• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Un-used tiles

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,
I have windows 7 64 bit.

Ever since the Christmas gift patch There are items I cannot see and some are un-used.

I noticed it with the Snow tiles and Grass tiles. In my bag they are invisible, on the ground they are un-used.

If I open UO with UOA assist I can see it all though...

Any clue what I need to do?

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a common problem. There's a checkbox on the updater that says something to the effect of "Check all files". Try hitting that and restarting the updater. If that doesn't work, then I've had to fix it previously by reinstalling.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, been that long since I had serious time to mess with this.
I haven't tried it yet. I also noticed the new buffs leave blank spaces.

If I run with UOA - there are no problems of blank spaces, invisible items, or un-used tiles.

I'll try this later and post back

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've tried that. The only time I get to check for file type is if I open it with UOA. If I go into the classic client folder - and open it, it doesn't even try to patch so I can check for the file.

With UOA - I see the tiles and new buffs. Without it (using same client from same path) They just aren't there. If I hover over the blank buff, I get a description, just no image
------------------------------------
got it worked out. UOA is set to run as administrator in windows 7. I had to go into folder, go to properties and set the client (without uOA) to run as administrator

Last edited: