ugh Control Shift

• Thread starter Vash TheStampede
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
V

Vash TheStampede

Why is there no filter for control shift?
When I am on a guild hunt and I try to pull a monsters health bar to attack it or peace it. I use control shift but everything pops up and the health bar is always on the bottom.
Isn't there some way to filtering out things we don't want to see?
It sucks letting guild mates die just because I can't pull a health bar.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
I just recently learn about Control Shift recently :D
And to think, this whole time I was using my old "show all names" macro. But make a "show all names" macro instead. It's a lot neater and easier for getting a players profile, which you can then use to get their health bar.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
Yeah, but KR is moot/crap.

S

SUPRsalad

'bar-getting' has always been a major problem.. getting and keeping the bars you need has ALWAYS been a pain in the a$$. When WILL they fix this?
I have a solution..

Make the bars much, much smaller, so we can fit a bunch more on our screen.
I mean really, look at them.. they're mostly negative space, and they DONT need to be that long.

Then, we should get a designated space, of which we could CHANGE the size of, to save bars in...

the moment you 'next target' someone, you should get their bar too, IF they are on screen.. You would then be able to move that bar into the 'save these frickin bars' section you should have made at the bottom of your play window..

The section should be "gridded" so that bars can't overlap, and bs like that.
they just fit right into the slot and STAY there, whether that person DIES or not.. (why do we lose the bar of the guy who needs the most help atm?)

agreed..
fix the bars..

crawl
down
there
and
fix
them!

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
Uh... my bars don't go away when someone dies until I right click them. You must be doing something wrong.

S

SUPRsalad

well, SOMETIMES they don't go away..

c'mon. I know its the rants section, and its fun to argue with everything,
but you gotta admit, the bars thing is pretty whack.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
No, you're wrong. They work fine for me.

M

mutau

its only because Aran doesn't have as much targets as you do.

S

SUPRsalad

thank you! im often expected to x-heal for 8+ different people, and at the same time, pull targets and nuke them.

You should see my screen sometimes, its stupid...

somebody, please
FIX
IT

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 7, 2008
Legends
Bars can be a real pain in the a$$. They always have been for me. Whenever I go somewhere with a big group getting bars is always very difficult. Its especially annoying when you have all the bars up and then someone joins the party and all the bars move and go on top of one another. Or when you accidently click and they all disapear. I would love to see these fixed.. it makes me SO mad.

K

Kensai Tsunami

i have to agree with the op on this one. a more streamlined way of pulling bars and keeping them would be nice. its crazy trying to get a buds bar when there are all kinds of other bars and stuff flying all around them. i have gotten used to it and so it doesnt really bother me that much but it def could use a look.
:thumbsup:

...you can hold down the 'alt' key and then click the suspect bar. it will release the troublesome thing and you can move it to its correct spot with ease. i just found out about that one thx to the sticky thread in uohall created by Sarsmi. good job on that btw!

V

Vash TheStampede

I just think some useful filters would help a great deal.
Show guildmates Y/N
Show players Y/N
Show corpses Y/N
Show items on the ground Y/N

Oh and how about monster bars being on the bottom of the pile when you control shift in a crowd of guildmates, corpses and other things on the ground.
They should be on top of all the bars.