• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Assist was made for Chefs

Feenicks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please do.

I have UOA but ive never tried it with cooking yet.. i may have to.
(i think with the new menus for many things i will HAVE to start using it more if i wanna make anything in bulk)

- Feenicks (VKR).

M

Mateo

Cool, tell us!! I've looked at UOA to help with Cooking but never actually figured anything out.

O

OrrickLeynoc

If I ever get around to it, I'll make one like that. But right now the small one I wrote works well with the UO Loop! program. But since that isn't a UO Pro aproved progam (for obvious reasons) I'll have to see about making a bigger one. That, and I need to move my water trough closer to the oven /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/wink.gif

------------
Me fail english? Thats unpossible.

Join the Britannian Society of Chefs!

Moff Tarkin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow! It looks like I've stirred up a little interest here. /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/smile.gif Okay, here's a very specific step-by-step to setting up that macro.

Before you start, you'll need to make sure you have the following:
-heating stand
-4 pitchers of water
-a few sacks of flour

1) Find a water source and sit yourself down next to it.

2) Open all the flour sacks in your backpack. (UOA won't be able to recognize them correctly unless they're open.)

3) Go to the "Macros" tab on your UO Assist window. Select a macro slot (by pressing one of the numbered buttons). Get ready, here we go. Press "Record".

4) Double click on a sack of flour and target the first pitcher of water. Repeat until the pitcher is empty (5 uses)

5) Continue using this same sack of flour on your remaining pitchers of water. When the flour sack has been completely used up you should have 20 lumps of dough and 4 empty pitchers.

6) Double click on a lump of dough and target your heating stand. Repeat until all 20 lumps of dough have been cooked. (or burnt /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/disturbed.gif)

7) Double click on one of your empty pitchers and target the water source. Repeat until your 4 pitchers are once again full of water.

8) Press "Stop" on your macro. (whew!) Your macro now consists of 88 lines, and they'll all look the same: Use Item, Target, Use Item, Target, Use Item, Target, etc etc

9) Right click on the first line to change it from "Use Item" to "Use Item Type". Change all the "Use Item" lines EXCEPT the last 4. Do NOT change any of these last 4, or your water pitchers won't fill correctly.

10) Scroll aaaallll the way back up to the top of your macro and highlight the first "Target" line. Press the "Pause After" button to the left, and enter a pause length of 1000. Insert pauses of length 1000 after all the "Target" lines. (including the last 4).

That's it! You're finished. If you've done it right, your macro will look exactly like this: (Without the <font color=red>beginning</font color=red>, <font color=red>end</font color=red>, and the little dots in the middle, of course /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/tongue.gif )

<font color=red>beginning</font color=red>
Use Item Type
Target
Pause 1000
Use Item Type
Target
Pause 1000
Use Item Type
Target
Pause 1000
Use Item
Target
Pause 1000
Use Item
Target
Pause 1000
Use Item
Target
Pause 1000
Use Item
Target
Pause 1000
<font color=red>end</font color=red>

This macro takes exactly 58 seconds to run on my computer, and is very reliable. Assuming this works about the same for everybody, you should be able to bake 1200 lumps of dough during your power hour. Not bad for gaining skill, that's for sure. /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/wink.gif

Notes:

-Yes, I know this might look confusing, particularly if you're new to UOA. All you're really doing here is hitting &quot;record&quot; and cooking up a bag of flour while UOA watches you do it. Read through these directions a few times, and it'll (eventually) make sense. /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/biggrin.gif

-If you screw up in the middle of recording your macro by clicking or targeting the wrong thing, you'll need to start over. Before you hit that &quot;record&quot; button again, though, use up the rest of your flour and water and cook up all that dough. For this to work properly, you'll need &quot;fresh&quot; flour sacks and water pitchers, not ones that have been partially used.

-PM me or send me an ICQ (#7276819) if you have questions. I'd be happy to help ya out.

<center>
The ULTIMATE GOOD Chef Moff Tarkin of Baja
</center>

O

OrrickLeynoc

Just a side note I might want to mention. I pause for 1300 rather than 1000, since my computer is slow, and the extra 300 tends to cover low-end lag. One night on napa I had to go all the way to 1600 so it wouldn't interrupt itself. Others might need to do this as well.

------------
Me fail english? Thats unpossible.

Join the Britannian Society of Chefs!

W

wedgie1973

Dang. I really wish I could log on at work. Now I have to wait until I get home tonight before I could try this! Woo!

I know macros may not be the most ethical thing, but dag nabbit, it's better than having to go to your doctor to complain of wrist pains because, er ... um, you've been trying to make GM Chef. /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/disturbed.gif

-wedgie

<center>Come join the Britannian Society of Chefs!</center>

Moff Tarkin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hee hee If I had UO at work I'd probably get myself fired in a day. /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/laugh.gif

As far as being ethical, I know what you mean.... Using UOA in this manner is somewhat powergamer-ish, but it's not like you'd be macroing unattended.

UO Assist is an approved UO Pro utility, though, so anything within that program's ability is also "OSI approved".

Even if you're using this macro, Cooking can hardly be considered "easy" by any stretch of the definition. In the high 90's, 1200 bread loaves will only gain you 0.3 to 0.4 at most during power hour. That still darned high on the overall difficulty scale... Tougher than Carpentry, about par with Poisoning, and not quite as bad as Taming.

<center>
</center>

I

ImaCamper WTF

Just on the topic of UOA and skills, i myself have set up uoa to cut my kindling for me, and light fires, all i have to do it run up to any tree, play my macro for it and watch the kindling fly in to my pack. it's a wonderful thing, i would never be at 90.2 camping without it thats for sure, oh incase anyone was wondering, campoing raises fast at higher levels only if your running, walking or sailing, ( thank got for semi-helpful counselors ( even if they mock you for being a master camper))

I think i am the only person with STR higher then 60 to have Camping

W

wedgie1973

One macro, one Powe Hour, and approximately 1040 pieces of dough later, Samara is ... STILL a Master Chef. I went up another whopping .2 points tonight.

WOO-HOO!!

/shared/forum_images/beige/icons/disturbed.gif

wedgie

Moff Tarkin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
0.2 eh? Well, that's better than -0.2. /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/biggrin.gif

<center>
</center>

W

wedgie1973

Actually, it was weird. I kept going after PH, and I gained more points in the next hour than when I was at PH! Still a long ways to go, but in total I got about .5 points.

/shared/forum_images/beige/icons/biggrin.gifwedgie

Moff Tarkin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya, a lot of skills are that way. At 95+ don't even bother with power hour.

Since Cooking isn't difficulty based at all and you're at 95 skill, that means power hour would only benefit you the 5% of the time you burn your food. (....and even then it's a big maybe)

<center>
</center>

E

E. SoulDragon

Another wonderful feature of UOA is the Use Once Agent. What I have been doing is cooking fish steaks in groups of ten with this. How I did it was set up a bag with mutiole stacks of 10 fish steaks. Go to Agents in UOA and select the Use Once Agent. Have it target everything in the bag. hen just hit your key for the Use once Agent. If the food burns just repeat the targeting process and start macroing again.

Eryka SoulDragon, baja

Moff Tarkin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmmm. I'd never thought of that. I've heard the Use Once agent works pretty good.

It just cycles through everything in the &lt;hot bag&gt; once and then stops, correct? I assume you can set it to target your heat source after it uses each item.... I've never used it before but now I'm insanely curious. /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/wink.gif

It sounds like the new "remove one item from a stack" feature (alt-click-drag) of the 3D client would be perfect in conjunction with this.

<center>The ULTIMATE GOOD Chef Moff Tarkin of Baja

Behold the glorious red 'X' of Geocities! /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/tongue.gif</center>

M

Myrmior

Uhhhhhhh....... *blinks*
Oh, um.... yeah.... *drools*
*shakes head*
OH! sorry was just cooking some fish steaks... Thank the GODS somebody has come up with an easier way to cook bread! I was far too lazy (not to mention lethargic from separating thousands of fish steaks) to try and figure out a way to use the uoassist macro program for cooking bread. What used to seem less enticing than gnawing on ones own arm (93 cooking and sllooooowwwwlllyyy rising) now can be looked at in a whole new light. Thank you very much for posting this little trick :)

Feenicks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i might make this thread sticky until i get a chance to add it to the faq or something...

- Feenicks [Virtuous Knights of the Realm, VKR]
- Feenary [Britannian Society of Chefs, BSC]

Moff Tarkin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm relatively new to UO Assist... I purchased the program for both my accounts a few months ago for the purpose of doing some faction warring. I discovered 2 things: 1)I'm horrible at PvP and 2)UO Assist is the greatest thing since sliced bread! (pun intended /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/tongue.gif)

As we all know, Cooking is very VERY click-and-target oriented, even for simple things like bread. UOA is specifically designed to help reduce some of those tortures.

OrrickLeynoc posted something a short while back about how to set up UOA to make a loaf of bread with one button press. This really got me thinking. Why not make a macro that does even more? I set up some pretty nifty stuff to help with my Lockpicking and Carpentry, so Cooking should be no exception.

With this in mind, I started experimenting a bit......and came up with something so wonderful it's almost indescribable. <font color=purple>*sniff*</font color=purple> Ok, seriously. /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/biggrin.gif I made a macro that will use up an entire bag of flour, cook all the dough, and refill my pitchers with a single press of a button. OMG, where was UO Assist when I was trying to GM this skill!? It would have been immeasurably easier, and my old mouse wouldn't have been retired quite so early due to overuse. (No, Quiby. Not that kind of mouse.)

It's unreal... In just a few minutes, I had 60 loaves of bread in my pack. Three button presses. That's it. I realize now that this is the way of the future. I think I now see a practical way to use flour mills as well. If you do not already have this wonderful piece of programming you should get it, or at least try it out. The free trial is well worth it. You can get UO Assist here. (Sheesh, they should pay me commission or something. /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/wink.gif)

If anybody's interested in the gory details of my one-button-per-flour-sack macro, I can post here how I set it all up.

<center>
</center>

Moff Tarkin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That might not be a bad idea... I've already referred a couple people to this thread that I met in-game. Had I seen the light of UO Assist at the time, I'd have definitely put it in the FAQ.

On a side note, I see you're brought your Monkey Sig out of retirement! <font color=purple>*claps*</font color=purple> Now don't get me wrong... I personally liked the fez one a lot. Especially the really happy guy on the right side - It cracks me up that someone could look so thrilled to be sporting a fez. /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/laugh.gif

<center>The ULTIMATE GOOD Chef Moff Tarkin of Baja

Behold the glorious red 'X' of Geocities! /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/tongue.gif</center>

G

Guildenstern

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

If you screw up in the middle of recording your macro by clicking or targeting the wrong thing, you'll need to start over.

<hr></blockquote>

Actually, not necessarily, Moff, sometimes you can hit the button under 'load item bag', "Delete Line" and it will delete that line from the macro. Of course you have to remember which one it is.... but once you've stared at UOA's macros for a bit it's not that bad... This doesn't always work. That is it will delete 'target' but sometimes I can't get it to delete other lines (*can't seem to remember what those lines were now* /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/disturbed.gif)

<center>Guildenstern
<font color=blue>UO Mage Mod</font color=blue>
<font color=red>UO Merchant Mod</font color=red>
<font color=blue>UO Trade Mod</font color=blue></center>

Moff Tarkin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to &quot;repair&quot; my macro a few times while I was trying to record it... To delete &quot;target&quot; lines, sometimes you need to change them to &quot;target type&quot; or something else first. One of the nasty ones is &quot;menu selection&quot;..... I've never been able to delete those.

Like you said, as long as you can keep track of which lines are what, it's not a big deal. UO Assist tried to cook my spellbook a couple times, though, and I think I may have poured flour into my reagent bag. /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/laugh.gif

<center>

Mmmm, bugs....</center>

R

Ranguvar

WOW! that's awesome Moff! how much is UOA?? oh yeah, I forgot, I'm only 13 and don't have a credit card. (doh) but hey, my dad owns a multi-million dollar biz! I'm sure he wouldn't mind seeing 20$ go off his bank account!! but It's actually the ethics that gets me on that one.

/shared/forum_images/beige/icons/biggrin.gif Ranguvar of Baja /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/biggrin.gif

Moff Tarkin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO Assist runs about $15.

Do what you have to do, it's worth it. Grovel, beg, plead.....maybe even do chores!

<font color=purple>*gack*</font color=purple> Okay, nevermind the bit about the chores. That's where I'd draw the line. /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/biggrin.gif

<center>

Mmmm, bugs....</center>

M

Mowbray

UOA is the greatest thing since being able to get raw bird from birds.

I've played around a bit, and came up with a quick little macro, consisting of just one 'turn' (a turn being the emptying of a pitcher, its refilling, and then cooking the 5 dough).

The reason for this is that the longer macros seem to mess up here and there even with extended pauses, and if I wanted to rummage through my other packs, it always seemed to disrupt the flow of the cooking; this one only requires one pitcher, will use ANY open sack of flour, and can easily be transfered to another water source. Note, you must have the flour sacks already open; the only reason i do this is because open sacks weigh a bit less than closed ones, so all mine are always open anyways. Strangely enough, uoa will cause uo to cycle through all sacks using one use each at a time...so you will have all of your sacks until the very end.

Let me know what you think:

<ul>[*]use item (the water pitcher)
[*]target item type (this will use any available open flour)
[*]pause 1000[/list]

do that 5 times to empty the pitcher, then:

<ul>[*]use item (specifically the water pitcher)
[*]target (the water source; when you are elsewhere, use 'reset target' on this line to change the source)
[*]pause 1000[/list]

then, cook away (repeat 5 times):

<ul>[*]use item type (will use any available dough)
[*]target (specifically the heating stand)
[*]pause 1000[/list]

Some may like to refill the pitcher at the end, but I like to be ready in case the macro fails on the cooking part, then all I have to do is cook the dough myself. I use pause 1000 and rarely have problems, but they do occur...probably cause i'm using a 64k computer with a 300 baud modem...hehe

And if you aren't already, be sure to use the Sell Agent with a hotbag...this will save you ungodly amounts of time, and you can actually earn a nice little profit just selling your bread to the baker.

<center><font color=blue>Mowbray, Master Chef
Host, Atlantic BSC</font color=blue>

</center>

Moff Tarkin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color=191970>I also prefer shorter macros but I'm not using mine to gain skill. Restocking my vendor these days is very easy: I've got macros set to make 5 cakes, 5 pans of cookies, etc.

You are definitely correct that longer macros tend to gag a bit more often... Depending on the lag situation, you'll often have to increase the pause (like Orrick mentioned) to ensure you don't get a "timeout" error.

Ahh, and the Sell Agent. Isn't that the most wonderful thing ever? If it wasn't for that lovely little feature I would once again dread selling my accumulated treasure chest gems and scrolls, much less those cooked ribs.</font color=191970>

<center>

Don't like bugs? Try the <a target="_blank" href=http://uo.stratics.com/bsc>Britannian Society of Chefs</a> instead!</center>

B

Babbling_Skull

hehe

By reading this post you agree to pretend you understood what it said.

Moff Tarkin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/php-bin/shared/images/icons/squint.gif

As an alternative, just check the "I want to preview my post" box before hitting 'Continue'. You will be able to see what your sig looks like without actually submitting a post.

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

T

Tancred

Wow I thought we all used UOA to cook.
Anyway here is my simple macro for making bread.
double click on a cooking tool to bring the menu up.
go to the last 10 items area
start recording
then click on the 2nd last item 150 times.
stop recording. Lock macro.

Then get several pitcher full with water and 10 sacks of flour and stand near a fire.

Next you need to manually make dough and then bread. It does not mater if you fail, you just need these as your last 2 items.

Then play the macro and double click on the cooking tool you use.
Sit back and watch you bread be made.
When you tool breaks you can just click another one and the mcro will continue.

Feenicks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For a second i thought moff had had his mod status revoked...

Sheesh, talk about the resurrection of ancient threads.

Please dont do that again anyone unless you have a very valid contribution to the thread...

(see Moffs comments about previewing, there's also a sig test thread in the pictures forum)