• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lock Picking] Twisted Weald trick isn't......

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So just an update because I haven't seen it listed anywhere. My T-Hunter lost his carto and lping skills on stones when my houses fell last decade.
Ya it sucked but I figured retraining would be kinda nostalgic so WTH.....

I hit 95yesterday and tried the Twisted Weald Disco trick....and got no gains at all. Real skill dropped to 65 picking boxes with 72.5 skill ( which is prime sweet zone for gains) I got nothing...zero,...ziltch,... for an hour.

I know hardly conclusive but after talking to so new friends in game they all had the same response....
" Dude, that $h!t don't work no more...you gotta get yourself some pinks!"

So I have to say, I was sad back in the day when they changed the anti macroing code and killed the need for full blown lockpick houses. But then when ML came out and The Twisted Way became known I figured...ok it is a compromise and for the greater good.

Now no need for lock pick houses ( a couple boxes at different levels will do) and no Twisted..... can anyone else please confirm this and when the change occurred? Oh and if I am right and I am pretty sure I am....then the mods and admins need to change our FAQ and the UO guide info.

TW
Past THB catskills chapter GM
and Treasure Hunter forum MOD

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am aware of no such change.

On the other hand, I trained lockpick on a char for my hubby less than a month ago without this 'trick'. Admittedly the char has stealth though, so unlocking dungeon chests held no danger.
I also spent time in the two Brit guard towers. My crystal ball of knowledge assured me that even though most boxes there were 'too easy' there weere still some that were 'very easy' or 'easy'.

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It still works, I just did this a week or so ago when changing my thief around. I used a blue scroll and was GM'd in under 30 minutes. I'd say make sure you have the correct boxes in your pack and that you didnt grab the wrong set by mistake.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agree with the others, did both carto and LP within the last few months and completed both in the Weald. Make sure you have a skill marked down, if you are at max. Make sure you have the right boxes to pick. I know you know all this, so do I, and every now and then I'll look and something aint set the way it needs to be set for me to gain in whatever skill I need/want.

Good Luck
Parrot

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe you all...and yes I had everything set correctly and I had the right boxes...I checked and confirmed all that after I got no gains after eating a blue in Weald. You can go an hour without a gain...it is rare but not unheard of. If you all are sure it is working then I will stand corrected! :)

I used pinks ultimately and Gmed Cart and LP

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So just an update because I haven't seen it listed anywhere. My T-Hunter lost his carto and lping skills on stones when my houses fell last decade.
Ya it sucked but I figured retraining would be kinda nostalgic so WTH.....

I hit 95yesterday and tried the Twisted Weald Disco trick....and got no gains at all. Real skill dropped to 65 picking boxes with 72.5 skill ( which is prime sweet zone for gains) I got nothing...zero,...ziltch,... for an hour.

I know hardly conclusive but after talking to so new friends in game they all had the same response....
" Dude, that $h!t don't work no more...you gotta get yourself some pinks!"

So I have to say, I was sad back in the day when they changed the anti macroing code and killed the need for full blown lockpick houses. But then when ML came out and The Twisted Way became known I figured...ok it is a compromise and for the greater good.

Now no need for lock pick houses ( a couple boxes at different levels will do) and no Twisted..... can anyone else please confirm this and when the change occurred? Oh and if I am right and I am pretty sure I am....then the mods and admins need to change our FAQ and the UO guide info.

TW
Past THB catskills chapter GM
and Treasure Hunter forum MOD

You also have the option of using Scrolls of Alacrity (also referred to as "blues" they make you gain more when you have a succesfull gain) http://www.uoguide.com/Scroll_of_Alacrity or Scrolls of Transcendence (also referred to as "pinks" they add skill points right away) http://www.uoguide.com/Scroll_of_Transcendence

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Disco was such a pain I ended up xsharding to a dead shard and soloing despise champs till I had enough pinks to 120 then xsharding back.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Disco was such a pain I ended up xsharding to a dead shard and soloing despise champs till I had enough pinks to 120 then xsharding back.
Do you mean training disco is a pain?? Or that using disco to train is a pain?

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's form a disco train and blame it on the boogie, I seriously hated disco.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I discord the healers around old haven till a hundred then pinked it to 120