• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Uo auto map,Uo Cartographer ETC What people use for map In classic Client?

candlemass

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been a while since I did champ spawns In fel. I been using Uo cartographer,but It doesn't show the champ Icon locations or the teleporter locations. What program does everybody use for classic client for the past few years. I always lived In Fel,but been pretty much been dormat for pvp the past 3 years. Any recommendations for a program most people been using for organized pvp or am I just missing a file for UO Cartographer ???? or any other Ideas?

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use auto map, ot works w all the new lands / just as well as it did in the golden days. You have to disable the update ace check. I forget how, but the only thing I dont have. Never figured out why were shop icons. But I can live without them.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why are you using a map program for of all things, champ spawns ?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<<<-------- DOWNLOAD LINK -------->>>

I updated my version of AutoMap that I keep running for people on stratics.
There's 3 things you have to do to make it work

1) add the -q option to the end of the line that runs it like this
uoam1.png

2) Change the UO client data files location ...
uoam2.png
uoam3.png

3) Go to the files tab in UOAM control panel under additional settings and check the box for Consolidated
uoam4.png

Last edited:

candlemass

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<<<-------- DOWNLOAD LINK -------->>>

I updated my version of AutoMap that I keep running for people on stratics.
There's 3 things you have to do to make it work

1) add the -q option to the end of the line that runs it like this
View attachment 127059

2) Change the UO client data files location ...
View attachment 127061
View attachment 127063

3) Go to the files tab in UOAM control panel under additional settings and check the box for Consolidated
View attachment 127064
Kojak thank you very much for posting that,exactly what I was looking for. I got It to work just fine. That tutorial with pictures really made It easy:)

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kojak thank you very much for posting that,exactly what I was looking for. I got It to work just fine. That tutorial with pictures really made It easy:)
Let me add one thing, alot of ppl here do this. But put it on something like onedrive and launchbar the uoam.exe

You dont have to. But it works if you run uo from multiple systems.

Or even say have to inadvertently reset your system for some reason but don't want to go through the set up again.

But I've got automap and assist set up like that.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UoA still has it's advantages, but I may check this out as I dont always need to use it.

Never hurts to have 2 map programs I suppose.
I forgot to mention it auto swap to the active window if u got more than 1 client up - but u can see all client chars at same time... I like it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, also note that I've made a spreadsheet (hosted on Google) that allows you to enter Davies locker entries (or coordinates from SOS), to place T-map and SOS locations in UOAM/UO Cartographer by adding the generated data into one of the existing .map files (delete from the map file as you complete). Links to it can be found in the profession forum for T-Hunters and fishers.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And, also note that I've made a spreadsheet (hosted on Google) that allows you to enter Davies locker entries (or coordinates from SOS), to place T-map and SOS locations in UOAM/UO Cartographer by adding the generated data into one of the existing .map files (delete from the map file as you complete). Links to it can be found in the profession forum for T-Hunters and fishers.
I've got an unpopular way that's a little more automatic but that's about all I can really say on that lol

But if you read into it right you might figure it out.

But I will clarify, while unpopular, all it does is read the SOS and updates the maps accorsingly.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ive started using UOMapistro - its easy to use and works like a charm, no uo assist needed - works with both clients...

UO Mapistro
So I don't use the classic client that much, and rarely have a need for the map. But I watched the video from that UOMapistro guy, and downloaded it, and holy crap, that guy did a lot of tweaking to it and it's freaking awesome ! If I get hacked though for downloading it, and lose all of my crap, I take my accolades all back....

Devinous

Visitor
First thank you for this - I have been digging like crazy trying to get this to work - second there is one issue - its not tracking me, how do I get it to find where I am? Also should it look like this lol?

1686278265452.png

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
run it as admin - also it helps to use uoassist - and if you don't have a third party program, you can still calibrate it manually - i've detailed how to do that in my previous posts

and ctrl-T tilts the map so it's not at a 45degree angle like that :)

mihali

Sage
Is Codon in any maps? I use old version of ump, I bet there are mayflies somewhere to install? Ty in advance.