a luna house paying well UO Trade Lake Superior randommatter 11/27/07
Selling Tram Yew Gate Vendor House - 5 tiles from gate UO Trade Lake Superior randommatter 11/27/07
Buying White Pearls - In Bulk Please icq me UO Trade Lake Superior randommatter 11/27/07
Buying +60 Ancient Hammer on LS - Paying Well. UO Trade Lake Superior randommatter 12/04/07
My Daily Rant... On Banning people UO Spiels n' Rants randommatter 01/06/08
SELLING YEW GATE TRAM VENDOR HOUSE 5 TILES from GATE UO Trade Lake Superior randommatter 01/20/08
I wonder if EA knows their Login Servers have been down? UO Spiels n' Rants randommatter 01/22/08

No comment at all by randommatter 02/12/08 DRACONI YOU ARE THE MAN

UO BOYCOTT SCHEDULED FOR NEXT BILLING CYCLE UO Spiels n' Rants randommatter 02/16/08
Might as well Boycott Stratics while you're at it... UO Spiels n' Rants randommatter 02/25/08</pre>

hmmmm

that is all

hmmmm

R

randommatter

<blockquote><hr>

hmmm
<pre>
Selling a really nice fel keep - bid here please or PM me whichever UO Trade Lake Superior randommatter 10/29/07
Selling full grizzled armor suit - offer in reply or PM me whichever UO Trade Lake Superior randommatter 10/29/07
Buying Assassin Armor Set (Full) UO Trade Lake Superior randommatter 10/29/07
Looking for a luna house paying well UO Trade Lake Superior randommatter 11/27/07
Selling Tram Yew Gate Vendor House - 5 tiles from gate UO Trade Lake Superior randommatter 11/27/07
Buying White Pearls - In Bulk Please icq me UO Trade Lake Superior randommatter 11/27/07
Buying +60 Ancient Hammer on LS - Paying Well. UO Trade Lake Superior randommatter 12/04/07
My Daily Rant... On Banning people UO Spiels n' Rants randommatter 01/06/08
SELLING YEW GATE TRAM VENDOR HOUSE 5 TILES from GATE UO Trade Lake Superior randommatter 01/20/08
I wonder if EA knows their Login Servers have been down? UO Spiels n' Rants randommatter 01/22/08

No comment at all by randommatter 02/12/08 DRACONI YOU ARE THE MAN

UO BOYCOTT SCHEDULED FOR NEXT BILLING CYCLE UO Spiels n' Rants randommatter 02/16/08
Might as well Boycott Stratics while you're at it... UO Spiels n' Rants randommatter 02/25/08</pre>

hmmmm

that is all

hmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you are a Class A Weirdo. Let's go and look at what Random posts 8 months ago... hmmm.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Ha! mesmerized ...
You only started 4 ago!

yet there you are ... saying 8 ....

hmmmm

cluck like a chicken

*hears the internet laugh-track*

R

randommatter

<blockquote><hr>

Ha! mesmerized ...
You only started 4 ago!

yet there you are ... saying 8 ....

hmmmm

cluck like a chicken

*hears the internet laugh-track*

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't bother counting, I used the number 8 to emphasize what a weirdo you were.. You did it better by actually counting it and bringing it up like it was a line item LOLS. 120 Days ago... You went back 120 days... WOW.... WEIRDO..

I'd list your posts, but I don't have enough time... I mean you must really be some weirdo internet freak to sit on a board for 5 years counting people's posts and posting almost 6 THOUSAND times...

Let's break that down shall we? If it were just 2 minutes a post... then we are talking about almost 200 HOURS of posting... when you could have been like... paying attention to your kids, or your husband/wife... or... you probably don't have a life, husband/wife, or kids right? Which is how/why you can post almost 6,000 times and still have the time to count other people's posts?

(You are actually scary, perhaps you are one of those stalking wierdo types?) Since I've never even heard from you before, never responded to anything you posted, and you bring up my post history... that's disturbing behavior.

I'll end this off by making an observation... Your board name: "Fayled Dhreams" says it all about you doesn't it? You are a sad, miserable little failure aren't you? k thanks bye.

F

Fayled Dhreams

*Reach's over*

*Fixes hat on randommatters head*

*pats cap, grins into the vacant grinning face*

Now your a monkey ..... dance monkey dance ...

*hears the louder internet laugh-track*

I

imported_PurplePurple

i closed all my actts this month and the only reason i will open one back up is to give the things to a friend. so people they didnt like me do not get them

F

Fayled Dhreams

5896 over 12/05/03 - 2/28/08
From and including: Friday, December 5, 2003 at 1:00:00 AM
To, but not including : Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 1:00:00 AM
The duration is 1546 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds
Or 4 years, 2 months, 23 days excluding the end date

5896 / 1546 = 3.81 ... call it 4 a day

87 over 10/29/07 -2/28/08
Duration calculation results
From and including: Monday, October 29, 2007 at 1:00:00 AM
To, but not including : Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 1:00:00 AM
The duration is 122 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds
Or 3 months, 30 days excluding the end date

122 / 87 = 1.40 ... call it 1 1/2 per day

*shrugs*
That I talk more doesn't make YOU any smarter ...
OR
Make your Assumptions any better ..
pity that ...
but ... maybe theres hope for ya ...
doubtful but ... maybe.

Scammer

someone oughta "do a deal" ... just to gift you a bannzor ...
oh wait ...
you'll be "boycotting" ... THATS why you can't deliver tainted goods ...
pfft!

dance faster ... FASTER !!

R

randommatter

<blockquote><hr>

Scammer

oh wait ...
pfft!

[/ QUOTE ]

My son still plays, and he wanted his tub sold. I put it up on stratics for him because he doesn't have an account here and didn't want to fill one out. Not that I have to explain myself to you, but since you were deciding to ASSume I figured I'd let you in on it.

I told him about the boycot, he plays on the weekends and he's getting ready to quit so he's selling off his stuff slowly into gold so he can trade his IRL friend a gadget for the gold.

As to the word scammer, interesting. No one has ever called me that. I've done plenty of "Deals" with people.

Neon dye tubs are common enough and purchased and sold regularly. My son bought his for $125 about a year ago.

Just because you are jealous of a 15 year old doesn't give you the right to slander me.

R

randommatter

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Scammer

oh wait ...
pfft!

[/ QUOTE ]

My son still plays, and he wanted his tub sold. I put it up on stratics for him because he doesn't have an account here and didn't want to fill one out. Not that I have to explain myself to you, but since you were deciding to ASSume I figured I'd let you in on it.

I told him about the boycot, he plays on the weekends and he's getting ready to quit so he's selling off his stuff slowly into gold so he can trade his IRL friend a gadget for the gold.

As to the word scammer, interesting. No one has ever called me that. I've done plenty of "Deals" with people.

Neon dye tubs are common enough and purchased and sold regularly. My son bought his for $125 about a year ago.

Just because you are jealous of a 15 year old doesn't give you the right to slander me.

[/ QUOTE ]

P.S. You are still a real weirdo. You say things like "just because of this, doesn't make you smarter than me..." odd... I didn't ever call you stupid, I called you weird. There is a difference you know. Weird is like when you stalk people whom you never spoke with and comment on their past like you are familiar with them. That's pretty weird.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Jealous? no ...
pity would be closer ...
I mean ... actually Paying rl $ for pixels
pffft! pity you couldn't find anything better for 100+ dollars ...
even canadian ... shoulda gotten more than pixels ...
just saying ... not me ... okay for you, fine ...fools and bank balances and alla that

As for "scammer" yeah .... kinda a edgy call ...specially about pixels and fools and gold and such ...
Still "taking $" for a KNOWN dodgy item ...
I quote thee:
<blockquote><hr>

A leather dye tub that any age account can used that allows you to dye armor any color that a regular cloth dye tub can dye. They are not bannable (because GM's made them by mistake), but EA reserves the right to delete, or fix this tub if they see it. They are pretty darn rare.

[/ QUOTE ]
from the linky
Me thinks that scammer might apply ... just saying ... you might indeed find a sucker .. THEN you might be called one, by them ... IF
They are not bannable ... turns out to be untrue ... never know in the EA world ... personally I'd want that in writting from EA ... not the guy I was buying from.
And Still again ... hard sell set aside ...
"but EA reserves the right to delete, or fix this tub if they see it. They are pretty darn rare. "
Good of you to mention the obvious ... EA reserves the right ...
(if bought ... YOU ain't gonna give the money back ... even the MARK realizes that)
Hmmm, actually ... the "They are pretty darn rare. " SHOULD raise some more questions ...Indeed? says WHO? gotta little history as to WHY?

Oh, you'll do allright ... not much chance of the buyer being any more sophisticated than to just impulse buy it ...
no chance you'll get stung, set up, robbed and/or banned ...

'Tis randommatter after all

hehehehe

you keep on thinking ... its what your good at

R

randommatter

<blockquote><hr>

Jealous? no ...
pity would be closer ...
I mean ... actually Paying rl $ for pixels
pffft! pity you couldn't find anything better for 100+ dollars ...
even canadian ... shoulda gotten more than pixels ...
just saying ... not me ... okay for you, fine ...fools and bank balances and alla that

As for "scammer" yeah .... kinda a edgy call ...specially about pixels and fools and gold and such ...
Still "taking $" for a KNOWN dodgy item ...
I quote thee:
<blockquote><hr>

A leather dye tub that any age account can used that allows you to dye armor any color that a regular cloth dye tub can dye. They are not bannable (because GM's made them by mistake), but EA reserves the right to delete, or fix this tub if they see it. They are pretty darn rare.

[/ QUOTE ]
from the linky
Me thinks that scammer might apply ... just saying ... you might indeed find a sucker .. THEN you might be called one, by them ... IF
They are not bannable ... turns out to be untrue ... never know in the EA world ... personally I'd want that in writting from EA ... not the guy I was buying from.
And Still again ... hard sell set aside ...
"but EA reserves the right to delete, or fix this tub if they see it. They are pretty darn rare. "
Good of you to mention the obvious ... EA reserves the right ...
(if bought ... YOU ain't gonna give the money back ... even the MARK realizes that)
Hmmm, actually ... the "They are pretty darn rare. " SHOULD raise some more questions ...Indeed? says WHO? gotta little history as to WHY?

Oh, you'll do allright ... not much chance of the buyer being any more sophisticated than to just impulse buy it ...
no chance you'll get stung, set up, robbed and/or banned ...

'Tis randommatter after all

hehehehe

you keep on thinking ... its what your good at

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone that knows neon tubs understands the concepts. As to bannable or unbannable I paged on something entirely different (my bow needed to be fixed) and discussed the matter in length with a GM. They said this:

The item you are inquring about is not supported by Game Masters at this time. This item however is subject to change, and is not offically deemed legal by the development team. The development team may at anytime remove or alter the item or any item in game without prior warning to the community if deemed necessary. Please know that ownership of the item is at your own risk.
Thank you for your support and cooperation.

(Someone else posted this somewhere, but this is what was told to me so I copied it).

As to the 125 my son spent it was his money, he earned it, and since he is without responsibility (no kids, mortgage or car) seemed like a nice thing for him to have. If I were to spend $125 on a tub it would be as ancillary as buying a pack of chewing gum, again failure I suppose it is all from what vantage you sit (failure v success - easy for a failure to try and justify the fact that $125 is out of their reach and not out of a 15 yr old's by casting dispursion... hidden in pity we know your true feelings of inadequacy.). As I said I paged on my bow and asked the question before he bought it so he knew what he was getting into.

Dodgy? I don't think so. Many tubs have been sold on stratics (and he is selling for pixels, not cash) As I said before, most people that know tubs know these facts, your lack of knowledge in the area which drew/draws you to the conclusions you come to is no excuse. Slander is slander.

Anyway I put you on ignore, so I will no longer see the body of any of your posts. No offense but you are really too disturbing to converse with. As I said before please lay off the crack pipe.

P.S. This is what it looks like:

Fayled Dhreams
Grand Poobah

Reged: 12/05/03
Re: Things that make you go hmmmm [Re: randommatter]
#7647607 - 02/28/08 08:08 PM Edit Reply Quote

** You are ignoring this user **

F

Fayled Dhreams

the actual (bolding/color added)KBquote for illegal items is:
QUESTION
How can I tell if an item is not allowed?

Answer

In the long history of Ultima Online, there have been times when certain items were able to enter the game world due to the result of a bug or exploit. In the past we have been hesitant to post a list of such items, for some unscrupulous players might see such a list and decide to attempt to recreate such illegal items. However, in recognition of player concerns with regard to the growing inability to discern the differences between these illegal exploit/bug items and legitimate &amp; acceptable rare items, we now feel that there are certain exploit-based items that can be publicly listed and discussed in an open forum.

The items listed below were created or obtained through the use of an exploit or bug, and are not able to be obtained or acquired through any legitimate means. They are prohibited within Ultima Online, and players who are found to have, use, trade, or sell them <font color=red>may have action taken against their account.</font color=red>

These items are listed because they continue to exist in the world even though they are not re-creatable, but please do not consider these listed items the only ones that are unacceptable within UO. <font color=red>Just because an item may not be on this list does not necessarily mean it is allowed. </font color=red>We reserve the right to change and update this list at any time.

* Portable forges, looms, spinning wheels, or other obviously not portable add-ons
* Water or grass tiles
* Silver steeds (except for Siege Perilous, and Mugen)
* Tame ancient wyrms
* Neon sandals (not BOD reward or AoS gift sandals)
* Khaldun puzzle box
* Chyloth's Shroud (red death shroud) and/or Staff.
* Portable Mouseholes

It is critical for all players to understand the following information about this list of exploit-created items:

* There are exploit-created items within the world that are not on this list, but just because items are not on this list, does not necessarily mean they are allowed.
* We reserve the right to change this list at any time.
* This list will only note items that were created with bugs or exploit that can no longer be created.
* Game Masters will not discuss the legality of an item. The Development team reserves the right to remove any item from the game.
* The purchase, sale, and ownership of these items are at your own risk.

Please also note that we continue to look extremely unfavorably against any player who attempts to use a bug or exploit in order to create an item that should not normally exist within the game, and<font color=red> players who violate the rules of UO at any time may have action taken against their UO game accounts.</font color=red>

"unsupported"="we're not saying SPECIFICALLY" go/nogo ... = can neither confirm nor deny. (at this time, no guaruntee we Won't come and get ya ...
)

your "ad" said they WERE "gm created" so its probably "okay" ...

being a teenager ... does not relieve one from "responsibility" for account behavior ... even with parental permission ...