• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Trinsic City Elections

Aryala

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Citizens of Trinsic!

Today I speak to you as a candidate in the elections for the position as governor of Trinsic. Many of you will know me from my time and offices in the Duchy of Trinsic, which I am honoured to represent in this election. To those that do not yet know me: I am Aryala, a sorceress, scholar and seeker of knowledge.

During the last months, our previous governor has all but failed at meeting the expectations which you, the citizens of our fair city, held for this position. Negotiations with the guilds of Trinsic failed miserably, so that you were not able to employ a benefit most of the time. The few times that a trade deal was available, you had no way to influence which one would be chosen. In a similar fashion the audiences with the king were wasted as well. Outrageous and insensible demands about the construction of new docks and obscure alterations of city buildings were met with well-deserved neglect. There was no communication. No initiative to bring more events and happenings to our fair city and no sensible plans for the future.

If you, the citizens of Trinsic, will grant me this chance, then I will seek to change all of this. With the support of the citizens I will seek to make trade deals available to all of us. I will seek to gather information on which deals will be beneficial to the majority of people, but will also allow room for less popular deals. Together, we will work on sensible demands to place before his Majesty King Blackthorn, and we will see them realized. In close cooperation with the governors of the other cities of our realm I will seek to raise Trinsic’s influence once more and to bring activity to our fair city.

Our city has much to offer. The New Player house near the moongate has been supporting our young for many years and will continue to do so. After the disappearance of the Elven Quarter the construction works for the new Rosewood Community are nearly complete. New facilities will be made to all visitors. The docks, the bay and barrier isle offer space for captains to anchor their ships and to conduct their trade. Rumours from the sailors tell of new adventures waiting soon.

Even though we have lost many of our friends, companions and enemies we still persist in our world and in our city. Today, I invite you all to not only persist, but to rise and shape the world around us. Let us make Trinsic not only a beacon of honour, but also of hope and courage. Let us bring life back to its streets and song and laughter back into its taverns. Vote for me and I shall do everything that is in my power to strengthen our fair city and to represent it in the King’s Council.

I thank you for the opportunity to speak to you. May the virtues bless you.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the city of Honor, one would expect truthful worth be spoken, and it pains me to see these false accusations raised against me.

I shall tell you what I did manage to accomplish the psat months. When you claim that communication has been poor, I say you that during the first meeting with his majesty the king, I have requested message boards and ballot boxes be placed near the city stones of all cities so that governors may better communicate with the citizens. This request has been granted by the sovereign and will be instated soon. You say that there have been no funds for trade deals. I say that during the first meeting, I have confronted the king with his poor, bureaucratic tax implementation which have been in the way of proper fundraisers by every city in the realm. I have campaigned very heavily with the proper officials to change the situation. This complaint has also been heard, and taxes will be abolished soon so that our city treasury may accumulate funds unhindered and trade deals can be instated. You claim that the citizens had no influence on the trade deal, which is an outright falsehood, as the deal which enhances magical proficiency has been unanimously requested by the citizens I spoke during last election period and those I met since. You are right that this might not be very transparant, however for this purpose I have requested a ballot box during the first meeting, and such problems will soon be a thing of the past.

Furthermore, I have opened diplomatic relations with the cities of Skara Brae, Minoc and Moonglow and will work with them to organize events and festivals that you crave so much, but as you can understand, this is something that needs time and organization and most of the other governors have been very occupied with other matters during the warm summer months.

You claim that my requests towards the crown have been insensible and rejected because of this reason, so, I ask you to name any other governor that has accomplished more during the past months than I have.

You claim that there was no communication, but let me get these facts straigth and remind you that I have extended my hand to you and your organization several times; both immediately after the elections and during the first meeting with the king where I honored you in my inauguration speech. This was met by utter silence and inaction on your behalf. You excluded yourself from participating in the city affairs, not me.

Over the past weeks, I have provided the royal architects with the materials to erect a governor's office, so that I may better communicate and serve the citizens of Trinsic. I can say with confidence that you will not be the one to sit in the office I commissioned. Nevertheless, my door will still be open for you.

I believe that Trinsic should be open and accepting to all people. I also believe a governor should be able to look outside the walls of the city and work closely with the governors and citizens of other cities. And not be isolationist and put own old-boys cliques ahead of others and ignore everyone that is not a part of it. I am capable of doing that, but I seriously wonder if you can say the same.

Signed,

Shakkara
Duchess and Governor of Trinsic

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to add something...
Shakkara been active. For the buffs, for example. She did threads here about it. She been here, in our beloved sosaria, many times (else i wouldn't have asked her to marry me 32 times the past two months).

What you state is wrong. Shakkara did what she could. If you could do better, i guess you don't need a governor post to do so.

Aryala

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
(Since marking this as RP is apparently not sufficient let emphasize that this was a roleplaying post, written from the point of view of a character and neither bound to honesty nor anything else, really. I think Shakkara understood it in that way, since she replied in turn. For those in doubt: its simply IC election propaganda and by no means an attempt to comment on anything the player did or did not do/achieve/attempt/whatever.)

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah! Tis political propaganda, which means it has nothing to do with honesty or truth but everything to do with I am right and they are wrong whatever was said.

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*tries to rewrite what is done*
*wonders*
ah oh.

Well. As far as i know. *sips a beer*. Skka'undies as i call her, cause she'll never let them down... been real nice as she could.
As she could ? yes. She been busy much, and couldn't take care of each things.
Buuut *sips a beer* she took care of the realm. May it be by pidgeons sent to me, keeping me aware of what she does, and so...

she could not have worse that *hips* alaster ! oh that damn rascal ! if i catch him ! hmm wait...

*goes sleeping*