• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

True minimum specs?

T

Tukaram

I was wondering what the real minimum specs are for the new client. I know what EA says, but most companies are not completely truthful about honest specs for reasonable gameplay.

I was wondering if it might run on my laptop... not that I would play at work... I'm just wondering for the academic value of the knowledge gained.

From you guys experience what would be the lowest specs and still be playable? It runs XP but I can't remember if it has 1 or 2 gig of ram. (I'm not sure on my laptop specs, I will check.)

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say a good single core cpu can also handle it, but laptops are bad too small garphics badwith.

CPU: Pentium 4 - (3 ghz) or AMD Xp 3000+
Ram: 1 GB DDR-400 Ram
Graphics: ATI Radeon X1500 or Geforce 6 (DirectX9 + min 256MB Memory)
Space: 2 GB

This are the lowend specs i would say.. really playing a machine like:

CPU: Dual Core Cpu AMD X2 or Intel CoreDuo
Ram: 2 GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon X1800 or Geforce 7 (512MB Memory)

Laptops are not really handling the Enhanced client good, only a good gaming laptop would do it, equal when you buyed it -2 years.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Minimum spec? Mainly 256 Meg DEDICATED video RAM if you want any performance at all. Laptops CAN run KR and EC actually very well (my "big laptop" ran KR without a problem and runs EC fine... it runs a GeForce Go 7600 256M dedicated) with the right specs.

2 Gig system memory, yeah probably a minimum as well but that's also considering newer versions of Windows and whatnot.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
my laptop runs it better than my desk top I have duel 1.6s and geforce and works great!
my desktop is 3.21 and geforce 6600?(i think close to that anyway)

T

Tukaram

Well I may just have to steal my sons laptop then :)

Thanks for the info.

K

Kiminality

I can't comment on the EC, but KR ran without performance issues on my old desktop, which is lower spec than anything listed thus far.
If I get the time, I'll get it set up to use properly (as in, not through VNC), and give the EC a test.