• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Ultima Online Newsletter #35

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So this is the second time I have noticed this and just need to ooint it out....

THIRD PARTY RESELLERS
We would also like to reiterate that the Origin store is the only guaranteed provider of codes for Ultima Online. The validity of a code purchased from a third-party seller (be it a friend, in-game acquaintance, or recommended site) cannot be guaranteed. Furthermore, any codes we find to have be fraudulently obtained will be disabled and an account that applies any of these codes will have that code removed from said account. This can result in the loss of game time, character slots, expansion access, Sovereigns (and the items purchased with them), in-game items and more. Please be advised that we cannot assist with any issues stemming from codes purchased via non-Origin means; you will be required to contact the vendor from which you purchased the code for further assistance.

I find it interesting that they don't say that doing this is against the TOS. They just say you need to deal with the third party site if something goes wrong....

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so.... the guy that spams for the third party site day in and day out..... do I page him for harrassment? have pages and pages of "avatar" on ignore now, it's gettin' old

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so.... the guy that spams for the third party site day in and day out..... do I page him for harrassment? have pages and pages of "avatar" on ignore now, it's gettin' old
I think we all have paged on this guy. I believe he works for the devs. What better way is there to have people buy their items then by the advertising of a site with overpriced items.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think we all have paged on this guy. I believe he works for the devs. What better way is there to have people buy their items then by the advertising of a site with overpriced items.
I doubt that. You can tell they are trying to stop him because he is now changing up how he posts his site now.