• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trying to re-install game

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm trying to reinstall the game but I'm getting this message at UO.com (9 pm Friday, EST)

This page isn’t working
uo.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 503

Is this usual?
Also, I was using Pinco's with EC before. Is Pinco's still a thing?
Thanks

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks, Paiwan.
I'll try to the eu link - Oh, wait - I never learned to play Classic Client and can't learn now :) Need EC
I assume uo.com being down is just temporary? Does this happen often?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks, Paiwan.
I'll try to the eu link - Oh, wait - I never learned to play Classic Client and can't learn now :) Need EC
I assume uo.com being down is just temporary? Does this happen often?
Yes it happens when they are updating the website. It will probably be down all weekend. The new patch info was added and it went down afterward.

Happened 2 or 3 weeks ago for a weekend.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Removed a few posts - as a gentle reminder, if someone wants to discuss 3rd party applications (and especially link to them), that activity needs to happen in the Unleashed sub-forums.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Merlin, I've been out a while, but are you implying that the third-part application I mentioned is not considered kosher in this forum? I thought that application was pretty mainstream by now, but as I said, I've been away a while. Or is it just posting links to another site that's not good? Thanks

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Merlin, I've been out a while, but are you implying that the third-part application I mentioned is not considered kosher in this forum? I thought that application was pretty mainstream by now, but as I said, I've been away a while. Or is it just posting links to another site that's not good? Thanks
Yadd, Pincos is an approved third party applicatoins and is okay to mention. There was a link posted by someone else to an EU download website for a free server that was removed.

PS - have you been able to get your client working?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks
Yes, back in the game, found Pinco's discord page still working, so that's set up
Putting macros back on characters.
Funny, I notice prices on some of the stuff I had stored has actually tripled since just three years ago. Bad for buyers but good for sellers.
Atlantic house still standing. Think I'll try to redecorate, although I've never been good at that :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco's is a custom UI for EC, anyone can make one, it's just that Pinco was so good at it that most people just use his.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like Pincos, but it can get buggy at times. Throughout my day I have to relog because of what I can only assume to be a memory leak. Or some gumps wont work correctly like my backpack wont open. Some taming bugs. But Ive learned to deal with them because of some of the other features that make the game easier lol.

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
I like Pincos, but it can get buggy at times. Throughout my day I have to relog because of what I can only assume to be a memory leak.
He's done a fine job but it suffers from bloat. No harm no foul. Something is talking back to his host though and that runs me the wrong way. If I want to patch I'll run the patch process, otherwise leave it alone.