Unravelling Loot for Relic Fragments

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
THE GREAT STATE OF WISCONSIN
I don't understand how to figure this one out. I thought it was if an item has over 450% intensity it was a relic fragment.

If this is the case I don't understand why unravelling things at the queen's forge gives you a better chance at relic frags? What % intensity to items have to be at the queens forge to get a relic?

I do dread horns for my relics and I just feel like I'm missing some opportunity. I'd like to enhance more bows for more relics - but don't want to take the risk of enhancing if they are already relic fragment quality.

At first I just went under the philosophy of enhance everything that can be enhanced, but I found that I broke way too much stuff. So now I don't enhance anything but I feel like there are more fragments to be had than just 10 per run.

S

Sir Kenga

You get 10 relics per run on Horn? I get 4-5 on Lady Mel.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Awards
McMinnville Oregon
its 451 for human not at queen forge
being gargoyle takes 20 from this making it approximatly 431
being at queen forge takes takes 30 making it 421 approximatly
both bring it to 401
this is the basic formula i use
if by enhancing i can take item to 400+ its relic frag
imbuing will give a 20% penalty
hope that helps

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
its 451 for human not at queen forge
being gargoyle takes 20 from this making it approximatly 431
being at queen forge takes takes 30 making it 421 approximatly
both bring it to 401
this is the basic formula i use
if by enhancing i can take item to 400+ its relic frag
imbuing will give a 20% penalty
hope that helps
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

L

LadyMargaret

hmm
does Item ID take this into account? ie, if you're standing by the Queens Forge you could get a different ID?

S

Stupid Miner

If it's a blacksmith item, take a +30 ASH and enhance it (with a garg if possible) Very low chance of breaking.

If it's a bow or wooden weapon enhance it, low chance of breaking.

If it's armor it has more of a chance of breaking than with a weapon.

(only checks Resists and Luck for difficulty)

C

Cazzador

How do you know what pieces of regular gear you find on mobs will give you what? Says here:

<= 199 Total Intensity = Magical Residue
200 to 449 Total Intensity = Enchanted Essence
450+ = Relic Fragment

How you figure the intensity since lets say 'mage armor' property has a weight of 1.4 etc Im so consfused.....:confused:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Awards
McMinnville Oregon
How do you know what pieces of regular gear you find on mobs will give you what? Says here:

<= 199 Total Intensity = Magical Residue
200 to 449 Total Intensity = Enchanted Essence
450+ = Relic Fragment

How you figure the intensity since lets say 'mage armor' property has a weight of 1.4 etc Im so consfused.....:confused:
I use enhanced client and item intensity mod

in your example mage armor has 100% unweighted intensity its weighted (this is what is used in figuring how much can fit on item)is 140%

so if item is exceptional and has 500% max you would be able to put 360% more on !

when figuring what item will unravel into you use the unweighted intensity

B

Boogieman

So does anyone know how elemental damage counts (fire, energy, etc)? I can't seem to find it in the magic effects table. Unless it's the one called 'damage modifier'.
I seem to remember that it has a weight of 1, because it's either there or not - the actual dispersion onto the various types of damage is irrelevant.

K

Kallie Pigeon

lol no you have to have something in any of the other elements
So it seems to me in my experience that having anything other than physical upgrades your chance of getting essence. So if you have 0% physical that counts as 100? I guess I need to work out the magical modifiers and see if I can actually predict what I will get without using item id. Man I have just started this and am bordering on 70 now but I think it will be a long time before I have to worry about getting a powerscroll. :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
Specifically, having at least 10% in any other elemental damage, other than Physical, counts as 100% intensity.

It could be 90% physical, 10% cold.
It could be 100% Fire
It could be 60% physical, 10% cold, 10% fire, 10% energy, 10% poison

They ALL count as just ONE property, at 100%, for unraveling (And for intensity on weapons being inbued, that already have the property).

F

Fink

There's also a intensity penalty for poor durability, I think it's -2% for every point below 50.

I use enhanced client and item intensity mod
This really is the best way to screen items for imbuing, enhancing, and unraveling. Even if you don't like the EC, or you have poor performance moving about or whatever, having EC + item intensity mod loaded up at your imbuing station is a tremendous boon. It tells you the intensities, percentiles, totals, durability penalty, expected yield, and even what material to use for enhancing. You can also tell it your race and preferred soulforge and it will give you results based on those bonuses, so you don't have to lug your bags of loot down to the queen's forge for sorting. Item ID has a long way to go before being anywhere near as useful.

F

Froden_UO

Can anyoen tell em where i can find the Mod for I enhanced client and item intensity mod

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 14, 2007
Pacific
If it's a blacksmith item, take a +30 ASH and enhance it (with a garg if possible) Very low chance of breaking.

If it's a bow or wooden weapon enhance it, low chance of breaking.

If it's armor it has more of a chance of breaking than with a weapon.

(only checks Resists and Luck for difficulty)
do gargoyles really give a better chance of enhancing stuff then humans?

S

Stupid Miner

do gargoyles really give a better chance of enhancing stuff then humans?
Only tested this once on... 100 items i think. for the first 70 or so i was getting an even split 33/33/33 success/fail/redo on Ex gorgets with barbed leather. Supposed chance for enhance success was significantly lower (20% success maybe?)

But then for about 70 on I had a massive disproportion of fails that came out of nowhere and at 100 it evened out to exactly what the calculator said enhancing should be (for humans)
... all that to say I have no real clue. Need more data/

Oh, and it lists enhancing under "Master Artisan" Trait.
# Master Artisan

* A natural increased chance to imbue, enhance, and unravel magical items
http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=115

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 14, 2007
Pacific
so you say then probably its a good idea to get 120 tailoring and 120 smith scrolls for my gargoyle to put the skill on when i enhance stuff?

S

Stupid Miner

so you say then probably its a good idea to get 120 tailoring and 120 smith scrolls for my gargoyle to put the skill on when i enhance stuff?
Yep. But we dont know what the +% bonus is yet.

M

Marshall Inc.

With the changes to imbuing that are going in, how will the fact that the elemental damage property no longer counts as property item effect unravelling into relics? Or did I understand that wrong and it only doesn't count for runics but not for unravelling?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
With the changes to imbuing that are going in, how will the fact that the elemental damage property no longer counts as property item effect unravelling into relics? Or did I understand that wrong and it only doesn't count for runics but not for unravelling?
Currently elemental damage counts as a property when using runic hammers, and as a property when imbuing, but NOT a property when unraveling.

It will be changed to never count as a property for any situation.