• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tygrath's Discovery (New slot jump Bug)

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon all.. as you know Tygrath has been hanging with us on LS.. well today he had a mare and fire beetle he was training at sea... he crossed a server line( not the seamless one , but the ones that cause a full UI restart.. ya get nakid and bag closes etc) and the pets slot jump.. disconnecting them from the taming system code.. it did not invest any of the points..( it auto jumps it to 5 slot.. one pet was at 4 went to 5 another 3 went to 5) and while it lets us restart the training and get a bar because its considered a 5slot by the game it never gains %..( It looks like when it reconnects to the system it uses the final code on the pet.. this is the code that is proc when you invest your last point going form 4-5 slot.. it like a red leaf for pets making its stats unchangible.) We are going to try some test to see if we can get the lost slot back later.. But just be careful taking your training pets across server lines at sea.. Thank you again for this heads up my friend. =^-^=

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We both filed bug reports, this was just being nice giving a public service announcement :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This is why I don't do weird stuff to train my pets...I fight stuff on land like I always do and have never had a problem with any of the pets I've tamed and trained up :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is one of the two bugged pets, other was a fire beetle that jumped 3-5 slots. This one was at 75% of making 5 slot and dropped to 0% and jumped to 5 slot with the training bare still present at zero % and it will not gain. Be very careful crossing server lines that close your packs and make you skip.

bad bug.png

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is why I don't do weird stuff to train my pets...I fight stuff on land like I always do and have never had a problem with any of the pets I've tamed and trained up :)
The beetle was on land and I would hardly call using the potential of the High Seas any weirder than going to the bottom of shame and beating on a crazy mage ;) And there are plenty of server lines that cross the land as well.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hmm I wonder if recalling or gating across server lines could cause same, as there was a similar bug with the raise undead summoned hell steeds(years ago, maybe still is), where they didn't lose hit points

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm I wonder if recalling or gating across server lines could cause same, as there was a similar bug with the raise undead summoned hell steeds(years ago, maybe still is), where they didn't lose hit points
One south of zento at sea, other somewhere around ice dungeon, tried it on a couple of junk pets on various other server lines triggered it eventually on everyone I tried, so this is a very small sampling but looks to be a 1 in 75-100 deal and this particular server line bug only affects pets in training....... I guess that was obvious though LOL