• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

unkillable with 600 or 420 points?

G

hey. not sure if this is the best place for it but there seems to be several pvp´ers posting so would like their imput if poss. was just wondering how you would make a char as near to ´unkillable´ as possible (in pvp) if you had 600 or 420 points to spend? cheers.

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like Zippy said, nothing is unkillable.

One template that is very strong defensively against one class tends to be weak against another, hence the balance.

However there are templates which are better defensively than others.

I would imagine a bushido/parry/chiv player would be extremely hard to kill.
Any ability that lets you parry spells is a bit nuts imho.

I

imported_Farsight

Trying to defend our miner are we?

What you need to do is work on defensive skills and completely ignore the offensive ones. For example, you'd need a weapon skill or wrestling at 120, but you have no need for tactics. So that's 120 points.

To defend yourself against dexxers of all sorts, you need parry skill at 120. Getting hit less is the point. So that's 240 points.

Chivalry and 4/6 FC/FCR is pretty important, since that's your way of healing. This can be anywhere from 50 points, which is enough for healing, curing and remove cursing to 100 points, which is enough for anything. Most people go with a lower amount, but the amount of damage you heal is based in part on your chivalry. You could get by with 50 points, I'm sure. But 100 points is better for healing and curing. So I'll call it 340 points.

Resist spells is not an option. 120 points of that will bring you to 460 points.

You could tinker with chivalry and resist to bring the total down to 420 without damaging your ability to defend yourself too much.

After that, skills become more debatable. A lot of different possibilities spring up from that, including bushido, magery/meditation (magery<70), healing/anatomy and others. What is more important is how you use the skills. Someone with 4/6 chivalry who uses potions fanatically can be extremely hard to kill, but if you haven't practiced a whole lot, you're not much harder to kill than someone who has nothing. Sure, you'll never kill anyone without offensive skills, but the point would be to make killing you hard enough to not be worth it.

On the other hand, the best defense is often a good offense, in which case someone else would have to tell you how to accomplish this.

D

Dain69

Pots, trap box and bushido and as long as the other person doesn't out run you, you will never die

I

imported_GFY

Hiding 100
Stealth 100
Ninja 120

If your attacked, drop a smoke bomb, stealth away or shadow jump, turn to dog form and outrun your opponent.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BUt still after a few people post what they think is unkillable. Ill say it again. No template is unkillable. There really is no point discussing a dead topic. Stop trying to bump your post count.

G

its an interesting question for me as i am working on a couple of templates which need very high defence abilities for various reasons. Also, i believe that the question was ´as unkillable as possible´ because, as you rightly pointed out, there is nothing which is totally unkillable.

<blockquote><hr>

chiv
parry
bushido
weaponskill

fc4/6

[/ QUOTE ]

what added advantage does bushido give?

I

imported_mr.blackmage

evasion and instant healing on the run (confidence).