• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unintended Consequences of the new "of Doom" items...Or is it...

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me and my whole guild (all 3 of us) were working the Doom Gauntlet last night. And usually, by 3 or 4 completions of the Gauntlet, one of us usually gets a standard Doom Artifact drop. Now after about 2.5 hours and 4 trips around the Gauntlet we had 5 "of Doom" and no artifact rarity items.

Now it could have just been one of those nights, but we run Doom a lot, and the drops are usually pretty much on target.

So my question to the Dev's is:

Is the Gauntlet standard Artifact drop turned off for this event...or is it being unintentionally affected by the new drop process?

Additionally, 5 "of Doom" artifacts for killing the Gauntlet seems low...once again...may have been one of those nights...but has any consideration been given to having the dark father drop a guaranteed 2 to the top attackers, similar to the Blackthorn Bosses.

Fallon

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree on this, dark fathers should give two of these doom guaranted drops doom artifacts .

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am thinking that the normal drops have been disabled somehow. As I reported in a thread yesterday, I did three circuits with six guildmates and we failed to get a regular Doom arty (for the record we had seventeen of the new ones). We could just have been unlucky, but...

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope doom artis are still dropping.

maybe just bad luck?

more people there with you? (maybe they snaked it?)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea I was expecting the Gauntlet mobs to be more like captains just like in blackthorn dungeon as well, yesterday I did 3 or 4 rounds in the gauntlet I received 8 total drops However, 3 of the "drops" I had appear in my pack were just normal items, with no "Of Doom" label, I assume that's what the mini patch last night was for...
I haven't gotten anymore of those non-labeled items yet.

None of us received any of the older artifacts either, we didn't do more than 4 rounds though.