• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UI updates in the works...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Status Bars

I'm currently re-writing the StatusBarTemplates.XML file. I've trimmed a good 120 lines of code out of the file (mostly commented out old KR templates for status bars) and I'm redefining each status bar so that there is a CLEAR listing as to which status bar is being called. I'm also tweaking the texture file in which the status bars are located to work best with this. I had found a bug in the latest updates to Pet Bars that caused them to not update properly (your pet has to lose quite a bit of health before the bar depletes), this will fix that issue, plus give me templates to work with should I need to resize any UI elements that include a status bar of some type.

Copper Enhanced

I'll be porting the updates to Copper Enhanced after the Status Bar project.

S

Sturdy

Dermott,
Thanks very much for your work on this. I really enjoy the UI.

O

Old Man of UO

Status Bars
... I'm also tweaking the texture file in which the status bars are located to work best with this. I had found a bug in the latest updates to Pet Bars that caused them to not update properly (your pet has to lose quite a bit of health before the bar depletes), ...
Dermott, I installed the latest Stone Enhanced and the last patch at the same time, so I am not sure which is causing this or if it is the same thing you are describing, but...

When I am fighting something with a lot of hit points (e.g. Renowned), the health bars never go to 0% but get stuck at 4% at the very end. I used this to time my last consecrate weapon so I wouldn't miss and lose perfection and luck. Now once it hits 4% health it stays there until dead.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get houses to display on the atlas and I'll be happy.
I think I've got this fixed, but I need to do some testing.
Assuming nothing goes wrong, I'll be updating Copper_Enhanced Stone_Enhanced, and Illandril's Choice (and maybe Legacy II) sometime later tonight with a new custom setting to enable/disable display of player houses.

I'm making it a toggle (and probably defaulting it to off) because of Axel's response to Lint's question in the HoC:
Lint - Will the EC map ever be able to display houses, custom houses? The EC seems to have a smaller housing cache than the classic client. Each time a house comes into view, even if I was just there 10 seconds earlier, it is slow to reload. Any plans on improving this, or an explanation why it happens?
Axel_Mythic - The EC map is a different beast from the CC map, so we use some image compression tricks to get the houses on there. Because the compression is costly to the cpu, the update rate takes a hit.
I don't want people with slower computers to start getting a big performance hit when they update their UIs (which is probably why EA has it turned off).