• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasures of Tokuno

Should Treasures of Tokuno be brought back permanently?

• Yes.

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • No.

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Yes, but with an adjusted spawn rate and/or adjusted items.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Maybe just temporarily, an event that comes and goes.

Votes: 37 39.4%

• Total voters
D

Dakkon Djinn

I've always wondered why can't we have a permanent tokuno artifact system? Protecting the rarity of these items is certainly not an issue due to all the duping. It would actually give us something to do in Tokuno!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've thought this all along..... infact they could slow the spawn rate a bunch like for the 10th anniversary items...... and then they could give us back the old dyes and just have them cost 2x as much.... that would be fine.... infact they could make them all 2x as much if they wanted but bringing them back and making them more permanent would be preferable.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm ready for another run of them, but ifd they were permanent, the desire for them would basically over time fade to nothing.

Personally, I favor them being an occasional temporary event. Maybe tweak a few rewards each time (i.e. the dyes, a few of the artifacts, etc) so that each batch is unique, have them run for a month or two, then stop again for a long time, then repeat.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I have said before. The tokuno champ should drop the minor treasures and then they could be turned in for the major treasures. Not only would this bring the treasures back into the game permanently but it would also solve the issue of the tokuno champ being useless.

U

UltimaSword

Bring them back for maybe a month or two then shut them off again. Keeps them desirable while giving people a chance to get stuff they want.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I have said before. The tokuno champ should drop the minor treasures and then they could be turned in for the major treasures. Not only would this bring the treasures back into the game permanently but it would also solve the issue of the tokuno champ being useless.
x2.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted temporary but on further reflection...

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted no, however if they did it like last time and did not bring in the bright dyes id be happy with it. Id also be happy if the dyes became refillable, but not for new ones.

G

Gwendar-SP

I voted no, however if they did it like last time and did not bring in the bright dyes id be happy with it. Id also be happy if the dyes became refillable, but not for new ones.

Who wants the new dull dyes? The bright ones were much nicer.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have to laugh when people call the ToT2 colors "new" as they were the original (pre-colored ore) colored plate colors.

The thing is there are some of the colors in BOTH versions I like and others that were to me a waste of item space (i.e. the darker colors are more my preference).

I thought the selection for Major dye colors in ToT 2 were a bit weak compared to what was available (i.e. they didn't put the "true black" color in the major, just the minor).

I'm not sure which color batch I would want to see in ToT 3. Maybe a completely new one. Maybe ones that would take advantage of the better palate abilities of KR... who knows. *shrug*

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Periodic event one a year for a month or two like how WoW does yearly periodic events. But bring back TOT1 dyes those f'kin ugly ass dull dyes are terrible.
Just keep both dye sets.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrrr, they could make it a recurring event, with the actual colors available for the dyes determined randomly each time!

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/signed.

Tokuno is useless right now. Tram has the new dungeon drops, Fel has powerscrolls, Malas has Doom arties, Ilshenar has paragon arties. Tokuno has... nothing.

I'm ready for another run of them, but ifd they were permanent, the desire for them would basically over time fade to nothing.
The desire for ilsh arties/doom arties/powerscrolls/virtue dungeon arties etc. hasn't faded.

Limited time events make me want to projectile vomit.

All they achieve is to force people into this truly ******** and barbaric frenzy to try and horde as many of the latest item as possible. Then its over, and the casual player has no chance.

Let us play on our own time, a-la-every-other-facet.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Paragon Minors were dead up till they were put in the Spring Cleanup list and will be again once the Cleanup event is over.

People don't camp Legacy dungeons for Virtue artifacts, the drop rate is too abysmal.

Doom only got better when they tweaked the drop method.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
definitely not, twice is more than enough, i wasn't thrilled when they were brought back a second time... the value of the majors is low enough dont want it to drop any lower

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
definitely not, twice is more than enough, i wasn't thrilled when they were brought back a second time... the value of the majors is low enough dont want it to drop any lower
No one cares about the value of your pixels and /or epeen.
No reason to not bring back an event everyone liked once in a while. Part of the reason UO is in the state it is now is vecause half the new content it gets these days gets taken away shortly after...that's not how to run an MMO.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one cares about the value of your pixels and /or epeen.
No reason to not bring back an event everyone liked once in a while. Part of the reason UO is in the state it is now is vecause half the new content it gets these days gets taken away shortly after...that's not how to run an MMO.
yes that is how to run an mmo by taking it away after a while, people do care about how much things are worth, the only reason these people want them back is because they turned all of their minors in and want more

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the champ in Tok should drop minors. Also I'd like to see the major dyes changed to have maybe 10 charges. The one charge dyes should drop as minors.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tokuno champ spawn should drop Tokuno items, Ilshenar champs should drops scrolls of alacrity, it's been said for years and shouldn't be that tough to do. They just can't do it. Instead we get cocoa trees and nonsense.

M

Mechanic

I have never understood rare items in MMO's. They should be called power items because they defiantly are not rare. They should be easier to get. Last time I checked this was not virtual theme park where you get rich buying and selling , its UO where you kill stuff for fame and fortune.

A

Amathist of PoC

I know my stash of dyes are getting low....I had two sets but one was lost on me so I have safe guarded my other as much as possible. But I like to accessories *grins* so I need more dyes at least.

It was also the last big event I remember nearly everyone taking part in....the virtue drops didnt seem to get the same response as the tokuno treasures did.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Tokuno artifacts were actually useful. The virtue artifacts were basically the dev team going "You don't need items that are.. you know.. good, or that can be repaired, do you?"

E

Eslake

I don't follow.
How does lowering the value of items that have been unobtainable (through any legitimate means) for over 3 years effect anyone who hasn't been duping them?

S

Sebinhk

I don't follow.
How does lowering the value of items that have been unobtainable (through any legitimate means) for over 3 years effect anyone who hasn't been duping them?

What has that to do much with duping? I kinda doubt anyone would bother duping those, the values is too low. There are better things to dupe.

But either way, it would affect me, as I paid 40 million for a complete set.
If they are suddenly back in game, the value drops. I basically lost gold.

However, I still agree that Tokuno should be made useful again, this way or the other. Its one of the places i never go, which is sad as people took so much time to create that land...

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My opinion as well.

So... x4?

E

Eslake

What has that to do much with duping? I kinda doubt anyone would bother duping those, the values is too low. There are better things to dupe.

But either way, it would affect me, as I paid 40 million for a complete set.
If they are suddenly back in game, the value drops. I basically lost gold.
That's kind of my point. ;)

If you have them for yourself, you don't lose anything if their value drops to 1g each, because you still have them.

The only reason their value declining would matter is if you were selling them with some frequency. But since they have been unobtainable for so long, the only way to get a continuing supply of them to market is by duping or buying from a duper.

And you don't really believe there were enough Legitimately obtained minors to account for the thousands upon thousands of RBCs and turnin-dyes on every shard do you? ;)

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
agreed x5 :D

L

Lord Drakelord

I like the permanent drops in the anti virtue dungeons, something nice to look forever to a day of killing and killing there, and wish they also had them in Fire and Ice, a new player has a chance of getting a decent set of armor that is bless as well. As for the Treasures of Tokuno I rather they stay as a temporarily event that comes and goes, something to look forward to plus it will keep an market of Tokuno major arties active, where as a permanent placing of these arties in the Tokuno dungeons would drive the market away and prices would drop fast.

L

Lord Drakelord

I think the champ in Tok should drop minors. Also I'd like to see the major dyes changed to have maybe 10 charges. The one charge dyes should drop as minors.
that would be nice.

C

Cybrdragon

What he said!

/signed.

Tokuno is useless right now. Tram has the new dungeon drops, Fel has powerscrolls, Malas has Doom arties, Ilshenar has paragon arties. Tokuno has... nothing.

The desire for ilsh arties/doom arties/powerscrolls/virtue dungeon arties etc. hasn't faded.

Limited time events make me want to projectile vomit.

All they achieve is to force people into this truly ******** and barbaric frenzy to try and horde as many of the latest item as possible. Then its over, and the casual player has no chance.

Let us play on our own time, a-la-every-other-facet.