• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasure Map Runebooks

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those books will still have some use. They will allow access to some of the more remote areas of the land. How would you get to some of the islands if not for a treasure map runebook?
They may eventually become replaced by 'area' books. There's at least one Tokuno island where a map was dug on test center. Who has a rune to there? Such runes are going to be needed.
Erika3 posted a link to some maps she'd made of where she'd dug treasure on test center. It will give you some idea of the kind of runes that will be needed in future.
http://f27.aaa.livedoor.jp/~fullmoon/treasuremappoint.html

Whitestar4016

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the heads up on that.
I'll try to come up with *working title* Atlas books
hmmm And they'll have to be rather extensive it looks like.
Guess its time to train cartography.
Enjoy all
:gee:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, there are some unconfirmed reports that the lowest map levels still use the original system - either level 1 only, or levels 1 & 2. Can't remember which thread mentioned it, though.

If this is true, the books will be good for those starting out their TH career.

Keira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those books will still have some use. They will allow access to some of the more remote areas of the land. How would you get to some of the islands if not for a treasure map runebook?
http://f27.aaa.livedoor.jp/~fullmoon/treasuremappoint.html
Great points. The rune library in Ter Mur will leave our collection of T-map rune books as is for historical purposes and will start another section for remote islands (sometime when I have time) to make it easier to get to them. Thank you Petra for the news. :)

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have started building a New Ruin Library for the New Maps that is set up by area. The ruins will get you close to the map location and then it is just a short walk to find your map. For example--If you have a map you know in north of luna, you would go to the Malas / Luna book and look for a ruins that says North of Luna. From there it should be just a short walk to your map. The "Under Construction" Library is on the second floor of my Luna House which is on the NE back corner of Luna. If you check it out and have any suggestions, please let me know.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:D will you slap me if I ask you to mark runes rather than ruins?

incidentally, there are names to some of the areas of Malas, Tokuno and Ter Mur, that you could probably use for reference, check out the Complete Atlas Right side menu

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:D will you slap me if I ask you to mark runes rather than ruins?

incidentally, there are names to some of the areas of Malas, Tokuno and Ter Mur, that you could probably use for reference, check out the Complete Atlas Right side menu
LOL....I do that all the time....Thanks....maybe one day I will spell it correctly on my own with out someone having to remind me.

I will look into adding those landmarks to the books. Thanks again:)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll find, I think, that some landmarks actually are ruins. So you can mark a rune at the ruin :lol:

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll find, I think, that some landmarks actually are ruins. So you can mark a rune at the ruin :lol:
LOL.....I have a post it on my wall now with Ruin and Rune....lets hope I remember to actually look at it.

Thanks!