• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Turning over a new leaf

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This may sound sappy but I do NOT care.
I feel like a real jerk. Earlier somebody on Atlantic announced that there was an IDOC in New Mag on Chesapeake and I immediately logged on with a gift character that I have and went there. I noticed in chat the people of Chesapeake were sadden by the fact that a friend was going to lose his home and hard earned possessions. There was mention of contacting this gentleman to save his home. I found myself hoping that his house was saved and ultimately it was. I realized that I was one of the vultures and was so caught up in profit and failed to remember what the UO community should be about. I was impressed with the Chesapeake community. I hope to play here and one day be a part of the community. I know trust and respect take time and I hope to earn both. Never will I again be one of the vultures. Thanks for reading.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This may sound sappy but I do NOT care.
I feel like a real jerk. Earlier somebody on Atlantic announced that there was an IDOC in New Mag on Chesapeake and I immediately logged on with a gift character that I have and went there. I noticed in chat the people of Chesapeake were sadden by the fact that a friend was going to lose his home and hard earned possessions. There was mention of contacting this gentleman to save his home. I found myself hoping that his house was saved and ultimately it was. I realized that I was one of the vultures and was so caught up in profit and failed to remember what the UO community should be about. I was impressed with the Chesapeake community. I hope to play here and one day be a part of the community. I know trust and respect take time and I hope to earn both. Never will I again be one of the vultures. Thanks for reading.
I sincerely hope you decide to join the Chesapeake community.

Note: I was planning to close my account, but the people on Chessie are the main reason I decided to stick around. :)

PurplePotion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Awe, its sappy, but its a good sappy! I couldn't agree more. People need to stop worrying about who has the most imaginary goods, and focus more on the real friendships and bonds. I moved from Chessy to Atlantic about 5 years ago, but I still keep a few people on Chessy to go back to my old haunts there.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I will need to learn the ins and outs of Goblin rp but I would be more than willing :)
Yoos needz ta git wit King Ozog GiantFart en himz wills helpz yoos bekom a goblin! Yoos gonna likey Pitmuck en hab funz playin atz da goblin playgrounde... en yoos kin eet lotz ub free foodz atz da vegatarien kitchin enytime yoos wantz! :)

~ Icky Rotblossom, Goblin Cook ~
:pancakes:

Last edited: