Unemployed lumberjacks?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
L

Llwyd

I'm exploring the eastern shards, and was wondering if a GM lumberjack can earn a modest living on Legends. Thanks for any input.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Oct 21, 2008
Baltimore, MD
taylorvsmith.com
I haven't started working imbuing yet, but I understand that oak boards are important to training (maybe they create magical residue, or something?). Anyway, there's definitely a market for oak, not to mention ash, bloodwood and frostwood. This is true of all East Coast shards. :)

L

Llwyd

I haven't started working imbuing yet, but I understand that oak boards are important to training (maybe they create magical residue, or something?). Anyway, there's definitely a market for oak, not to mention ash, bloodwood and frostwood. This is true of all East Coast shards. :)
That's good news. :) I just returned to UO and have been working lumberjacking on Legends.... just GM'd last night. Thanks!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2003
always Legends
*rolls new whetstone in Llwyd's direction*

congratulations on your shiney new title, and welcome to Legends!

L

Llwyd

Thank you all. I'll be on a number of shards, but it looks like Legends may be in first place for most of my time these days. :)

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually leave most of the wood on ground or stick in a house mailbox if one is near, and instead concentrate on the by-products - i.e. amber, lum fungii, and parasitic plants (plus cloth if you jack in Tel Mur). I only keep bloodwood, heartwood and Frost.

Time is money, so what I do to avoid bank runs is equip imbued necro jewel set, +26 necro/+26 SS/+36 LRC (r use Summon Familiar scrolls) and equip a scribe made +10 Necro spellbook and bloodspirit tali and summon a familiar to act as an additional packmule. The drawback to using a Horde packy is you need to have sufficient magery to gate (but you can use spellbook and jewels and scrolls as well to gate if you have a minimum of Magery).

PM me if you need any starting equipment!

I bid you welcome to Legends!

PS. Mining is always a moneymaker on any shard- and fast to train:)

L

Llwyd

I actually leave most of the wood on ground or stick in a house mailbox if one is near, and instead concentrate on the by-products - i.e. amber, lum fungii, and parasitic plants (plus cloth if you jack in Tel Mur). I only keep bloodwood, heartwood and Frost.

I bid you welcome to Legends!
Thank you. I'll be taking things slow... am rather enjoying playing my simple woodsman. As soon as I have enough gold set by, I hope to set up a vendor at my little house in Moonglow. Probably what would be most helpful at this point is some kind of price guide to lumberjacked resources on this shard. I've looked around at various places, including Luna, but I haven't found enough resource vendors to get a feel on how to price things correctly - neither too high or too low.

It certainly feels good to be back in UO. :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2003
always Legends
don't know about lumbering resources, but I do know that one thing that will always sell is arrows, and with all that wood, might be something to consider

F

Froden_UO

Welcome to Legends, any ammo as devils said, plus the new crafting agents from working on tree.

Good Luck and best wishing as a woodman of the world.

L

Llwyd

Welcome to Legends, any ammo as devils said, plus the new crafting agents from working on tree.

Good Luck and best wishing as a woodman of the world.
The "addiction" is back, too. I came to legends on 11/19 and don't even want to say how many hours I've spent in game so far. lol