• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Unravelling new shame loot (strange findings)

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, this will be a work in progress I guess.

Some things seem very off to me but maybe they are intended.

1.) a lot of things give relics that - prior to the patch - should not.
I have gotten relics from things with 30 durability (and before the patch the lowest I have ever gotten relics from was 43 or 44 durability).
I am getting relics from items that are NOT in the previously required range to give relics.

Example

Studded Tunic.

Durability +60%
Reflect Physical Damage 10%
Enhance Potions 1%
Physical R. 12%
Fire R. 4%
Cold R. 3%
Poison R. 13%
Energy R. 4%
Durability 72
Lesser Magic Item

Now, there is no way this is "old" relic quality - but it did unravel to EDIT TWO (just checked) EDIT relic fragment. I had worse things unravel to relics (with durability in the 30s).
On the other hand I had MUCH better pieces unravel to essence so I am confused.

2.) Next observation:

Club
Cursed
HLD 10%
INT 3
MR 3
Luck -100
FC 1
Physical Damage 90%
Poison Damage 10%
Durability 38
Greater magic Item

I wanted to play around with the luck and chose this piece because it had imbuing space. It had 5 properties but not over the cap (I still don´t know if cursed or -100 luck counts as the 5th property, but I would guess it is the negative luck).
So I could only change one of the existing values and found that I could imbue 93 luck on it.
I decided to imbue only 1 luck to see what would happen.
Possible results:
1.) -99 luck?
2.) two luck properties - 100 luck AND 1 luck?

Now to my surprise after imbuing the 1 luck the -100 luck was gone and it said simply said: Luck 1 AND I could still take it to 93.

What I want to point out is that IF the item you have has some imbuing room left you can basically take off the neg luck and turn it into positive luck.

I bet there will me many more observations to be made :)

Hephaistos of Europa

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another Relic I could not beleive:

Studded gorget:

HPR 2
SR 1
DCI 1%
P: 2
F: 4
C: 3
P: 13
E: 4
Lower Req: 70%
Dur: 38
greater magic item

now I dont know why this is a greater magic item and it is usually not close to relic quality but it unravelled to 1 relic.
The only unusual property found here is lower requirements and of course I dont really know how this is calculated here, but it would need a VERY high value to turn this into relic quality loot.
If it uses the same weight for lower requirement as it would for a lower requirement shield imbue this item would be below numbers for relic quality.
So either there are now lower intensities needed OR properties that previously did not spawn on an item have higher values.

Only assumptions here of course....

Update:

Getting even funnier, the following is barely essence value (old calculations) and gave 2 relics:

soul glaive
velocity 1%
Self repair 5
Luck 10
DCI 10%
Lower Requirements 50%
Greater magic Item

Maybe it is the Lower Requ?

And this is the king of strange relic items here:

Crossbow of Quality
Durability 80%
Velocity 1%
Lower Requirements 10%
lesser magic item

Since this item has imbuing room I could finally check and hold your breath:

The item has an intensity with the existing properties of: 779
Something is definitely off...

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this may also be interestig:

a ring with only

MR4
luck -100

since there is room to imbue i checked it out, it has 2 mods and the intensity is only 100 (should be 200 for MR4). This means - and has been stated by Cetric on UOHall as well - that negative luck counts as a property AND takes intensity off. Which probably mean I can imbue this now with lets say FC1 (would be 240), FCR3 (340) SDI 12 (not sure of the weight here atm) and still be below 500 with 5 properties on it.
I then could try to imbue luck for the remaining space and end up with a very nice piece without any negatives (hmm, maybe after imbuing the luck I will end up with an imbued item over the 500 cap bacuase the deducted intensity from -100 luck will be gone I guess).

I will try this out and let you know...

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The issue seems to be lower requirements and durability (maybe even self repair)

They for some reason shoot the intensity through the roof. If you have an item with some durability % on it, try to imbue a mod and you will see it. Imbue the durability up or down and it fixes it..

screwy stuff... hopefully the read the craftsman forum lol

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its the speical shame material the armor is made out of.. that dark grey leather and metal.

i had a pair of gloves, with 6 mods on it and some base resists.. it was a pair of animated studded gloves

non cursed
kenetic eater 6
str bonus 4
dex bonus 3
stam inc 8
stam regen 4
luck -100

with base leather resists..

it was like 600 something intensity. relic worthy
i enhanced them with barbed to get the resists higher and the intensity dropped in half.
its now 295 just essence now. this is using the EC pincos mod scale.

i hope the devs dont fix it, cause relics were too expensive to get.