• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Turn delay?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
After all these years of thunting on land, I'm finally going to test whether raiding merchant ships solo is worth the trouble
First, which ship to buy.
How many cannons do I really need for solo?
Also, what is "turn delay" on a ship, and should I consider it?
Drift speed?
ships.jpg
(Screen grab from uoguide)
Thanks

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I used a Tokuno ship until I got enough pieces for the Orc ship. Brit ship is SLOW and I have never used the gargoyle but it seemed to me at one time that the Tokuno was better. You only need the front cannon when going solo, the very front one. You bring the front end of your ship up to the back end of the pirate/merchant ship and keep firing until it is too damaged and then you can board. Back off if it turns its side towards you because it can then damage your ship.

Ships Guide - Old Stratics

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the tips. Looking over the steps for making cannons and ammunition - my god, what a mess! Anyway, concerning merchants, I've read kill them and I've read you can ignore them. Kill or ignore?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Killing merchants gives negative karma. Once you damage the merchant ship enough to board, you don't need to kill them. You can loot the contents and be on your way, no harm no foul. If you are not worried about karma or really want to live the pirate life, kill them!!! Either way ends up with the same loot. :)

I play on Chessy and if you have some time this weekend I can take you out on my boat and show you what I do.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lol, it seems pretty remarkable that you can shoot a ship with cannons and steal all its contents with no loss or karma right there. :arr:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hmm...
What kinda loot we talking about?
Ore, wood, fruits and veggies, crated of liquor for the most part though I know there are a few more items.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah that is still the same, forgot that there were replacement cannon supplies. I hate the fact that they give light ammo and charges, no one uses it because it takes twice as long. Every once in a while when I am bored, I will load up a light cannon and burn off some of the saved up light ammo and charges.