• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasures of Tokuno III !!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Starts: Server up today
Ends: 18th July
[FONT=&quot]Treasures of Tokuno –[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What’s New with the Treasures of Tokuno?[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]10 completely new “minor” dyes, replacing the old, dull hues![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fresh Peach[/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Silver[/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Deep Brown[/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Burnt Brown[/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Light Green[/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Rose[/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pale Blue[/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Noble Gold[/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pale Orange[/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]5Chaos Blue[/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Removed the “Pigments of Tokuno” from the Major Rewards menu (players can now only get the dyes from the monsters themselves)[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1 new minor artifact: “Leurocian’s Mempo of Fortune” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Luck 300[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Mana Regen 1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Physical Resist: 15%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fire Resist: 10%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cold Resist: 10%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Poison Resist: 10%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Energy Resist: 15%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Known Issues:[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Can’t turn in the new mempo in exchange for the Major Rewards[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Spawns blackrock on ToT monsters (It’s a feature, really!)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fix for the Quiver of Rage to reset to the correct properties on server up.[/FONT]
note the quiver fix is going in too. These new items are in addition to the existing minors. Usual ToT format, minors fall in your pack, trade in with the minister in Zento.

I just got 'the destroyer' no dachi - obviously I was hoping for a mempo.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They fall in your pack, so they don't spawn *on* anything, you can kill anything and everything in the Tokuno islands to gain credit towards a drop.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure on the fame thing. The higher the fame of the creature, in theory. But in practice you can kill the smaller stuff so much faster that in time spent the middle range of fame seems to be best. Last night I got twice as many drops in the same time period as I did Friday night. The only difference I'm aware of is I sacrificed my fame before I started because I'd lost a path.

Oh and
*dances*
one of the drops I got was the mempo. Which my Piper Lullabie is now wearing :D

C

cheerful

As far as i'm aware the fame of your char has nothing to do with the drops but as you say the fame of the monster does, it's the same as virtue drops, kill a load of high fame mobs to accumulate a 'bank' of points then change to mid and lower fame mobs for the quick kills to trigger a drop. I'm getting 4-6 drops an hour this way.

So glad they named the dyes this time around makes life alot easier although the peach one looks purple to me!

As for the mempo it looks great on......none of my chars. Would have liked to have seen something more 'universal'.

Damn that Casca, getting distracted.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:D I dyed it as close as I could to skin coloured, using the 'dull copper' section of the leather dye tub colours.
I think all the tokuno armour items have to be samurai style

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Post some great places to "farm" the drop? Im currently using fan dancer dojo and beetlescape.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't mind 'communal farming' the champ spawn is a lively spot, I'm hearing that people are getting frequent drops there, and the occasional scroll of transcendence and replica drop as a bonus :D

D

DuLang

Oh and
*dances*
one of the drops I got was the mempo. Which my Piper Lullabie is now wearing :D
Grats for this Petra,

Been slogging my guts out trying to get this!

Had 85 drops since Friday morning, no luck on the Mempo yet :( (88 if you count 3 small pieces of blackrock - I don't ;))

Anyone getting some favourite new dyes?

1 shot deal was a bit disappointing.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe you're trying to hard. I've not kept count of how many I've got, but I wouldn't need to take my socks off to count them :D

D

DuLang

*joins Petra in dancing*

165th drop - mempo!!!!!

can take a rest now :D

D

DuLang

A whole month with nothing but this? I don't want to believe it myself

I think they might add something before the end - perhaps I'm living in a dream world though :)

T

thelust6

I just recieved two bottles of the chaos blue pigment, looks nice ; )

T

Tukaran

Alright, I've finally got some time to get stuck into ToTIII! I'm not after anything particular, although the mempo could look quite cool on my tamer/t-hunter :)

Any thoughts on the best place to start? I remember doing the hellcats/dogs in ToTI and beetlescape in ToTII. I'm reading that the champ is good spot too - what are everyone's opinions?

I'm not after 100s of drop, just the chance to participate and get a handful for my own use :)

Cheers,
Tukaran

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any thoughts on the best place to start? I remember doing the hellcats/dogs in ToTI and beetlescape in ToTII. I'm reading that the champ is good spot too - what are everyone's opinions?

I'm not after 100s of drop, just the chance to participate and get a handful for my own use :)

Cheers,
Tukaran
What I have found it really depends on your character. Skillset and equipment. I have had fun testing out my characters against an assortment of beasties in the Dojo and the land surrounding it. I started out with lady of the Snow on the tamer, but quickly found out they took too long to kill. I still go there to train up pets though.

My dexer vs fan dancers for example was not a good match as they tore her shield apart pretty quick. On the other hand, my tamer with her pet could deal with those. My dexer cuts through demons pretty fast and is nearly unkillable as long as I don`t do anything stupid. Archer, tamer, mage get killed a lot.

I have yet the player skills to fight succubis/balrons on any template.. but I`m getting there.

Move around, test out what works best and is the most fun for you. I tried the champ spawn but had no idea what was going on at all. Basically just stood still - wide eyed and pretty useless as I was furiously trying to keep up with various slayer bows and whatnot:blushing:

T

Tukaran

Okay, spent a couple of hours in and around the Fan Dancer Dojo and I got
1 tome, 1 legs of stability, demon forks and 2 pieces of blackrock.

Almost as much as I managed to get in the whole of ToT II lol!

Cheers,
Tukaran