Unique Item - Wedding Certificate

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
M

Madd

From what I understand you could get these around 2003 and only one was made per wedding.

With the limited number of UO weddings and with it being the only one like it, how rare is a wedding certificate considered? What would it be worth?

It is dated February 2nd of 2004.

M

Madd

Thank you Kimberly. I need two more posts to post a picture of it. Here is one...

Kimberly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 26, 2008
Virginia, USA (Atlantic)
Actually, that is a completely different graphic than what I was speaking of. The aforementioned were wedding announcements (some refer to them as certificates) and all have a scroll graphic which, I would imagine, are less rare than what you have. Unfortunately, I cannot offer an informed opinion on how much this would be worth. Sorry about the confusion!

M

Madd

I believe that what I have is from the Magic Moments program that took place in 2003 but is now cancelled from what I can tell.

Magic Moments - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

So far this is all I have been able to find for what this item might be. If it is from this then it would be the "in-game marriage certificate commemorating the ceremony."

I am hoping it holds high value considering UO weddings were rare themselves, but to have a certificate from a program that was short lived itself would be really cool.

S

Smokey of LS

yes i think what kimberly is thinking of is the wedding invitations, they were like spell scrolls, the actual certificates were a deed like that, and i do believe was only one per wedding, i would say 15-20 mil

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 2, 2006
Atlantic
Those particular players were important parts of the Atlantic Roleplay Community years back. I'd be interested if you're willing to sell it.

M

Madd

I actually searched for them for some time. I asked as many people as I could if they knew them. I would have no problem with returning it to them if they ever came back.

I have no way of knowing though.

M

Madd

I decided to do some out of game searching once I saw the links in your post, Halister.

I see that they were members on the Atlantic RP Forum. I will try to contact them both.

If I cannot get in touch with them then maybe you and I can work something out for the certificate.

Thank you for posting in this thread.