• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trinsic's Jousting Competition 8/30

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Saturday the thirtieth of August at seven pm the city of Trinsic would like to invite all participants and spectators to a jousting competition to be held in the old PGoH style. Transportation will be provided to the location of the event starting about a half an hour beforehand. The rules governing equipment are:
  • Grandmaster crafted plain armor only (no mods)
  • No quivers, talismans, jewelry or clothing with mods
  • Plain lances (UBWS is the only extra mod allowed, and will be provided to anyone not able to use one normally)
  • You may use any mount
  • No consumables may be used
  • No spells or specials may be used during competition except dismount
Scoring will be based on dismounts only.
  • One point for each dismount
  • First to 3 points wins that round
  • In the event of a tie (due to double dismounts) runs will continue until the tie is broken
  • Participants must run past each other for the dismount to count
  • Judges call is final for all scoring
The winner of the jousting competition will walk away with an engraved commemorative lance, a horse barding deed, and their pick of several reforged shields. Anyone interested in participating please contact me.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would be very interested if this ran during the day......eveni ng time is pretty limited, and these things always seem to run long as we wait for people

Armand de Romanus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
adding this 2 facebook, since pand is out of town. thom if u got fb, we could also make u *or anyone u delegate 2* admin there to help promote ur events. -adam

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would be very interested if this ran during the day......eveni ng time is pretty limited, and these things always seem to run long as we wait for people
The hope is that by asking for interested people to let me know ahead of time that it will run much quicker then in the past. O can have the order already sorted this way as opposed to doing it the night of while people wait.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your interested in this please let me know so I can get things sorted out.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How late do you see the event going Thom? I would love to attend but I typically turn in to a pumpkin ( or fall out of my chair sleeping) by 930-10 est

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How late do you see the event going Thom? I would love to attend but I typically turn in to a pumpkin ( or fall out of my chair sleeping) by 930-10 est
I don't see it running much past 9 to be honest.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well I am standing out side of the PGOH jousting arena near trinsic.... dressed like a fool in GM plate wondering where everyone else is?

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We couldn't use the arena in Olympus because of highlight issues, I gated everyone to the Haven arena instead.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoyed it as well. I'll find another day to do it again soon.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a blast thanks Thom....I was ralos...I can't wait for the next one :) a few of us stuck around to duel after and then went to fel to duel against some reds :)