Typical EA: Strip Sampire BUT Give Warriors NOTHING New

• Thread starter galefan2004
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

galefan2004

Ok EA...

You don't like Sampires. We follow you there. A few people whined about a class they didn't have the skill to play or the patience to gear so you decided to destroy them. I can follow that logic. Thats exactly what a game that is losing more players than it gains every month should try to do. (/sarcasm)

However, where the hell is the new stuff for warrior templates. Warriors played Sampires because without that template most warriors were pathetically week. You have done nothing at all to weaken tamers that are now going to be farming stuff that warriors can't even touch do to the changes, but you nerfed warriors.

Either give warriors another way to solo and do it easily or remove that ability from tamers. It is better that you give warriors another way to solo more easily. If I want to group up to beat a challenge I log into WoW. If I want to solo stuff because I don't feel like dealing with others at the moment I log into UO. Stop trying to make UO clone WoW and require forced grouping. Forced grouping is the worst thing to ever happen to mmorpgs in the first place. I don't always want to play with others and I want to do more than kill balrons and bloods when I'm not playing with others.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 1, 2008
First off, its not a nerf, its fixing something that never should have been. No one should have benefits from a skill they dont have. Yes tamers seem overpowered now with greaters but the answer is not to add something new and overpowered for warriors. Maybe make it so Greaters cant attack players or somethin like that. The problem is that no one should be able to solo a peerless, whether its a tamer or sampire. they were made for groups not solo. The only people who should complain are the peerless farmers who play to farm and not for fun

C

Connor_Graham

The problem is that no one should be able to solo a peerless
That's a matter of opinion. One of UO's strongest points is the lack of forced grouping.

G

galefan2004

First off, its not a nerf, its fixing something that never should have been.
It is a nerf because it was poorly but legally designed in the first place. It was an oversite, but fixing it IS a nerf. If you have yourself deluded to a different opinion then you are simply incorrect.

No one should have benefits from a skill they dont have.
Then there is no use for skill jewelery at all. It shouldn't be in the game. If you aren't susposed to bennefit from skills you don't have then go back 6 years and tell AoS idiots not to put skill items in the game. Instead of doing that they allowed people to spend small fortunes on completing a suit then decided that suit wasn't viable. Its a stupid solution for a MMORPG (especially one that hemorages players and ravages veteran's the way EA does).

Yes tamers seem overpowered now with greaters but the answer is not to add something new and overpowered for warriors. Maybe make it so Greaters cant attack players or somethin like that.
Greaters are on par for pvm. Greaters are slightly overpowered against a newb pvper that can't understand to drop the tamer or for a stealth tamer template. However, they reign pvm and that is simply not fair. Every class should be able to solo everything in UO. The game was created on that principle and sold on that principle for years. It wasn't until publish 16 that that actually changed as people weren't able to solo harrowers.

The problem is that no one should be able to solo a peerless, whether its a tamer or sampire. they were made for groups not solo. The only people who should complain are the peerless farmers who play to farm and not for fun
You are so sadly mistaken. Every template that is viable for pvm should be able to solo everything in this game. If you don't like that people solo harder encounters then go play WoW which has forced grouping at its core. The majority of UO veterans chose this game and stuck with this game because everything was soloable if you put in the skill and the effort. Then some scrubs came along and didn't put forth the skill or the effort and started whining about those that did. As I said before and I'll say again, if I want to put up with being forced to group then I log into WoW and if I don't want to deal with online jack offs then I log into UO. Its not a hard concept really. UO was designed for everything to be soloable when it was originally designed in 1997. WoW was designed to force grouping when it was released. Stop trying to polute UO by removing the ability to solo and turning it into a WoW clone because the problem with WoW clones is they simply make people want to play the real thing after awhile.

G

galefan2004

That's a matter of opinion. One of UO's strongest points is the lack of forced grouping.
Thats about the only thing they actually have going for them right now, and instead of playing up that strength they decided to WoW clone like crazy. Small wonder why they lose people to WoW when they want to make the game just like WoW without the graphics or the fun.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 12, 2008
Exactly, I (mainly) play UO because I can go out and kill whatever I want, by myself, without waiting forever to get a group together. I will go and do peerlesses with guild, but the majority of my time was spent playing solo. Forcing us to group is just ridiculous and one of the reasons I refuse to play WoW.

G

galefan2004

Exactly, I (mainly) play UO because I can go out and kill whatever I want, by myself, without waiting forever to get a group together. I will go and do peerlesses with guild, but the majority of my time was spent playing solo. Forcing us to group is just ridiculous and one of the reasons I refuse to play WoW.
Forced grouping in WoW is not that bad really. You are forced to group, but there are tools in the game to actually find a group. You can find a group in WoW in about 10-20 minutes tops. You can find a raid group (10 man) in about 30-45 minutes. You can find a 25 man raid group (lower teir stuff) in about 1-2 hours TOPS. In UO, if you aren't lucky enough to be in an active guild on an active server you are probably not touching anything hard because you are probably not getting a group together for it.

C

Connor_Graham

Don't get me wrong. Sampires, and most certainly Wammy's, are far from gone, and can still function just as well as they always have. I think some fine tuning of the warrior's skills could be made to enable them to tank better, but as things stand now, Sampires are still alive and well.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oct 1, 2006
Crashapeake
community.stratics.com
First off, its not a nerf, its fixing something that never should have been. No one should have benefits from a skill they dont have.
Then the Fix should have been the removal of +Skill items because even with them equipped you gain the benefits of skill you don't have. At least by that logic that would be the right fix.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 12, 2008
Yeah, sampires can still be used, but how effective are they if they have to drop either healing or parry just to have tanking ability? I'm predicting the wraith samurai is the new template for 90% of high-end warriors.

C

Connor_Graham

I don't know of anyone using a Sampire template that had Healing to begin with. I know mine sure didn't.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
How many "Sampire" threads does it take... *shakes head*

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 2, 2008
Scotland
If people just play by themselves, why do they need to kill the big things anyway? You aren't in a competition with anyone.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Ok EA...

You don't like Sampires. We follow you there. A few people whined about a class they didn't have the skill to play or the patience to gear so you decided to destroy them. I can follow that logic. Thats exactly what a game that is losing more players than it gains every month should try to do. (/sarcasm)

However, where the hell is the new stuff for warrior templates. Warriors played Sampires because without that template most warriors were pathetically week. You have done nothing at all to weaken tamers that are now going to be farming stuff that warriors can't even touch do to the changes, but you nerfed warriors.

Either give warriors another way to solo and do it easily or remove that ability from tamers. It is better that you give warriors another way to solo more easily. If I want to group up to beat a challenge I log into WoW. If I want to solo stuff because I don't feel like dealing with others at the moment I log into UO. Stop trying to make UO clone WoW and require forced grouping. Forced grouping is the worst thing to ever happen to mmorpgs in the first place. I don't always want to play with others and I want to do more than kill balrons and bloods when I'm not playing with others.

For starters A sampire hardly took any skill. 2nd this is a MMO people shouldnt be able to solo everything in game peerless were designed for people to do in groups. 3rd: people were exploiting the fact they didnt need necro skill to use vamp form. In the end the devs did a good job of this. They didnt nerf the sampire but made it where you had to have necro skill to remain in the form witch is the way it should be.

Hopefully next they fix the little problem of people stoning scribe to other characters for the +5 in all Elemental resists then removeing scribe. The benifits (no loss to phys resist) of casting magic reflect, and reactive armor with gm scribe should go away once scribe is removed from that player.

S

Starla

I don't think the nerf is due to the fact that sampire can solo peerless, a tamer-mage with greater drag / warrior-tamer can solo peerless as well. I also have a sampire, and the adjustment I will make is to remove healing or switch to necro+SS. It's just a slight inconvenience. :)

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
It is a nerf because it was poorly but legally designed in the first place. It was an oversite, but fixing it IS a nerf. If you have yourself deluded to a different opinion then you are simply incorrect.

Then there is no use for skill jewelery at all. It shouldn't be in the game. If you aren't susposed to bennefit from skills you don't have then go back 6 years and tell AoS idiots not to put skill items in the game. Instead of doing that they allowed people to spend small fortunes on completing a suit then decided that suit wasn't viable. Its a stupid solution for a MMORPG (especially one that hemorages players and ravages veteran's the way EA does).
You know, you can still use skill jewelry to cast into forms. Just keep the jewels on! By taking them off you should NOT be able to benefit from the skills that you no longer have. Skill jewelery has a use, just gotta keep them on, duh. Exploits have a tendency to be the result of an oversight as it is.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
For starters you know nothing about the sampire then :/

LoL. I have been playing mages for as long as I have played UO I have 30 macros programmed with an extra 36 between my M2,M3 buttons and I know a character a dexer for that matter that uses 4-6 macros does not take much skill.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
LoL. I have been playing mages for as long as I have played UO I have 30 macros programmed with an extra 36 between my M2,M3 buttons and I know a character a dexer for that matter that uses 4-6 macros does not take much skill.
Ohhh, ok. So "skill" in a game is based on how many macros you have assigned. Now I get it :p

:D

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Ohhh, ok. So "skill" in a game is based on how many macros you have assigned. Now I get it :p

:D
No but being able to remember witch does what, does. Besides you can train any monkey to play a dexer :).

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oct 1, 2006
Crashapeake
community.stratics.com
I don't know of anyone using a Sampire template that had Healing to begin with. I know mine sure didn't.
I do here's my template....

Mace Fighting 120.0 120.0
Parrying 115.0 115.0
Bushido 100.0 100.0
Tactics 100.0 100.0
Anatomy 90.0 90.0
Healing 90.0 90.0
Chivalry 65.0 50.0
Necromancy 42.0 40.0

I'll probably do like others mentioned and drop the Healing and boost the Necro up to 100 and drop the rest into Parry , Anatomy, and Bushido with another 5 added to Chiv

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 12, 2008
And challenges should be difficult.
And they are.

And knowing your macros is an entirely different thing than using them effectively. If it's so easy, make a sampire and solo all 6 peerlesses and Doom before Publish 56.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Ok EA...

Couple suggestions ... FIRST -> USE ANY ONE OF THE 20 FREAKING THREADS ALREADY STARTED ABOUT THIS GOLDANG TOPIC! I hope they lock this and give you a warning for spamming.

TWO -> I play primarily warrior templates and have NEVER used a Sampire - with or without real skill. I have had zero problem doing whatever it was I wanted to do. It is called using your brain for tactics instead of a cheap trick.

THREE -> Stop whining that you can no longer have 100 "free" skill points. Get the frack over it and realize you were using a loop hole and that hole is now closing.

FOUR -> Did I say stop whining, yet? I don't get to take off my +Tactics bracelet or my +Resist ring and keep the benefits, now, neither do you. Cope or Leave.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 26, 2008
I just don't like messing with that icky necromancy. It feels evil :)

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Lake Superior
crysta-elf.deviantart.com
You know.. I do remember the devs saying the peerlesses were DESIGNED to REQUIRE large groups of people to kill. The players breaking that and deciding to consider it the norm was all just the marriage of coincidence and greed.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 12, 2008
You know.. I do remember the devs saying the peerlesses were DESIGNED to REQUIRE large groups of people to kill. The players breaking that and deciding to consider it the norm was all just the marriage of coincidence and greed.
Provide a link.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oct 1, 2006
Crashapeake
community.stratics.com
Things change, 10 years ago someone man handling Ancient Wyrms and Balrons Solo on a Dexxer was a big deal for the player. The game has changed characters and equipment has gotten more powerful, monsters haven't been scaled to keep pace with reason. This isn't a level based game, it's open ended and free from to the most part in character development, there is always going to be some balance issue because of that. Personally I'd rather they just suck it up and deal with it rather than continually force the game towards standardized templates. Yes do something about item dependence but make sure you evaluate the entire picture.

How many things in UO have ever been Group only other than event mobs? None..... I play East Coast shards, due to ping times, ever tried to find a group for going to the Dread Horn at 4 am EST on Chessy? Some folks don't like going to peerless in big groups, I prefer 2-3 people tops. I run peerless because I like the loot, and challenge. How much challenge is a peerless for 30 folks? None. I've ran them so often in groups that with 5 people they are extremely easy.

Sampires have little effect outside PvM it's not a common template on most shards in PvP and it's easily handled in PvP by folks that actually know what they are doing.

Are you folks just upset because you have to wait longer to get into a peerless? If so your a bunch of greedy savages.

Is it you've tried the Sampire but couldn't get the hang of it? If so then tough cookies maybe the template wasn't for you.

If it's a "They can do it but I can't that's not fair" issue then you need to grow up and quit whining like a bunch of 4 year olds. It's really funny that the majority of UO's player base are adults but Oh lord let them choose not to pick a template or be good at playing a template and they all mentally regress out of jealousy because they can't do something someone else can.

Is this change going to get rid of Sampires...Nope they'll be around they'll just adapt. Get used to it give it a couple weeks and Sampires will still be going solo at peerless, then what?

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Is this change going to get rid of Sampires...Nope they'll be around they'll just adapt. Get used to it give it a couple weeks and Sampires will still be going solo at peerless, then what?
Good ... then at least they will be doing it within the same game mechanics all other templates are bound to. They don't even have to get the real skill ... they just have to build their suit around the items they need to have on all the time - just like everyone else. You say "Adults don't cry fair"? I say adults know when what they are doing is a loophole and is, in fact, unbalanced.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 19, 2002
No, it's not really a matter of opinion. There were days, way back when, when not everything in the game was soloable.

The fact that EVERYTHING in the game is pretty much soloable by one template or another speaks to a major failure of UO, not one of its strengths.

If people want to solo-play so badly, they should log out and go buy a Wii.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oct 1, 2006
Crashapeake
community.stratics.com
No, it's not really a matter of opinion. There were days, way back when, when not everything in the game was soloable.

The fact that EVERYTHING in the game is pretty much soloable by one template or another speaks to a major failure of UO, not one of its strengths.

If people want to solo-play so badly, they should log out and go buy a Wii.
So back before the days of Uber Suits and Weapons, +Skill Jewels and Mods me soloing the toughest monsters in the game on a dexxer wasn't possible? Come on it's always been possible to Solo EVERY creature if you had the skill an patience to do so. Forced Grouping is what keeps a lot of us from switching to games like EQ and WoW where ridged templates and character design force grouping. If you want Force Grouping then I'm sure Sony or Blizzard would be happy to have you aboard.

UO was designed to be a Virtual Society it where every individual could pursue their interests in the game as they saw fit within the ability of their character and the game mechanics, remember before UO there wasn't a commercially successful MMORPG I don't think the term MMORPG had been coined yet as a name for the genre. If you want to do group activities Fine that's your choice but just like in a real society there are loners and individuals who do things that others just don't believe or think should be possible.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Cats/Europa
How many "Sampire" threads does it take... *shakes head*
Apparently...
*counts thread on just the first page*

And exactly 0 of the thread posters realize that the Sampire template isn't even close to dead. Heck, it isn't even on life support.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Apparently...
*counts thread on just the first page*

And exactly 0 of the thread posters realize that the Sampire template isn't even close to dead. Heck, it isn't even on life support.
Exactly.

Hilarious at some of the stupidity I`ve read.Especially since they didn`t nerf a damned thing.

D

Divster

For gods sake enough with the omg sammy's are dead threads, they are not dead they simply need a small template tweak and considering they could take advantage of something with as few skill points needed as were, it was long overdue. I play a sammy and saw this coming ages ago and have adjusted my template accordingly. So can you.

Secondly this is not wow, one person above said how in wow u can easily find groups to raid/hunt with ***news flash*** this is not so easy in uo for a large amount of people, we have none of those tools to facilitate grouping and even if we did, why should we have to wait for 45-50 mins as was stated in order to do something we want to do now?? The great thing about uo is the freedom to do anything u want. Want to pvp anywhere anytime? goto fel and you can, no need for any arenas or organised raids. Yes this is an mmo but even in wow people train thier chars and do quests alone, why? BECAUSE THEY WANT TO. This has no bearing on the mmo part of the game and using this argument is ridiculous. Ever crafted in your house alone? Ever gone training your char alone? I suspect the answer for the vast majority of players is yes.

I certainly can't solo all the high end critters in the game, but I can do a fair few, just because I have trouble finding groups to do these things with does that mean i should be denied the right to to these things? I give the loot I get to my guildmates just as often as keep them for myself, and those I keep I often sell, thus linking into the rest of the community and being part of the uo mmo scene, you don't like that? fine carry on going in as a group, being able to do them quicker and with less risk , doesn't bother me and what I do has no effect on you other than one in your own head of your own making!

C

Connor_Graham

Since pretty much everything in the game IS soloable, did you ever stop to think that maybe it was that way by design, and not EVERYTHING in the game was a failure?

Would seem to make much more sense than the entire game being a major failure, especially since it's not.

*hears Aristotle roll over in his grave and go Hmmmm*

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 27, 2008
Athens, Greece
I dunno if it will dissappoint you but regarding your question about new Warrior stuff.. But..

Don't expect any skill additions until after SA. And that's Jeremy's word on it. :sad4: My post was about Dual Wield specifically but the way I perceived J's answer was what I tell you.
If someone understood it differently say so.

Except what SA will introduce- which is more spells, and more ranged stuff.
Unless "Berzerk"(as a Racial ability) appeals to you.

From my experience mainly with Trolls in WoW I can tell you such abilities that fire off when you're about to die are junk for countless reasons. For example if you heal up it could get deactivated therefore actually being useless.
Knowing EA and seeing what they are doing to this game I say don't hold your breath about Gargs reviving Warrior classes just because of that Racial. And we already have loads of weapons for Warriors, adding more don't mean anything.

As an OT side-note Blizzard is trying to fix Trolls a little but from what I hear from old guildies still in WoW nobody's willing to roll a Troll just to see.

From my view-point UO lacks a 2Hand skill, a Shieldsfighting skill to make shields appealing, Dual Wield, solid and balanced on all ends Poisoning/Potioning system, a better Magic Resistance skill, re-designing of most weapons because 80% of them are useless. Then you get the problems with Disarm/Dismount and the fact there's no way to slow down your opponent WITHOUT slowing yourself down like a Cripping Strike or whatever. No it's NOT THE SAME as ANY form of paralysis currently offered. I mean come on , we're close-range non-casters and don't really wanna go gimp. Give us something.

That's just to name a few that would directly affect Melee/Non-casting classes. As for Melee/Casting classes I really don't care. They fare much better just for having either Chiv, Necro, Magery etc..

Oh and before someone tries to say Bushido is the 2Hander skill I talk about. With the current potions system all use 1Hand because of Pots.. :sad4: Maybe if that was fixed the argument would be more valid but then again, just extra blocking? Meh.. Not much.
And Ninjitsu is even worse, if some use it it's for Forms and DS if they got Stealth/Hide. I think there's 1-2 persons still using DS on the whole PvP scene on Europa, and they aren't reaaaaally successful either.

I myself had tried to make a viable Focus Attack/DS/Poison/Bleed spamming Ninja. No matter what gear I slapped on, it sucked. Then I tried messing with the Ki Attack, that was even worse. Unusable really.
Backstab's 1-timer and also useless, better to start with AI.
And Surprise Attack is a waste of your... Surprise attack. Better to start with DS from Stealth.

Not even Nox/Dexxer switching between Cleaver/Bone Harvester(for Mortal) cuts it- literally.

Non-casting Warriors need some :love:LOVE:love: (New abilities and skills) in this game, especially shieldsfighters and 2Handers or Dual Wield fans.

Kk sorry for the length. I guess I'm getting tired of casting additions and lame range skills and racials.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 1, 2008
You seem to misunderstand, If a person uses items to get to 99 necromancy thats fine, if they keep the items on while usin vamp. otherwise its like getting benefits of a skill thats no longer on the template. It would be like a mage having the benefit of gm meditation but they only swap it on and then off thier char whenever they die. nobody should have use of more skills then they have room for. So again, if you have a sampire and either have the real skill or constantly wear a suit that gives you enough skill, then thats fine, but if you soulstone off the skill or switch the skill boostin suit, thats imbalanced. Now the fact that one person can solo peerless, thats not right. They were not made for solo and people know it. The items found on peerless weren't meant to be endlessly farmed by solo people. Its easy to go on any shard and find at least 2 other people to join in a peerless. They should be buffed up and made so theres no more soloing, some undesireable people would dislike it but they will just have to change thier farming routine, or maybe they could try playing the game for fun and not profit.

E

Evilminion

Sorry, but I'm going to have to agree with the folks here who say that A) Peerless aren't meant to be defeated solo, and B) you shouldn't be able to maintain a skill-based ability if your skill falls below that level.

The first time I ever heard about sampires, my little gamer brain screamed "exploit!" and I assumed it would be corrected at some point.

I think perhaps you should be happy it was allowed for as long as it was, instead of being upset that mommy finally figured out who was getting into the cookie jar and took it away... :D

C

Connor_Graham

Sorry, but I'm going to have to agree with the folks here who say that A) Peerless aren't meant to be defeated solo
Please provide a link where this has been officially stated. Otherwise this is merely opinion.

One which Mythic would be foolish to hold for itself.

Very foolish.

D

Divster

You seem to misunderstand, If a person uses items to get to 99 necromancy thats fine, if they keep the items on while usin vamp. otherwise its like getting benefits of a skill thats no longer on the template. It would be like a mage having the benefit of gm meditation but they only swap it on and then off thier char whenever they die. nobody should have use of more skills then they have room for. So again, if you have a sampire and either have the real skill or constantly wear a suit that gives you enough skill, then thats fine, but if you soulstone off the skill or switch the skill boostin suit, thats imbalanced. Now the fact that one person can solo peerless, thats not right. They were not made for solo and people know it. The items found on peerless weren't meant to be endlessly farmed by solo people. Its easy to go on any shard and find at least 2 other people to join in a peerless. They should be buffed up and made so theres no more soloing, some undesireable people would dislike it but they will just have to change thier farming routine, or maybe they could try playing the game for fun and not profit.
Get off your high horse and stop assuming anyone who disagrees with your OPINION is automatically greedy or undesirable. Many of these "undesirable people" are far finer people than many I see go with groups on these hunts and do not do it to "farm" or to satisfy their own greed, but for the challenge that these things offer for the solo player. As for your statement about it being easy to find anyone, anytime to do these with you, this simply is not true, even when there are plenty of people online in ones guild, it can be hard to get even one other person to join you, never mind someone from outside. Not always granted, and I for one spend a large amount of time gathering keys for my guild to go as a group, but often, peoples plans change and I am left to tackle it alone, it takes me longer, I often fail and I am at considerably more risk while doing this.

If it bothers you that one person can get the loot that would normally be spread over several, there is nothing stopping you from attempting the same. Our enjoyment has no bearing on yours and it is simply your greed and jealousy over what u don't have that is causing you to take this attitude

B

Bodhi

This should really stop, these "solo peerless" discussions. They are going to do what is right; they will change the effect of taking of jewelry and keeping skillpoints when doing so. Thats a good thing. Now people are complaining about peerless shouldnt be done solo. Now i strongly object against this, i spend 1 month building a sampire, now before i even got to use it, they are already going to "nerf" it. Ok, i can live with that, i switch template around to wammy investing even more time in this, fair enough, but now certain people want to take the entire solo'ing aspect of peerless away.
Ive spent enough time in building the template, finding the right items etc etc, i believe i am allowed to have some fun in UO as well? I dont pvp, i only pvm, and its reallly really hard to find more then 2 people online at the same time who want to go fight peerless with me. If u take away solo'ing aspect of pvm, then u must first attract more players, merge shards, or anything else to provide more active players. Theres nothing more challenging in pvm then solo'ing, it takes loads of practice, preperation, and many deaths to master it. Ive seen the best bite the dust. If in 2 weeks i log in again, and i read another FOF about nerfing, i'll be taking a time-out from uo, even thou its my biggest love of all. Add more to the game before u take it all away!