• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Two Issues To Fix Next Patch

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, the point was you can't provide a vague response to a legitimate issue and call it crying.
Well i dont see an issue in alchemy. So what response do you want.

I see the issue in people who are not able to adapt certain situations.

How long do alchemy give a bonus to EP? I cannot remember this is something new.

Its like saying you need to ban Sports cars because they got more power than the average pile of crap which is not fair

Or remove all requirements for Jobs because some are not having an University degree.

Its in your hands to adapt.

Basically i dont really care if someone is complaining but my fear is that a dev pick this up and spent time in implementing a fix for a not broken thing instead of working on the real isssues of that game.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

How long do alchemy give a bonus to EP? I cannot remember this is something new.

Its like saying you need to ban Sports cars because they got more power than the average pile of crap which is not fair

Or remove all requirements for Jobs because some are not having an University degree.

Basically i dont really care if someone is complaining but my fear is that a dev pick this up and spent time in implementing a fix for a not broken thing instead of working on the real isssues of that game.
Alchemy's a 10% boost for every 33 points in it, so 30% at GM (possibly 99, but I'm not sure if it's actually 33 or 33.3.), much like the 10% from GM Inscription.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Alchemy's a 10% boost for every 33 points in it, so 30% at GM (possibly 99, but I'm not sure if it's actually 33 or 33.3.), much like the 10% from GM Inscription.
Thats correct. But isn't that since "forever" ?

It was no problem the last 19 years and now littl Miss Sunshine OP feels treated unfair.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats correct. But isn't that since "forever" ?

It was no problem the last 19 years and now littl Miss Sunshine OP feels treated unfair.
Templates that existed 19 years ago don't necessarily mean something's not ridiculous NOW. The damage potential of templates is far greater than it's ever been.

Blazing won't argue against pots because he abuses the **** out of them for their offensive capability, as do most players. While Yew gate on Atl is hardly representative, why do you think the majority of templates there all have the same skills, with some variation and maybe 3 that are viable. You get greater variety at spawns, with the added benefit of very few Gate regulars.

Regardless, instant kill combos (from a single person) are stupid and should not exist. THAT is imbalanced, and every game ever removes them when they become a problem.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fyi: Insta kills stopped to exist. If u let a mage cast explo flame it means u are just bad

InfernO will come to get you

-Hey Arnold-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol Alchy is fine As for conflags im give u guys a tip. Dont run threw them they do 0 damage :D maybe we should buff them? heh

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If u dont run threw them they do 0 damage? maybe thats why u hate them u dont know how they work? hehe
Since you are clearly an idiot: They still do damage if you just stand in the middle of the conflag. Please learn how things work before spouting off about things you obviously know nothing about. PS: it's through, not threw. Here's the difference: "Don't run through the conflags." "He threw the ball."

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

You're using a straw man argument.

I never said anything in favor or against nerfing alchemy.

Let's keep the response relevant to the issue, without being dismissive of legitimate issues you may not agree with.

Aside from this, the sports car analogy is way out in left field.

Regardless, i agree any and all changed should come with due diligence and not at the whim of a request.

-Hey Arnold-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you are clearly an idiot: They still do damage if you just stand in the middle of the conflag. Please learn how things work before spouting off about things you obviously know nothing about. PS: it's through, not threw. Here's the difference: "Don't run through the conflags." "He threw the ball."
lol yeah sorry man my bad i just never run "through" them so i did not know they did damage when u stand in them...loooooooooool. Seems like your new to pvp..if u want i can help u get better and throw a bunch of conflags and u can practice not running in them.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol yeah sorry man my bad i just never run "through" them so i did not know they did damage when u stand in them...loooooooooool. Seems like your new to pvp..if u want i can help u get better and throw a bunch of conflags and u can practice not running in them.
And your pvp lessons will be the same as Blazing's, I take it? How many links will be provided?

genchattroll101

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Cossack curses himself in pvp kid isn't even a pvper, don't listen to him. Conflags do a lot of damage but the trade off is you have to be dumb enough to be in them for them to damage you. Pretty good trade off if you ask me, if someone isn't dumb they're rendered useless unless situational.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just to interject something, a lot of time I see people stunned and then they have a conflag dropped on them which doesn't leave much choice but to run through them to get out.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're a non factor in a terrible 20 man guild who gets rolled by myself and two other people, videos of it uploaded. You're also 0-5 in fights vs me. Settle down.
lol @ Bane's BFF talking like he's good. Please go back to his vent for your nightly *******.

And our fight record, in particular our duels? Do I really need to review them?

1) You needed to go into Protection to get a Cleansing Winds off. Sorry kiddo, but if you need to do this in a duel, you're not good...and come to think of it, you weren't the only one that needed to do it in a duel against me.
2) Casting Focus proc on Spell Plague. I stopped caring when that happened.

Just to interject something, a lot of time I see people stunned and then they have a conflag dropped on them which doesn't leave much choice but to run through them to get out.
Unless it's between houses, you can teleport away with no problems. The conflag ticks if you're standing still are slow enough to get it off with no issues.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
lol @ Bane's BFF talking like he's good. Please go back to his vent for your nightly *******.

1) You needed to go into Protection to get a Cleansing Winds off. Sorry kiddo, but if you need to do this in a duel, you're not good...and come to think of it, you weren't the only one that needed to do it in a duel against me.

Unless it's between houses, you can teleport away with no problems. The conflag ticks if you're standing still are slow enough to get it off with no issues.
It's true, though when I play a dex template I often find I forgot to pack teleport scrolls.

genchattroll101

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran

Do I need to post three screenshots of you dying to my dexxers and a video of our one duel on LS + two duels on ATL you lost?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's true, though when I play a dex template I often find I forgot to pack teleport scrolls.
Wow "You're not a pvper!" if you forget teleport scrolls! It's required to have every single useful pot/scroll for pvp for you to be "A Proper pvper". /sarcasm.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm enjoying this thread because I pretty much fail at pvp and would love to learn all of the ins and outs, but the intelligent respectable replies that I'm very impressed with are going to get overshadowed , and by that I mean get the thread locked, by the gen chat drama.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Wow "You're not a pvper!" if you forget teleport scrolls! It's required to have every single useful pot/scroll for pvp for you to be "A Proper pvper". /sarcasm.
Haha!

It is true though that my pvp has dwindled over the last year, and it can be frustrating that I forget the scrolls and then occasionally get trapped between efields in despise or something stupid that I know better not to get caught in.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can we keep this thread on topic please! Like I said before its not just about the damage they do which is way too much, but also use them as a getaway tactic to avoid pvp when theyre losing. They just run between houses or somewhere with a 2-5 tile area and toss two conflags and wait for them to come through or just get their heals off. Its ruining pvp and causes more chasing then fighting. You take the damage they do and add 30sdi+ to it, it literally takes one spell to kill someone if they chase through to get the person that was running purposely to throw them. Balance is needed to better pvp in general. So far the only people who are against this change are the people who use it non stop, how funny is that. I say either hard cap EP or take it away from pure templates by adding it to the SDI break list. Alchemy afterall is a crafting skill not a pvp skill. It is meant for people to create potions not add damage to their potions.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rofl at dc being bad at uo

InfernO will come to get you[/QUOTE

See more personal attacks from blazing, go figure. I don't have any issues fighting you blazing, youll never beat solo its not my concern. Im making a simple point of something being OP and causing bad pvp. Why do you think when you log in to pvp and there's no one for you to fight?? When people go fight its the same predicatble nonsense, flag, run to spot to drop pots, if they don't run through, you run til timer is up and find another spot, drop pots and so on and on. That's not pvp, its just stupid.

genchattroll101

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Can we keep this thread on topic please! Like I said before its not just about the damage they do which is way too much, but also use them as a getaway tactic to avoid pvp when theyre losing. They just run between houses or somewhere with a 2-5 tile area and toss two conflags and wait for them to come through or just get their heals off. Its ruining pvp and causes more chasing then fighting. You take the damage they do and add 30sdi+ to it, it literally takes one spell to kill someone if they chase through to get the person that was running purposely to throw them. Balance is needed to better pvp in general. So far the only people who are against this change are the people who use it non stop, how funny is that. I say either hard cap EP or take it away from pure templates by adding it to the SDI break list. Alchemy afterall is a crafting skill not a pvp skill. It is meant for people to create potions not add damage to their potions.
But you're not a pvper...

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't see conflags as a get away to be that big a deal. Running between two houses and throwing two conflags to get away from the gank squad is just as effective as throwing a stone wall behind you... if they are dumb enough to run through the former, you make them pay.

Last edited:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL, how come only the people who abuse this say its no big deal. Cracks me up. People apparently just want more dps to finish fights as fast as humanly possible, Ruin any kind of tactical fight where people might have to think and use intelligence. God forbid fights become more fun for all players. Stop trolling my posts or I will report them

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But you're not a pvper...
lol @ the peanut gallery determining who is and who isn't a pvp'er. Player versus player - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia seems to indicate that it's at least two people fighting. Considering this, DC is, in fact, a pvp'er...as am I. Please refer to my earlier post that you quoted, and follow the instructions I started off with, since you're clearly incapable of giving a LOGICAL counter-argument other than "Hurr durr, I'm Genesis and I abuse the potions, so they're not OP"

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL, how come only the people who abuse this say its no big deal. Cracks me up. People apparently just want more dps to finish fights as fast as humanly possible, Ruin any kind of tactical fight where people might have to think and use intelligence. God forbid fights become more fun for all players. Stop trolling my posts or I will report them
People pointed out that to die by conflags takes some horrible situational awareness in the field, so you brought up that the problem is it's too easy for people to get away. I brought up a third circle spell that you can cast that allows you to get away with just as much effectiveness as conflags as a counter to that argument.... and this is somehow trolling/reportable?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
They'd have to wipe out all the super gear from Act of Stupidity (AoS) and every publish since then to bring skill back to PvP. Until then, Skill isn't required.
I do like a lot of what we have now but I do agree, real skills need to matter more and mods from item need to matter less.

First is alchemy needs a nerf. Either Hard cap EP or drop damage down on conflags and novas. Or add alchemy to the SDI break list. Bring skill back to PvP instead of run drop pots and cast one spell.
I like you need to use 100 points in Alchemy to get 80%, believe that was made to help crafters with little fighting skills. Everyone without alchemy can have 50% from items. I don't think it need a fix.

Second is VvV fix is needed for regular blues getting free reign to attack anyone without taking counts. If a normal attacks a VvV blue char they just turn orange and if they gank you, you cant count them. Counts should be able to be given to non VvV blues who attack VvV people just like normal. It did in the old faction system.
I believe it works fine, it invite more blue to fight, to try to PvP, when they won't get a murder count but I see your problem. Now where you easy can get rid of counts, the solution could be to let them get a count but changes the decay time from 40 hours to 5 hours and no decay in Trammel *Evil Grin*

When I'm at Yew Gate on a Red, the blues that flag on me don't even go OJ. But every single time I've flagged on someone on a non-vvv char, like my tamer, I go orange immediately.
I believe it is fair, you are a murderer and free game. Don't forget you have one very nice advantage non red do not have, your fields will hit blue, really nice vs blue stealthers.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alchemy is a crafting skill, it should not do 60+ damage plus a nova pot for insta drop. There is no reason for this to affect PvP ever. Its only become an issue since pure templates came out. It needs to be fixed in order to make pvp more fun for everyone instead of just the few exploiters. It turns fights into chases for them waiting on the conflag timer instead of people just fighting it out.

VvV thing for non vvv blues is just stupid, they need to be able to counted. Make them spend their gold on pardons and royals. Once you spend a couple hundred million on pardons you think better of just griefing people for no reason.