• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unravel Calculator is not entirely working

Innessa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I changed my settings to reflect Human/Elf and Queen's Forge, but even so, when i highlight some items i get from covetous, they state that they will be unravelled into Enchanted Essence, but they actually unravel into relic frags. I have had a piece that stated it was ~700 weight and showed up as enchanted essence, but when i unravel that, it gives me a relic frag because the weight is so high. Also, some of the items it says will be a relic fragment actually end up being enchanted essence.

Basically, i have to ignore whats it telling me, and just pick up anything with a high ~weight (i usually take anything 500 or over) since they typically become relic frags.

120 imbuing, human, queens soulforge.

Just saying, theres something wrong with the calculator.

Other than that, i love the work you are doing, your program is just amazing. Thanks.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you are using it on crafted items, there is no way to make it works correctly, because there is no way to detect all the bonus from gm+ skills that usually have no weight.
On loot it works fine.

Innessa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
if you are using it on crafted items, there is no way to make it works correctly, because there is no way to detect all the bonus from gm+ skills that usually have no weight.
On loot it works fine.
Nope. its all on loot from covetous. i get pieces with over 700 weight that sometimes show as enchanted essence and sometimes as relic fragments. It's definitely buggy.

in fact, ill go get some more loot and take a screenshot before and after unravel to prove it.

Last edited:

Innessa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Nope. its all on loot from covetous. i get pieces with over 700 weight that sometimes show as enchanted essence and sometimes as relic fragments. It's definitely buggy.

in fact, ill go get some more loot and take a screenshot before and after unravel to prove it.
OK heres a screenshot showing the issue. Its clearly showing that it should unravel into enchanted essence, even though its weight is ~817. That is wrong. it actually unravels into a relic fragment. Settings are set to human/elf and queens soulforge.

See what i mean?

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK heres a screenshot showing the issue. Its clearly showing that it should unravel into enchanted essence, even though its weight is ~817. That is wrong. it actually unravels into a relic fragment. Settings are set to human/elf and queens soulforge.

See what i mean?

you are mistaking the imbuing intensity with the unravel intensity. Those are 2 different things:
- Imbuing intensity is the one you see in the imbuing gump when you try to imbue something.
- Unravel intensity cannot be seen and is counted automatically server side to determine what you get when you unravel an item.

The unravel intensity is totally different from the imbuing intensity and is scaled down by many factors. The chance of error is pretty low and is determined only by misreading of certain properties (I don't think there are any in this case).

Innessa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
you are mistaking the imbuing intensity with the unravel intensity. Those are 2 different things:
- Imbuing intensity is the one you see in the imbuing gump when you try to imbue something.
- Unravel intensity cannot be seen and is counted automatically server side to determine what you get when you unravel an item.

The unravel intensity is totally different from the imbuing intensity and is scaled down by many factors. The chance of error is pretty low and is determined only by misreading of certain properties (I don't think there are any in this case).
OK so 2 questions then.

1) Why does it say "Enchanted Essence"? What does that mean if not what you would get from it when unravelling? In this case, you actually get a relic fragment.
2) How do i tell what it will unravel into if not from that window? Is there another method?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK so 2 questions then.

1) Why does it say "Enchanted Essence"? What does that mean if not what you would get from it when unravelling? In this case, you actually get a relic fragment.
2) How do i tell what it will unravel into if not from that window? Is there another method?
The name IS what you get, and is precise as much as possible, but the imbuing weight is not the value used for unraveling.

Last edited:

Innessa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The name IS what you get, and is precise as much as possible, but the imbuing weight is not the value used for unraveling.
Understood about the imbuing weight. But i am telling you that many objects i get from covetous do not unravel into what your UI is telling me it will unravel into. Like the above object which unravelled into a relic fragment, not enchanted essence.

I'm not arguing with you here, im just telling you that the calculator, while working alot of the time, is not working in some cases.

Can you post the formula you use for estimating the unravelling ingredient and the weights you use for calculating weight?

Last edited:
T

Tazar

The calculators are not perfect for several reasons.

1.) is that the negative properties don't seem to be accounted for.
2.) is that there seems to be some properties that are not counted (poison eater?)
3.) is that there seems to still be some random factors involved and given that - there will always be some variances.

The calculators do give a good approximation - but are not perfect.

Innessa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

2.) is that there seems to be some properties that are not counted (poison eater?)
3.) is that there seems to still be some random factors involved and given that - there will always be some variances.

yeah, thats what i figure as well. it works pretty well, but definitely should not be your only criteria on determining whether to try to unravel something or not.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Understood about the imbuing weight. But i am telling you that many objects i get from covetous do not unravel into what your UI is telling me it will unravel into. Like the above object which unravelled into a relic fragment, not enchanted essence.

I'm not arguing with you here, im just telling you that the calculator, while working alot of the time, is not working in some cases.

Can you post the formula you use for estimating the unravelling ingredient and the weights you use for calculating weight?
The formula is too complex, and is very possible that loses some digit (since lua is not the best for math) and this will cause the imperfections especially when the result is on the edge between relic and essence.
if you want a more precise value, ask the devs to make that data in the item properties by default... :p

it does count all the properties (negative and poison eater included), and yes, there seems to be a random factor