• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unraveling (real deal)

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you unravel at what leve...?

Like for instance I am at 50... What do I need to unravel?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can try unraveling anything - below 50.1 (corrected) you can only unravel things that give residue and you need 95.1 (if I recall correctly) for things that give relic fragments. There's no harm in trying something that's too difficult - you just get a message that you can't do it yet.

Note that unraveling does not give any gains above 25.0 ... only imbuing trains you.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can try unravelling anything - below 65 (if I recall correctly) you can only unravel things that give residue and you need 95.1 for things that give relic fragments. There's no harm in trying something that's too difficult - you just get a message that you can't do it yet.

Note that unraveling does not give any gains above 25.0 ... only imbuing trains you.
Ok, I am seeing that...

Noiw, what about ... I am only getting magical residue... And that's it... what can I apply that too?

Tyranissa Wrath

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just trying to do ANYTHING with SA right now, and this is giving me a real headache. Just about everything I try to unravel is beyond my skill (40.0) - I'm trying to complete the quest at the soulforge, and the frustration level is climbing...

What CAN I unravel at this point?

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just trying to do ANYTHING with SA right now, and this is giving me a real headache. Just about everything I try to unravel is beyond my skill (40.0) - I'm trying to complete the quest at the soulforge, and the frustration level is climbing...

What CAN I unravel at this point?
I started a new char with 50 imbue and had the same problem initially. Got one of my warriors to go hunt some stuff for junk items -- collected everything off corpse that I thought could be unraveled. . I was able to unravel some of these for the easiest ingredient. On some weapons/armor, I was told that there was not enough magic to unravel. At first I tossed these on the ground but then realized I need them to actually imbue because my imbue skill was so low to imbue anything that had any mods at all. My first imbue kicked me to 50.1 and I was then able to unravel things that would give a second type of ingredient (forget name). That ingredient gave me greater flexibility on what mods to add through imbuing. At 40 you will need to unravel and imbue a lot to even get to 50. I spent two-three hours last night and made it to 52. Some of that was certainly do to learning the system, etc. Good luck. Luckily, I have lots of stuff to unravel. I just had to get that initial imbue gain to unravel the stuff I have. Even at Legendary level packrat, I did not pack away the junk that I needed when I was at level 50.

O

ouguru

Use dull copper and shadow runic hammers with regular iron to make daggers. Make sure you buy an imbue bag and make them in it. You will be able to unravel most of those once you make 50 in imbuing you can unravel everything you make from the hammers.

K

Kiminality

Buy an unravel bag from the quest givers around the public forge.
Hunt and drop every magical item you get in there.
Go to the forge and use the context menu on the bag to unravel all.
That'll unravel everything you can, and everything that's left you can either dump or save until you're high enough skill to unravel the next level.
Repeat until you're sick of it.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does UOA work on Imbuing? Doesn't seem to work. UOA can do unravelling, but I failed at Imbuing. Just checking if anyone got it figured out...

too much clicking...:/

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does UOA work on Imbuing? Doesn't seem to work. UOA can do unravelling, but I failed at Imbuing. Just checking if anyone got it figured out...

too much clicking...:/
What ever happened to good old fashioned hard work
?

Tyranissa Wrath

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I managed to make enough of the first residue to complete the first quest with a heap of DC runic-made daggers. Tried some Imbuing, with some successes but only 0.1 in gains - a long road ahead, made even longer by losing my Garg's Alchemist Bauble and Pendant of The Magi to the insurance bug - either that, or the person who "came to my rescue" nicked them off my corpse...

It's not been a good evening/night. I actually find myself wishing for a revert...

C

Capt.E

I'm a little tenative sharing, because this information makes imbuing somewhat easier, but if you have a lumberjack then you probably have a ton of oak wood. You may want to try making bokutos. Then unraveling them. Then make a regular wood bokuto that is exceptional and add luck to it I was getting good gains by hitting a success rate of around 50% by adjusting how much luck I put on them. It costs 1 citrine and 1 essence at below 20 luck then goes to 2 above 20 and so on. Good luck