• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO and its stupid rules(bad words in words)

CharlieTib

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok someone tried to do something really sweet for me by engraving a sword with the word Compassion on it. Now the word compassion has the word A@@ in it so what happens, when its engraved it bleeps out the word.... so the sword engraved ''comp@%%ion''. What the heck kind of idiocy is that....I mean seriously.. you can walk into a town and have ppl curse and they dont get booted from the game but yet you cant write out a word that happens to have a curse in it????!!!
I cant count the number of times ive confronted ppl who curse in town and they pretty much told me ''turn on your filter and leave me the f alone'' I mean theres kids in there! But yet... you cant write out the word compassion... The gms gonna change the moongate to compassion ilsh too??? i mean are they gonna edit out every word that has it in there?
Asset
Glass
Pass
Mass
Grass
Crass
Bass
Hassle
Massive
Passive
Lass
Compass

just to name a few. Who else just finds that completely idiotic?? And if there is a gm out there... change that stupidity!!

G

/signed

A friend of mine volunteered to organize my house for me. If you'd ever seen the sheer amount of STUFF I have, you'd know what a kind gesture this was! Anyway, he engraved some boxes for weapons and was sorting them by class (fencing class, etc.). The boxes came out engraved Fencing Cl@%% Weapons, etc. How dumb is that?

I

imported_captainobvious

however, id almost find it silly to the point of funny if i logged in one day and saw...

"uo @%%ist"