• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO ASSIST SPELLCAST MACRO'S

• Thread starter onthefifty
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
O

onthefifty

anyone have any good macro's for uoa spell casting set up. i'm a total newb at uoa setups. private emails are appreciated. thanks.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use internal UO macros for your spells. I recommend using Mouse wheel Up/Down for target self/last target.

Use UOA Macros for complicated macros that UO doesn't offer like mount/dismount, bandage faction horse, apples, trapped boxes, target relative area, etc.

G

GFY

I agree with Lynk on this one. :link:

If you make spell macros in UOA, especially more then one spell, they have a very high chance of being not only interrupted, but causing you a delay in recasting any spell until the macro times out.

Make spell macros in uo and just use adjacent keys for combo's. (F1 = explosion, F2 = flame strike) is a good example.

G

gramarye

Is it possible to set up one macro to cast more than one spell? I'm thinking of something like a macro that first cast perhaps Evil Omen and then, without any more keypresses, cast maybe Energy Bolt and waited the required time between spells?

G

GFY

Certainly, however if you set up more then one spell on a macro and either spell gets interrupted, you have to wait for the macro to time out before you can cast again. This can be a long wait, especially if something or someone mean and nasty is chasing you! I've tried it before and it's only gotten me killed. I make all my spell macros in UO to avoid any problems.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I only use mutli-spell macros in UOA when I am simply farming gold and it is the same thing every time. An example is Explosion-Flamestrike for Arctic Ogre Lords. I setup the UOA macro:

Explosion
Pause XXXX (depends on your connection -- you need to target the monster)
Flamestrike
Last Target

But again, I only use this when I won't be interrupted and it is the same thing every time. If there is any variation or the monster fights back (with magic or ranged weapons) I use very simple single spell macros only. Same with PvP.

-OBSIDIAN-

O

onthefifty

thanks for everyone's reply's. that is where i was going with this, i.e. making a macro that results in a spell combo for pvp.

eo, poison, strangle or exp fs. etc etc.

appreciate the answers.