• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UHALL

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Why is this forum called UHALL? Is it legit to call it UHall? Or Uhall? How about U-Haul?

All this time playing UO, I still don't know how this forum got its name.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Always figured u stood for ultima and hall was a refrence to a town hall type discussion area. Course purely speculation on my part.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
It stands for "U-Haul" aka the thing they're gonna have to rent when we finally get fed up with the "Boards" ******** and we tell them to pack their stuff and move out because we're going elsewhere.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A long time ago someone that sounded important called it a town hall setting where Community and Game staff could meet and discuss things relevant to the improvement of UO.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It stands for "U-Haul" aka the thing they're gonna have to rent when we finally get fed up with the "Boards" ******** and we tell them to pack their stuff and move out because we're going elsewhere.
i honestly have no idea why you even come here?
you jump into threads and exclaim your dislike of stratics at every turn, yet hour after hour day after day you come back.
your a strange fella.
your like one of those self flagellants extremists, forcing yourself to endure the never ending pain that is stratics.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
A long time ago someone that sounded important called it a town hall setting where Community and Game staff could meet and discuss things relevant to the improvement of UO.
That long time ago was before Stratics even had a name... back when UO was still beta. Den Dragon and crew had a "town hall" where they discussed matters related to UO. It grew from a freebie forum. UHall is the oldest board with content (buried in pb and vb boards plus html archives) that goes back to beta days.

It is hoped that _someday_ that content will see the light of the interwebs again. Meanwhile, UHall is, plainly, "Ultima Hall" that is dedicated to all things UO (and Ultima).

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That long time ago was before Stratics even had a name... back when UO was still beta. Den Dragon and crew had a "town hall" where they discussed matters related to UO. It grew from a freebie forum. UHall is the oldest board with content (buried in pb and vb boards plus html archives) that goes back to beta days.

It is hoped that _someday_ that content will see the light of the interwebs again. Meanwhile, UHall is, plainly, "Ultima Hall" that is dedicated to all things UO (and Ultima).
Would love to see some that old stuff again someday. Would be kind of neat to have a open archive for those interested in the earliest days of UO and Stratics you just confirmed what I already suspected that there are volumes of history tucked away unseen :)

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Would love to see some that old stuff again someday. Would be kind of neat to have a open archive for those interested in the earliest days of UO and Stratics you just confirmed what I already suspected that there are volumes of history tucked away unseen :)
Is not that way on purpose. Tech changes. I know for a fact a lot of what is in the Old Stratics cannot be run on modern web servers due to support and licensing issues.
It will be a lot of manual work, a lot of code reading, the ability to set up an isolated environment (out of the cloud) and then plug away at migrating the content into something modern.

Wait... uh... nevermind... o.0

Anyhoo. It is a hope.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whether is comes to life again or not......... Still good know it still exist.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Really, I thought UHall = "Ultima (town) Hall" was so obvious as not to need any explanation. So I can only assume the post was a joke. Ha, ha. There.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If I was being funny, it would be more obvious. Well, to some people anyway. :)

I don't know why the abbreviation is obvious though.