• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Two issues, rly three & a VERY important POLL

Should Wither and Holy Light damage and have a chance to reveal hidden/stealthed players?

• Total voters

Flen

Visitor
Okay, my issues, okay....

I have my karma locked in my necro, and had been working it down thinking that it's gonna have some effect of the summoned wisp. Okay, so, it's w/e, -15k, -19k, doesn't matter, every couple of day it gets snapped back to -10k. I could be at -19k, everything's fine and dandy, go afk at Luna for a few hours, come back and check and it's at -10k. Doesn't happen everyday, I haven't been able to correlate this phenomenon with anything I'm doing in game. GM chernabog and River both didn't have any clue, had me turn off Karma Lock and turn it back on, but that hasn't effected anything. So, anyone have any clue? Bug Report has been sent, but it's a very unfulfilling feeling sending off that email to the abyss. @Kyronix

Second issue is, why the heck doesn't Wither damage or reveal stealthers? I'm assuming Holy Light is the same but I don't have a paladin. What's up with that? It's AOE, so why's it matter if the person's stealthing or not?

And I'm having serious issues with the snow this year, I don't remember if it's always been like this or not, but the way the snow piles were placed make it impossible to determine if I'm about to run into a slope or a cliff. I'm getting stuck on spots that look like you should be able to run right up, but no, it's just a snow covered cliff. Lame, can't wait for that garbage to melt, hurts my eyes when I first sit down at the comp too.

Flen

Visitor
I get that the wither thing is on purpose, I didn't know about the Karma thing. They should change wither though, there's no logical reason for it not to reveal stealthers. Mages and I think mystics have AOE spells to reveal, why not the other classes?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't reset to 0, but it does pop back to -10k when you relog if you were previously more negative than -10k. I don't know why.

Flen

Visitor
It doesn't reset to 0, but it does pop back to -10k when you relog if you were previously more negative than -10k. I don't know why.
It's never so cut and dry as resetting upon relogging, or even after the server reset. Sometimes it'll go a couple of days without ****ing up and then randomly snap back to -10k.

Are we sure this is "working as intended". If that's the case then I think a pally's postive Karma should snap down to +10k every so often :D That would certainly start a commotion!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine never goes back to -10k when I log off and back in, ever. The only time I have noticed mine going up when it is locked and below -10k is if I take murder counts... for some reason they never fixed that part of Karma. My main necro on Napa is at -32000 and stays there.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine never goes back to -10k when I log off and back in, ever. The only time I have noticed mine going up when it is locked and below -10k is if I take murder counts... for some reason they never fixed that part of Karma. My main necro on Napa is at -32000 and stays there.
It may be that, all my chars except one are red so it could well be that.

Flen

Visitor
Ooooooh bc of murder counts?!!? Ooooooh LoL! That's probably what's messing with my Karma, well damn. Messing with tamers, sampires, and AFKers in Blackthorn's is a very important part of this game for me!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ooooooh bc of murder counts?!!? Ooooooh LoL! That's probably what's messing with my Karma, well damn. Messing with tamers, sampires, and AFKers in Blackthorn's is a very important part of this game for me!
Yup, that will mess with your karma even if it is below -10k. Still it could stand to be fixed, but.... at least you have an idea now what it is.

Enziet

Journeyman
It's not like stealthers are a huge issue in anywhere but Fel. It would be nice though to have another means of reveal.

Flen

Visitor
11 to 8, not a huge sample so far, I'm noticing the "No" voters are fifty percent female, interesting demographics study for people who are in favor of "easy button" playstyle.

I'd like to know why folks who voted no think that some AOE spells should damage stealthers and some shouldn't. Especially with shadowjumping, the cast time for these spells, smoke bombs, invis items, just plain running away in animal form... seems pretty easy to survive almost anything as a stealther these days.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I said yes, but I don't really think this is a fix.

Instead, I think the smoke bomb timer should be increased to 40 seconds. Something should also be done about the annoying invis jewl spamming happening of late. It's not game breaking by any means, I just find it extremely annoying. Add a 40 second timer to invis jewls too.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
conflag pots (all templates), thunderstorm, the SKILL detect hidden, pois strike, earthquake, etc etc.........cmon peeps. Not every aoe should reveal. Make a damb red character and have at it.

Flen

Visitor
Conflags are great, except they take a couple steps, smoke bomb, and that's that. Good luck casting a strangle in that short time to get to be revealed again right after. Poison Strike does not reveal stealthers... maybe it damages them, but they'd have to be standing right next to a visible player that you're targeting, that's not a very realistic situation. But Poison Strike isn't like meteor swarm where you can target a tile and have it poof.

So detect hidden, thunderstorm(maybe, I don't play a spellweaver either), and Equake. Detect hidden on a necro or pally? Rly?

And why shouldn't every AOE spell have a chance at revealing and damaging a stealther? I really don't get it, it's AOE, you think just because you can't be seen means you should be immune to only certain AOE? If Hogwarts was on fire and Harry was under his lil invisibility blanket you think he wouldn't have been burnt to a crisp?

And being red has nothing to do with orange vs orange. And I'll hold on to the FC1 bonus ty

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think any AOE spell should hit and have the potential to reveal hidden players. From a pure logic perspective if nothing else.... Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they aren't there.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With the auto-track scripts, its hard enough as it is. Maybe if cheating was more than just frowned upon, it would be viable......but not.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think any AOE spell should hit and have the potential to reveal hidden players. From a pure logic perspective if nothing else.... Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they aren't there.
Sadly, this would take too much sense. And it'd mean I'd have to stop laughing at people who try to reveal me with wither/holy light when I invis myself right in front of them. Not gonna lie, I enjoy that WAY too much.