• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trying a New Build!

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far, it's very entertaining. Here is my skills:

120.0 Archery
120.0 Music
120.0 Discord
110.0 Tactics (will be 120 once I get a scroll)
120.0 Focus ( I'm thinking about switching this to Provocation once I get a scroll)
70.0 Chivalry
------------------------------------

I discord my target and blast 'em with arrows! I'd love to provoke them on each other then pick them off one-by-one.

Anyone else play or have played a template like this before? Post your thoughts!

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had a disco archer for years. I can solo Navrey in about 6 minutes on him. My build is a bit different, I don't use focus or med, and I have GM anatomy for the increased damage. I use mana leech on my weapons and have a high mana regen suit.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Discord dexxers are a good idea in general, and although you don't mention how you're playing it I think you're likely missing a lot of their potential by being a fairly standard Chiv Archer. By which I mean a fast melee weapon skill such as Fencing (so that you don't need high Stam), or maybe even Macing with a good suit would allow you to leech enough Mana to keep Despair & Tribulation running - which would give you massive damage output - especially as you can now set the damage type of it and use Slayer instruments. You could further boost that by having 100 Necro and (by the use of some jewelery) enough SS (60-70 is plenty) to use both Vamp & Wraith Form to greater effect (as well as all the other Necro spells, karma is rarely an issue, you'd get some invaluable boosts). Remember that although you'd be taking extra hits from being melee the target would be Discorded so landing less anyway. My Thrower is similar (with the Necro/SS split) but instead of Discord has Bushido and Anatomy for maximum single hit damage (built with soloing The Slasher in mind), plus the other Bushido benefits.

The Prov idea... kinda depends what/where you're using it for, as does the above opinion, but the masterys from Prov are really good. I don't know what you'd get with just one Bard skill, but on my character with 2, one of them gives me an extra 11 in all stats, heals for up to 19 or so every few seconds, and increases my HP by 23 up to 173... and only needs about 8 MR to be sustainable. The other one adds some DI/HCI/SDI I think (been out of the game a while) not sure if this exceeds the cap which most dexxers would probably have anyway, but it would also make you very useful in a party.

Edit: Trying new templates is a huge part of the fun of the game (for me at least) so always nice to see someone trying something new regardless. So good on ya!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lug

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My favorite char is my archer bard. She has archery, anat, healing, provo peace and of course music and a tiny bit on chiv.
I don't have room for tactics, but run with high DI. I can pretty much take any mob in the game with some good real life tactics. I can't solo big bosses, but that's not really my things. If you choose the provo, a simple tactic is once you get two things fighting, kill them down evenly. meaning keep switching targets so they die at the same time. Or if there is one big one and tons of littles, keep provoing the littles onto the big and you always target the big. I use chiv for journey and for the one that hits the lowest resist. I don't have much mana as I want to kill things fast (as fast as i can) so I am heavy on dex and str.
The peacing is nice to stick things to the ground while you just pummel. Can an archer pummel? *thinks* Or just hold something still till the next thing spawns so you can provo again. I run with almost junk armour with self repair since I really don't have to worry about getting hit, it frees up the mods a bit to add things you might need.

I may use some ideas from Lord God up there, but I try to keep the fighting simple. Point and shoot!

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far, it's very entertaining. Here is my skills:

music 120
discord 120
peace 120
archery 120
tactics 110
chivalry 89.9
rest in focus while raising chivalry
I like the peace masteries for the regen and the damage reduction. I can keep both masteries running and I use a fast bow with mana leach and hit lower defense with a slayer property. I like this character also due to being a big help in a group withthe mastery bonus from Peace.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
man did I mess that one up. Whatever I just did it crashed my computer. Add two vollems to the mix and this character is a blast to play