• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ugh... How is Tactics and Anatomy used in damage calculation?

E

eekamouse

My friend are having this debate.

UOGuide says that:

<blockquote><hr>

Your level of Tactics determines how much of your Base Damage you are capable of inflicting on opponents. The percentage is equal to your skill plus + 50% (for example, at 120 skill points you will deal 170% of your base damage, while a fighter with no skill will only deal 50%).

[/ QUOTE ]

and

<blockquote><hr>

For Anatomy:

* At 30 skill you receive 15% damage increase.
* At 50 skill you receive 25% damage increase.
* At 80 skill you receive 40% damage increase.
* At 100 skill you receive 55% damage increase.
* At 120 skill you receive 65% damage increase.

This bonus is subject to a skill check with each strike dealt. If you fail the check, you don't get the bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are those statements true and do they add to 300% DI cap?

E

eekamouse

Awesome. Thanks. Lots of nice calculations on that page.

I know that EoO gives 50% DI. Do you know what Divine Fury, Perfection etc give?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Strength Damage Modifier = (Strength*0.3+ (Strength*0.05 if Strength is &gt;=100))/100
Tactics Damage Modifier = (Tactics/1.6 +(6.25 if Tactics &gt;=100))/100
Anatomy Damage Modifier = (Anatomy/2+ (5 if Anatomy is &gt;=100))/100
LumberJack Damage Modifier = (Lumberjack/5+ (Lumberjack/10 if Lumberjack&gt;=100))/100
Total Damage Modifier = Strength Mod + Tactics Mod + Anatomy Mod + LJ Mod + Damage Increase. If &gt; than 3, then = 3.

Total Weapon Damage (Damage) = Weapon Damage + (Weapon Damage * Total Damage Modifier)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
(edited for the next poster's finding the info that I was trying to remember - got most of it right, at least, before)

I think the first 4 lines are right, but the rest is wrong

It's been stated by the Devs, back when the DI caps were instituted (and confirmed in a FOF - see next post), that the STR, Anatomy, Tactics &amp; Lumberjack (though previous statements said otherwise for LJ, but there was talk of a change to this because it nerfed the skill) bonuses were NOT part of the DI cap formula, but applied to the weapon before the rest of the DI was, and that the result of that application is the displayed weapon damage on your status bar.

I believe the correct version of the last lines would be

Displayed Damage (on status bar) = Weapon Damage * (100% + STR Mod + Anatomy Mod + Tactics Mod + Lumberjack Mod)

Damage Increase = Weapon DI + equipment DI + Slayer DI + Talisman DI + DI from "spells" (Enemy of One, etc.)

If DI &gt; 300%, then DI = 300%

Final Damage = Displayed Damage + (DI * Displayed Damage), before resists.

Now, the Damage Bonus from a quiver is not part of these equations (also according to the Devs), but whether it is applied as part of the pre-DI sequence, or after it, I do not know (if it makes the weapon damage in your status bar go up, then it is probably before; if it doesn't, it may be after).

There is also some confusion over where "DI" includes the base damage of the weapon. For example, Slayer property has a rating of 200 which is supposed to be +100% DI, and Enemy of One has a rating of 100 which is supposed to be 50% DI, yet the two combined are supposed to be 300%? Perhaps the EoO &amp; slayer multiply each other (200% of 150% = 300%)? We really need a more detailed walkthrough of DI.

T

Trukx

http://www.uo.com/fof/fiveonfriday63.html

Found it finally.

Damage Increase and You
"For PVP and PVM: If I have gm tactics, gm anatomy, and 125 str how much DI percentage do I have w/o items?"

Stratics has the correct results for these calculations.

+68.75% for GM Tactics
+55% for GM Anatomy
+42.5% for 125 Strength

"People are saying there is a 300% DI cap for PVM, is this true? "

Yes, this is true, Damage Increase is capped at 300% (or a 300 internal damage rating). However, anatomy, tactics, strength, and lumberjacking are NOT included in that cap.

"If I have 300% DI and I cast Enemy of One will I even do more damage?"

If you already 300% Damage Increase from special moves and profession abilities, then the answer is no, Enemy of One will not increase your damage further.

Note: that a slayer weapon is double damage (a 200 damage rating). Enemy of One has a rating of 100. The combination of those two alone would reach our cap of 300.

"Are slayer weapons included in the PVM cap for DI?"

Yes.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's good to know. I thought all 5 were included in the 300% cap. I'll have to try that out on TC when I get home.

Well, I'm not sure now. I tried it out on TC. I gave myself 297% DI from Strength (133), Tactics (120), Anatomy (120), LJ (100), and DI (75). Then I added the Spirit of the Totem which should push my DI from these five to 303.75% and add 1 point to my Axe of the Heavens damage (up from 69 to 70), but the damage stayed at 69 (the low end went from 60 to 61). I'll have to play around with it some more....

E

eekamouse

So basically, as a Paladin, I just need to get about 50% in DI items, for normal encounters.

Use EoO for 50%, and then find the other 50% in items.

Well.. not even 50. Because I can use Perfection with Bushido and I think Divine Fury gets you a small bonus as well.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, if you read the rest of the post, you'll see that his original information was in error.

If you use both EoO and a slayer, the devs claim that it gives you max DI, but the math is cloudy. If you know what you are hunting, and it doesn't have a normal slayer, see if it has a talisman slayer category and/or "killer" property on a talisman (killer = specific creature slayer - think of it as EoO without the penalties).

T

Trukx

Im kinda of confused on it myself. I know w/ EOO and a slayer I do "X", and I also know that when i have EOO/Slayer/Bushido/Items I do "X+a lot more"....because I see the lil red numbers go higher.

But even after finding some of that info.......well........confused.

G

Go here in the Player Q&amp;A FAQ where I outline Jeremy's response to EoO and there is some work by poster Flin to show numbers - with/without slayer.