• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

unable to lockdown/secure items in house

G

hey there,

OK, so having received the stock useless answer from a GM help page I'm taking their suggestion and asking here.

I have a small tower in fel that the owner of the house cannot lockdown/secure items but friends and co-owners can.
The bugger is that it just started happening this week. I placed it last Wednesday or something, threw down a bunch of chests, a table, some recall books and locked/secured items. Now I get the selection cursor but nothing happens, no message, nadda.

A friend or a co-owner can lock/unlock, secure/unsecure pretty much as expected.

So, there. Now I asked the gallery of my peers. I can go back and log another GM ticket asking WTF!?!?

thanks.

G

when this happened to me the advice I was given was to try and lock down my pet. When I did I got a message relating to honoring. I must have tried to honor something and didn't know it. Maybe it will work for you.

G

So ya know what... you were dead on right!

I must of at some point 'honored' a chest or something in my house. I've been sitting around for 3 hours waiting for a GM or someone to show up (9 in queue hasnt moved once), tried killing myself, etc. finally a bull wandered by outside so I honored it, killed it and suddenly I can lock/secure/unlock stuff again.

*sigh*

Thanks!

G

same thing happened to me. I waited and waited for a gm only to be told there was nothing they could do for me. Then I posted on the forums and got the help I needed. Glad it worked for you.

G

Could I point you gents to the FAQ and specifically the HEADER: Housing Related post? I think you'll recognize the issue!

Kask, sorry you hadda go thru the pain and thanks to Duncan for having "been there, done it" so he had the answer! It's now logged.

Toodles!