• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] Ultima 6 Clothmap

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi folks,

I got a near mint-perfect Ultima 6 Clothmap from a friend who dissolved his gaming collection:

Absolutely lovely - from a 27 year old game (published in 1990) which led the way for U 7 and UO. In my humble opinion, U 6 and U 7 were the best games ever in this series.

You can bid on this lovely map. Baseline:

International Mail Transport from Germany = 40 million pieces of gold. On top of this, I set a starting bid of 10 million pieces of gold. In sum, you can buy this with a starting bid of 50 million pieces of gold. Payment on Atlantic. Bid increments are 5 m until it goes up to 100 and from there, increments are your choice.

10 minutes-rule applies!

The auction ends sunday 2/5/17 at 2pm pac / 5pm est / 11pm europa.

Thank you!

UPDATE: LEADING BID 600 m from DEPRAVE.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloth! In perfect condition. No damage, no stains. Like new - warped from 1990!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will love it, promise. The picture cant even show how lovely and perfect it is. This map has fantastic colors and the tissue is undamaged. Like freshly taken out of the package. Its really like new and has been folded like this for 27 long years. You will not be disappointed. Its a really really cool item!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like 30x30 cm or 40x40 cm. Cant check it now, its in my office. I tell you tomorrow.

Last edited:

Rocco

Seasoned Veteran
Xellos, 650968665 If possible can you take a picture of the back and some of the stitching i just want a better idea about the material before i place a bid. Thank you

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The map has approx 15.75 x 16” measure, yellow back, the material is stiff cloth...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another pic, I stole from the Internet:

Tomorrow I can send more info...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another example... Depending on platform (Console, PC, Commodore) the package was different and the map was folded differently...

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is beautiful!

What part of Germany are you in? I'll be in Munich at the end of the month.

Rocco

Seasoned Veteran
Is the first picture when you posted this map the one you have atm for sale or is it another one off the internet? if so ill go 105 if not could you post yours so i know thank you 650968665 Xellos

Rocco

Seasoned Veteran
If so meaning the original not the internet one sorry said that weird =p 650968665 Xellos

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First pic is the map for sale, the others illustrating how the package looked like. More pics will come today.

Thanks for your bids so far!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No real money involved. I never paid anything for this and noboy transfers any money. Such maps have been traded here before, that was quite common in earlier years. You joined in Dec 2014, you are too noobish to remember :p

Read TOS: selling virtual goods for real-world currency is prohibited. Not trading real-world-goods... I guess, thats how things work, as long as they do not change it.

Thanks for taking care for your own threads.

Last edited:

Xavier-Catskills

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You can trade me your car for uo gold ;)

btw this could have went straight to ebay or amazon. I think its awesome owner wants a community player to own it, and made it easy to get with ingame currency. Great way to keep item where it belongs.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can trade me your car for uo gold ;)

btw this could have went straight to ebay or amazon. I think its awesome owner wants a community player to own it, and made it easy to get with ingame currency. Great way to keep item where it belongs.
That was exactly my intention! Thanks!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
@Nexus is this not RMT?
Yes and no...

The sale isn't for real world cash so in that regard no it's not RMT. However, Real World Items for In Game Currency is pretty much the only type of trade other than Virtual Item/Currency for Virtual Currency/Item that wasn't explicitly forbidden, we overlooked it because it is so infrequent. However this was the intent. Rather than demand this auction that's been in process, remained civil, and hasn't caused any problems be prematurely ended, we're letting THIS one auction of this type run it's course, no others are going to be allowed for the time being and we're going to think about if we are going to give these types of trades a green light in the future or not.

Crazy White Boy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a couple of these, as I bought many ultima games in the past. The OP is right, they are really cool items. Way back when digital stuff was allowed on ebay, it was littered with Ultima stuff and these maps were going 80-100 usd on average. So this little auction thing is very cheap, cool and fun all in one.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Nexus and Stratics-Team! Maybe it would be a nice idea to let these kinds of auctions be allowed in future, because its fun for everyone and keeps the cool stuff in the "family".

However, I would understand if you said "Sorry, no"

But for the moment: Thank you!

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the Ultima Online cloth map worth this much do you all think? I have that somewhere